Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 921 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 421 821 871 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 971 1021 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke Teach me to trust tobaccoreviews.com. I've smoked it before, but didn't remember it having any Latakia ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Teach me to trust tobaccoreviews.com. I've smoked it before, but didn't remember it having any Latakia in it, so I "looked it up". The tin description there is also quite different: Exhilarating and elusive, quaint and seductive. Prepared from choice Red Virginias and heavily flavored with Orientals, giving it a red tinge. It burns in the pipe with the spontaneity of a fine cigar.

Sigh. Back from a round of hideous swings at the pellet, ready for the palette instead. A little Players Championship, Old Mil and big bowl of Royal Yacht, which I hope does not contain Latakia.
    No, RY is a pure Virginia, in spite of many reviews on tobaccoreviews which talk about it containing burley.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Tonight, since the wife is absent, I'm smoking a bit of Boswell's Best Burley. She likes the room note of burley the least of all the tobaccos I smoke.

I don't think I like it as much as Classic Burley Kake!

Teach me to trust tobaccoreviews.com. I've smoked it before, but didn't remember it having any Latakia in it, so I "looked it up". The tin description there is also quite different: Exhilarating and elusive, quaint and seductive. Prepared from choice Red Virginias and heavily flavored with Orientals, giving it a red tinge. It burns in the pipe with the spontaneity of a fine cigar.

Sigh. Back from a round of hideous swings at the pellet, ready for the palette instead. A little Players Championship, Old Mil and big bowl of Royal Yacht, which I hope does not contain Latakia.
    I always thought it did have some Latakia, albeit faint. However, I never was quite sure based on the tin description, that is until they put that little "catalog" in the top of their newer tins.

In the Latakia vein of today's posts, I am enjoying a bit of GLP Maltese Falcon in my Bjarne Saucer. Lovely stuff.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Nightcap in my Wiebe..watching Sherlock Holmes and the House of Fear.

Christmas Cheer in a Cavicchi straight billiard.
    ********.com

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    No, RY is a pure Virginia, in spite of many reviews on tobaccoreviews which talk about it containing burley.
    Really? I thought RY got it's citrusy tanginess from Oriental tobaccos?

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    Really? I thought RY got it's citrusy tanginess from Oriental tobaccos?
    Only Virginias as far as I know. It gets anything else from its topping.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Filling an S-M Barling's Make Lovat with Germain's Rich Dark Flake ready for the end of the latest Dr Who episode. Cybermen!!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Filling an S-M Barling's Make Lovat with Germain's Rich Dark Flake
    Ah yes, make lovat, not war. I'm having a bowl of the Irish Oak in the Country Gentleman, looking for a fight. I accidentally bought a pair of women's golf shoes on ebay. RATS!!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

. . . I accidentally bought a pair of women's golf shoes on ebay.
    SURE, Jim.

Your secret is out, though we've long been suspecting...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

No longer a community member.

A bowl of Velvet in a Brewster

No longer a community member.

Nightcap in A Gatlinburlier house pipe

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    SURE, Jim.

Your secret is out, though we've long been suspecting...
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Wait...NO pictures; I believe him!!!

I'm about halfway through a bowl of Christmas Cheer; next up is Balkan Sasieni. One of my meers seems to be coloring faster right now and I can't leave it alone. Yeah, I know; it's coloring faster because I can't leave it alone, but I can't help it.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Wait...NO pictures; I believe him!!!

I've decided on a more manly pair instead.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney