Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 917 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 417 817 867 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 967 1017 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Some Anglers Dream in a pipe I received as a gift. Not sure who made it but it smokes great!...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Some Anglers Dream in a pipe I received as a gift. Not sure who made it but it smokes great!

Well dried Anni Kake. A point of note to those it may interest, after suffering from strep throat I have found I need to really dry my tobaccos or not just tongue burn but inner cheek burn is a possibility. I've managed it but was worried for a day or two.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Today has been a good day.

My back has been thrown out since Sun morning. A flexeril last night, and this morning, has me back in shape again. Good mobility and lack of pain rocks!

I've had a couple bowls of PA in a meer today, and just finished a GH vintage 2000 rubusto out on the porch. It was fun watching the hummingbirds at the feeders.

Drowning my sorrows in Angler's Dream...again. What can I say...I like that stuff!

Using my "Poetry Pipe" that I won a few months back and wondering why I haven't been smoking it on a more regular basis! This thing smokes great and has a really deep bowl!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

A rare Friday pipe (usually smoke cigars on the weekend) of Esoterica Dunbar in a Le Nuvole. Sorry to hear of the stolen pipe, Chris.

Astley's no. 55 in this:Claudio Cavicchi Rusticated Bent Dublin Pipes at Smoking Pipes .com

Yes, I actually bookmark the pipes I buy from smokingpipes.com. Too nerdy?
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Astley's no. 55 in this:Claudio Cavicchi Rusticated Bent Dublin Pipes at Smoking Pipes .com

Yes, I actually bookmark the pipes I buy from smokingpipes.com. Too nerdy?
    That's a great looking Cavicchi, Mark. I really like dublins and the shank really makes the pipe. Plus, it's light weight for a Cavicchi (my only gripe about his amazing pipes.)
    Last edited by Thirston; 04-27-2013 at 02:47 AM.

nice bowl of Bulleye tonight in my no named straight billard. Yummy

3yr old LTF tonight. I think this has single-handedly rekindled my love for the pipe.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    That's a great looking Cavicchi, Mark. I really like dublins and the shank really makes the pipe. Plus, it's light weight for a Cavicchi (my only gripe about his amazing pipes.)
    Yeah, it's definitely the lightest Cavicchi I have. I'm more of a holder than a clencher, so it doesn't bother me, but yeah, most of his pipes would drive a clencher to drink...

Astley's no. 55 again tonight, but in different pipe; unfortunately, Iwan Ries pages won't bookmark that way...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely the lightest Cavicchi I have. I'm more of a holder than a clencher, so it doesn't bother me, but yeah, most of his pipes would drive a clencher to drink...
    Right, I've recently sold off 2 of my Cavicchi Estate's and it really bummed me out, but I clench 85% of the time now. The pipes smoked as good as everyone says and the engineering was amazing, but were left on the rack most of the time because of weight. I keep an eye out for lighter weight ones but not too many around.

Enjoying some Sherlock Holmes VR blend in a Savinelli Tortuga.

This evening I had a bowl of SG Skiff Mixture in my large Rossi Freehand followed by a bowl of Carter Hall in my Savinelli 320EX. I have really come to enjoy Skiff Mixture of late; this tobacco is so flavorful and burns so well. I was digging thru my stash and saw this Carter Hall which I rarely use so I decided to give it another try. Initially I was not overly impressed with this blend but this evening in my big fat pipe it was quite pleasing. I think that I will smoke this tobacco in my Savinelli EX pipes (which I have two). I topped off these smokes with a small glass of brandy and I had a relaxing evening.

Germain's Rich Dark Flake in a Ropp Altesse Straight Billiard.

The morning and afternoon smokes were small pipes of Brown Bogie Rum.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

I'm putting that Germain Rich Dark Flake on the to-order list!

Quiet Nights in a Pete Deluxe. The wind is roaring outside of the Raven's Grove Pipe Den. Power was out for a couple of hours, but the Wildcat IPA is still cold and the smoke sweet!
    Credo quia absurdum!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Broke out the meer after many, many months of dormancy. For some reason I'd never smoked Royal Yacht in the meer. What the h3ll was I waiting for? Fantastic smoke, perfect on a full (relatively) belly and with some mighty fine pipe weather.

The meer darkened up real quick this evening.

Particularly around the rim - darkest I've ever seen it, if I'm not mistaken.

I swear the coloring when the pipe is purring runs pretty much to butterscotch, or actually like a big chunk of caramel - very opaque in some spots. You can actually smell the beeswax in the "room" note - nice.

I will be smoking MUCH more Royal Yacht out of this thing. Should be a great summer in my backyard.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?