Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 925 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 425 825 875 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 975 1025 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,875 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Northwoods in my Boswell's Poker...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Northwoods in my Boswell's Poker

Just curious, how fast was the car moving while you were posting those pics? Remarkable clarity! Whatever, I'm finishing up a bowl of RY in the FourDot pot and off to bed early. Looks like there might be more big storms tonight. Man, last night was LOUD. Not usually quite that much lightning with the thunderstorms around here.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Terry,

You sure do have some beautiful pipes! I need to buy a camera just for this forum. I have several meershaum pipes and love everyone of them. They are a true delight to smoke! Dry, cool, and the tabacco really tastes great. I never want them to end. Thanks for the pictures!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I am still on the Royal Yacht kick - hands down my favorite smoke. I think I figured out why some are said to wear white gloves when smoking a meerschaum. The car was slightly warmer than usual, due to the unexpected but very welcome sun, on the commute home today. The rim of my meer became translucent towards the end of the bowl (see second shot below), and the sides were almost, no were, oozing just the tiniest bit of beeswax. You might notice the glistening on the sides of the bowl:

I've said it before, but will repeat it here: if you've never pampered your meerschaum with a fresh bath of wax, give it a shot.

No longer a community member.

Nightcap in a GBD Prehistoric

Astley's No. 55 in a Radice bent Dublin. I decided to switch this stuff to a larger pipe. Smoking a thin ribbon like this when most of your Virginia fixes come from flakes or broken flakes gets frustrating in a small pipe.
    ********.com

Maturing Puffer Fish

Delayed post forgot to post last night, I smoked some Dart Mix from Jim and it was very good. Don't remember but maybe 1 relight in a MM Legend. Definitely need to pick up some of the stuff you used to create this mix and play around with some blends of my own maybe. If you could post a rough list of what's in it and the % of each so I have an idea of how much of the aromatic is in there that would be great. Thanks again for the sample.

I am confused as usual -- and I just received my first tin of flake tobacco. Are you saying that your prefer to smoke flake tobacco in a larger bowl? Is that a personal preference or over all wisdom? Thanks for your patience with me -- but this really interests me.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Astley's No. 55 in a Radice bent Dublin. I decided to switch this stuff to a larger pipe. Smoking a thin ribbon like this when most of your Virginia fixes come from flakes or broken flakes gets frustrating in a small pipe.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Everyone has their own preference, but I prefer a smaller bowl for flake tobacco.

I prefer a smaller bowl for flake tobacco because otherwise I cannot walk afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    I am confused as usual -- and I just received my first tin of flake tobacco. Are you saying that your prefer to smoke flake tobacco in a larger bowl? Is that a personal preference or over all wisdom? Thanks for your patience with me -- but this really interests me.

Michael
    No, you're not confused; I just worded that badly. Most of the Virginias I smoke are flakes or broken flakes, so I automatically think smaller bowl when I smoke Virginias. Astley's No. 55, however, is a fine ribbon. Not shag, but a finer ribbon than many. So, I automatically grabbed the small bowl, as it's a Virginia, but because it's a ribbon, it burns much faster, and the bowl is over way too quickly. So I switched to the Radice, which happens to be the biggest bowl I have.
    ********.com

Smoked up the Ashton Artisan's Blend and most of the Fox's Dorisco Mixture during the afternoon and early evening.

Time for a change of pace with some Louisiana Flake in my ancient Barling.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Thank you for the explanation. This information helps me out tremendously! Again -- thank you for taking the time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    No, you're not confused; I just worded that badly. Most of the Virginias I smoke are flakes or broken flakes, so I automatically think smaller bowl when I smoke Virginias. Astley's No. 55, however, is a fine ribbon. Not shag, but a finer ribbon than many. So, I automatically grabbed the small bowl, as it's a Virginia, but because it's a ribbon, it burns much faster, and the bowl is over way too quickly. So I switched to the Radice, which happens to be the biggest bowl I have.

I am confused as usual -- and I just received my first tin of flake tobacco.

Michael
    We're all bozos on this bus, Michael. What flake did you go for, just out of curiosity?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Davidoff Flake Medallion -- mostly because it was the only one I could find that was in stock where I was looking. It is very good and I am enjoying it. But I am noticing the flake to have a stronger flavor and much slower burn than the 1Q I am used to. I want to try others as I can find them to purchase. I had never really heard of flake before and the Brothers keep talking about it and how good it is -- so being a noobie -- I had to try and learn for myself. Great experience! Thank you to everyone for your patience with me and my questions. I have so much to learn oh Masters.....

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Davidoff Flake Medallion -- mostly because it was the only one I could find that was in stock where I was looking. It is very good and I am enjoying it. But I am noticing the flake to have a stronger flavor and much slower burn than the 1Q I am used to. I want to try others as I can find them to purchase. I had never really heard of flake before and the Brothers keep talking about it and how good it is -- so being a noobie -- I had to try and learn for myself. Great experience! Thank you to everyone for your patience with me and my questions. I have so much to learn oh Masters.....
    Ya think Michael is ready for the Irish Flake?

I usually rub out all flakes, so bowl size/selection is not really any issue for me. In fact, I can't really remember the last time I smoked a rolled/stuffed flake - it was probably Ennerdale, though.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 05-22-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?