Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 916 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 416 816 866 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 966 1016 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,740 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Tonight smoking a KBB Yellow Bole and some Hearth and Home Black House. This seems like a good pipe and ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Tonight smoking a KBB Yellow Bole and some Hearth and Home Black House. This seems like a good pipe and Tobacco combo.

James
    For the Love of (__[@}___Cigars__}}}}}
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."~E G R

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Smoked lots of pipe last weekend. And cigars too! We got all the way to the mid 40s. Today? Ten inches of fluffy white. Unbelievable.

Back to the snuff...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    Smoked lots of pipe last weekend. And cigars too! We got all the way to the mid 40s. Today? Ten inches of fluffy white. Unbelievable.

Back to the snuff...
    Same here. I just stepped outside for a midnight half bowl through the corn cob and watched the snow fall. Pretty crazy getting snow this late in the season. 8" I think is what they were saying here. Took a stroll around the block. It was really pretty out, but I'm ready for real spring now.

Germain's Rich Dark Flake loaded in an S-M Barling's Make Lovat.
    Same tobacco loaded, half bowl, in a Ropp Altesse for breaking in.
    Louisiana Flake loaded in my ancient Barling's Make Bent Billiard.

That ought to hold me. Off to the shed!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

Troost in a Dr. Grabow Royalton as I prune my Japanese Maple.

Young Puffer Fish

A little 965 in my trusty little basket pipe, giving the dunhill a rest tonight. Need to grow my collect so I have a wider range of choices.

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

A big bowl of cd Opening Night in an old Wally Frank pocket pipe.

Yeah, Opening Night sounds like a good choice tonight.
    ********.com

This evening I had a bowl of Penzance in my large Ardor Freehand and a bowl of Orlik Golden Slice in my Sherlock Holmes #1 . It has been ages since I've last smoked these two tobaccos and my experience this evening was so rewarding. My Panzance is three years old and it was so very mellow with lots of delicious sweet flavor; I took deep very slow puffs with whiffs of delightful smoke curling around my nose. The Golden Slice transitioned so well from the Penzance; dang-it this was certainly a special evening. I topped off these smokes with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew which made this a great pipe event!

Young Puffer Fish

A bowl of McClelland St James Woods in my cob. This is my first foray into the world of VaPers and don't feel the catagory is over hyped in the least. If this blend is even slightly representative of the other VaPers available then I have a lot of rewarding exploration ahead of me.

Having already tried a BurPer (C&D Exhausted Rooster) the strong scent of barbecue sauce didn't come as any real surprise on the tin note and the McClelland vinegar scent that I have read so much about was certainly present as well. I rubbed it out and allowed it to dry for about 30 mins and didn't really have the lighting problems others have written about. This is my first experience with the virginia sweetness as I have only smoked burley and english blends up to this point. The taste stayed consistent through the entire bowl and didn't turn ashy and bitter at the bottom like the other blends I've tried, which was certainly a welcome surprise. There was also a hint of an almost berry flavor in the background as well, subdued but not at all hidden. The only real disappoint was that I really had to "look" for the famed perique peppery note, which was mainly what I was looking forward to experiencing. All in all I was really pleased with this blend and really look forward to trying other blends in this catagory.

The other half of my order was a tin of 1792. I have a large flake drying in prep for the morning pipe but I'm not so sure about this one. I'm really not an aro guy and the heavy perfume smell has me a bit apprehensive but I'll give it a shot and keep an open mind.

A little Stoney in a Savinelli.

1792- Not exactly an aro and unless you smoke cigars I'd probably eat a little something in the morning before diving in. Just sayin.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    A little Stoney in a Savinelli.

1792- Not exactly an aro and unless you smoke cigars I'd probably eat a little something in the morning before diving in. Just sayin.

Well I'm hoping it's a "different" kind of aro than what I have experienced, and from what I've read it is supposed to be in a whole different class.

Thanks for the heads up on the nic hit, I'll certainly "eat my wheaties" before I light up. I have a pretty hefty tollerance though after 30 years of smoking (including the occasional cigar). I once tried to quite but found that nicorette just pairs too nicely with a marlboro Also, until recently, 5 brothers was manufactured in my home town. Actually I worked on the cleanup crew at Pinkerton for a while when I first got out of high school (many moons ago lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Torque View Post
    A bowl of McClelland St James Woods in my cob. This is my first foray into the world of VaPers and don't feel the catagory is over hyped in the least. If this blend is even slightly representative of the other VaPers available then I have a lot of rewarding exploration ahead of me.
    Whew...glad I popped the Escudo tin to include in your NPS package!

Another bowl of Opening Night for me.
    ********.com

...and even more Black Bogie Aromatic. Glad I got a lot of this last order.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Finally got more Eso Dunbar. In a Don Carlos.

windows screenshot