Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 926 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 426 826 876 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 976 1026 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I am dying to try Irish flake -- but every place I looked said it was "On Order" and I ...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

I am dying to try Irish flake -- but every place I looked said it was "On Order" and I wanted to get something to try now. As soon as I can find it -- I will definitely be trying it. I bought a few new pipes so I can dedicate them to the new tobaccos I am being introduced to on this forum. Such a pitty -- having to buy new pipes...I will try rubbing the flake out and see what happens. I am so new at flake I find humor in my attempts. But I must say -- it is a wonderful smoke. Life is Good. Thank you for the recommendation. I appreciate all of you sharing your recommendations. It is like discovering pipe smoking all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Ya think Michael is ready for the Irish Flake?

I usually rub out all flakes, so bowl size/selection is not really any issue for me. In fact, I can't really remember the last time I smoked a rolled/stuffed flake - it was probably Ennerdale, though.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    I am dying to try Irish flake -- but every place I looked said it was "On Order" and I wanted to get something to try now. As soon as I can find it -- I will definitely be trying it. I bought a few new pipes so I can dedicate them to the new tobaccos I am being introduced to on this forum. Such a pitty -- having to buy new pipes...I will try rubbing the flake out and see what happens. I am so new at flake I find humor in my attempts. But I must say -- it is a wonderful smoke. Life is Good. Thank you for the recommendation. I appreciate all of you sharing your recommendations. It is like discovering pipe smoking all over again!
    This is a pity, Michael. The empathy I feel for your problems finding flake tobaccos, coupled with my dismay at your apparent love for a tobacco blend I do not enjoy (1-Q) has inspired me to put together a small sample for you. Going out in tomorrow's mail are a little of each of the following:

• Peterson Irish Flake
    • Solani Aged Burley Flake
    • Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Ennerdale Flake (should we warn him?)
    • Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Happy Brown Bogie

Granted, the last is not a flake - but something's gotta cut down that 1-Q consumption!

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

This is a pity, Michael. The empathy I feel for your problems finding flake tobaccos, coupled with my dismay at your apparent love for a tobacco blend I do not enjoy (1-Q) has inspired me to put together a small sample for you. Going out in tomorrow's mail are a little of each of the following:

• Peterson Irish Flake

Granted, the last is not a flake - but something's gotta cut down that 1-Q consumption!

Waitaminute - did I somehow miss sending you some during my last 1Q bombing run?
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Young Puffer Fish

FM On The Bayou in my cob. My McClelland order came in from P&C today. Was pleasantly surprised to find one of my tins coded 710306. Gonna pop the top on that one this weekend and see what a 6 to 7 year old VA tastes like. Can't wait

Terry,

WOW! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I cannot tell you how excited I am to sample this extremely generous gift! Perhaps 1Q will become a thing of the past. I really do like the Davidoff I bought. Smoked three bowls today. I will be sure to let you know what I think of them. And again -- I sincerely thank you for your empathy -- eh -- generosity.

Michael

• Peterson Irish Flake

Terry,

WOW! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I cannot tell you how excited I am to sample this extremely generous gift! Perhaps 1Q will become a thing of the past. I really do like the Davidoff I bought. Smoked three bowls today. I will be sure to let you know what I think of them. And again -- I sincerely thank you for your empathy -- eh -- generosity.

Michael
    Only thank me AFTER the Ennerdale Flake.

Hee hee.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

I look forward to it -- nervously so...

Only thank me AFTER the Ennerdale Flake.

Hee hee.

I look forward to it -- nervously so...
    While I know you're fairly new to puff, something about you seems somehow familiar. Do much reading, Michael? Ever read a work entitled: "Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Au Colloid Monolayer Self-Assembly: Undergraduate Experiments in Surface and Nanomaterials Chemistry"?

Something about it makes me think of you...

Interesting -- I was thinking the same thing about you. Though I read a lot -- I have not read that particular book.

While I know you're fairly new to puff, something about you seems somehow familiar. Do much reading, Michael? Ever read a work entitled: "Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Au Colloid Monolayer Self-Assembly: Undergraduate Experiments in Surface and Nanomaterials Chemistry"?

Something about it makes me think of you...

Last edited by bluesman.54; 05-22-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Tonight I enjoyed about 3 bowls of the london blend #1000 from Dan Tobacco again. Something about it really resonates with me. Had a great session outside smoking with friends around a fire.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

FYI 4noggins has Irish flake in stock.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Ya think Michael is ready for the Irish Flake?
    I'm not sure I'm ready for Irish Flake! I've had some sitting in a jar on my "smoking shelf" for over a month now and I'm trying to ignore it...
    ********.com

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I'm not sure I'm ready for Irish Flake! I've had some sitting in a jar on my "smoking shelf" for over a month now and I'm trying to ignore it...
    Ah its not that scary. Good flavor and very satisfying.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdk View Post
    Ah its not that scary. Good flavor and very satisfying.
    Mark, you have to try it, Andrew is right. Irish Flake is an excellent tobacco, one of the best.

As for me, I'm still smoking Burley Flake No2 every day.
    Last edited by commonsenseman; 05-23-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

More Dunhill Standard Mixture in the Old Mokum.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp