Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 920 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 420 820 870 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 970 1020 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Okay, I finished the 55 and decided to just load a bowl out of my scrap Virginia jar. Problem is, ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Okay, I finished the 55 and decided to just load a bowl out of my scrap Virginia jar. Problem is, it's fantastic! What am I supposed to do, just open everything and dump it in a trash bag to mix?
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Okay, I finished the 55 and decided to just load a bowl out of my scrap Virginia jar. Problem is, it's fantastic! What am I supposed to do, just open everything and dump it in a trash bag to mix?
    "Well, if a woman can make herself up to look like that and then turn around and make herself look a stunner, where does that leave us!?" -- Captain Hastings
    "It is the beginning of wisdom, mon ami." -- Hercule Poirot.

Sheesh, I decide to drop in for a night smoke and the place is empty. Well, I'm going to enjoy my midnight bowl of PA/5B anyhow, so there.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

trying some Vintage Syrian
    Bring me my battle pants!

My final smoke this evening was some SG Chocolate Flake (one of my favorites, and possibly my number one favorite, this week ) in my Hardcastle bulldog.

Christmas Cheer 2003. Much better than the 2001 was.
    ********.com

Bowl of Anniversary Kake in my new MM General. Much bigger than the legends I have been smoking. Makes me apprehensive about trying the MacArthur.

Just watched King Solomon's Mines again. I last saw this "live" in the Village Theater when I was seven. So did they grab a few handfuls of diamonds or not!? sheesh. Smoking a bowl of Royal Yacht to end the day.

Howdy fellas. Just loaded up some Aged Burley Flake. I haven't had this one in a while, but found some hiding in the back of the "medicine" cabinet. It's probably been resting a year or more. Lovely smoke for a lovely South Texas evening (albeit a tad buggy out tonight).

Maturing Puffer Fish

Just started some rattray's red rapparee in a MM legend, it's okay so far, not sure I like latakia very much. I started my English blend journey with this. Might try some Dunhill nightcap next.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

Another first for me; Royal Yacht. Not going to lie a little intimidated after reading up on it, but I had a big dinner so with The Avengers on the TV and a nice cold glass of sweet tea, I think I'm good to go.
    Bring me my battle pants!

This evening I had a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake in a no name large Freehand pipe. I had picked up this pipe in 2011 but smoked it infrequently even though it was a great smoker. I always had a problem with the tobacco clogging up the pipe making it difficult to smoke. After careful observation I found that the pipe maker drilled the hole too low in the bowl. Last week while checking out EBAY I saw these stainless steel pipe screens and realized what their function was; I ordered some. Today I used one of these screens in my Freehand and my smoke was absolutely delicious; the pipe remained unclogged. I topped off this smoke with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew and I had a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2075 View Post
    Just started some rattray's red rapparee in a MM legend, it's okay so far, not sure I like latakia very much. I started my English blend journey with this. Might try some Dunhill nightcap next.
    Red Rapparee is English, I think, but there's no Latakia in it. Nightcap has a goodly dose of Latakia in it, so you'll definitely know after smoking that.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Red Rapparee is English, I think, but there's no Latakia in it.
    It's not often that I can correct Jim, but there is indeed Latakia in Red Rapparee...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Yes, it's supposed to be pretty light in the latakia. Don't know what Rattay's means by a luxurious quantity. I think I'm good with small amounts of latakia, never got around to having a bowl of nightcap yesterday. Definitely going to have some tonight though and see how I like it. From what I've read and after the Red Rapparee I'm going to get some Bald Headed Teacher from 4noggins along with a few other blends from them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    It's not often that I can correct Jim, but there is indeed Latakia in Red Rapparee...

Teach me to trust tobaccoreviews.com. I've smoked it before, but didn't remember it having any Latakia in it, so I "looked it up". The tin description there is also quite different: Exhilarating and elusive, quaint and seductive. Prepared from choice Red Virginias and heavily flavored with Orientals, giving it a red tinge. It burns in the pipe with the spontaneity of a fine cigar.

Sigh. Back from a round of hideous swings at the pellet, ready for the palette instead. A little Players Championship, Old Mil and big bowl of Royal Yacht, which I hope does not contain Latakia.