Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 928 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 428 828 878 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 978 1028 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Started with Dan Tobacco's Da Vinci aro. Switched to a bulk EMP match from Pipes & Cigars. I bought it ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Started with Dan Tobacco's Da Vinci aro. Switched to a bulk EMP match from Pipes & Cigars. I bought it because I didn't realize it was a match. The VA characteristics are very apparent, and it is already prepared. All my other VAs are in flake form, which take preparation, so this is nice because I can load & go. Also, delicious!

Oh and the Da Vinci was in a cob - and the EMP match was in a Peterson second.

There's the old avatar!

More no. 55 tonight; stuck in a rut again!
    ********.com

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Gently puffing some SG St James flake in a wide bowl bent no name pipe. Just stunning after a stressful day taking the kids out.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    There's the old avatar!

More no. 55 tonight; stuck in a rut again!
    I figured a lot of people might not know it was me with the new avatar.
    Corporal Punishment!

No longer a community member.

a bowl of Velvet in a Storient Meerschaum

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

Had a bowel of SG Squadron Leader. First time trying it. Good stuff, I'm looking forward to trying the other SG. Now I'm thinking a good cigar a little latter to finish out the night
    Bring me my battle pants!

A little SG myself... I've had some FVF drying out all day. We got tons of rain last night, lots of flooding in certain parts of town, but tonight is very mild and comfortable. It's just me and the skeeters hanging out...

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

McClelland's Pebblecut in a Le Nuvole. A tasty vapor.

Quote Originally Posted by cp478 View Post
    I figured a lot of people might not know it was me with the new avatar.
    Some avatars really stick in my mind. Yours was one. Another was used by a poster on another board that I've known for ten+ years. He used an avatar with Gary Busey that I don't think he's used in at least six years, but whenever I see a post from him, I see Gary Busey...

Tonight: more of the usual in a Cavicchi Dublin.
    Last edited by MarkC; 05-26-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    ********.com

A beautiful late spring day today; sunny, warm and wind-still. A few hours lopping trees and shredding the branches. Hawthorn has thorns. Cut my hands to bits but quite satisfying results. My acers have sunlight again. Mesquite barbecued chicken, vegetation (I don't really hold with eating scenery, but you have to show willing), rice, a couple of glasses of Puilly Fuisse and chocolate tart to finish. Lovely.

Out to the garden for Germain's rich Dark flake in an S-M Barling's Make Lovat and another glass of wine. Coal Tits have nested in a bird house on the edge of the patio and raised a noisy brood. They are busy parents. Bit of a commotion as a urban fox (quite a nice one, some are really skanky) darts in from the bushes, kills and runs off with some bird or other (Urbane Foxes - "Good evening...") As the darkness descends, I have my first sighting this year of a couple of Pipistrelle bats flitting around the garden. I like bats.

I'm loath to attempt anything further today.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

Dunhill Nightcap in a Gatlinburlier house pipe

Puffer Fish with some spikes Salty's Avatar

I just had a lovely dinner with my parents. Had a quick cigar on the patio. I am not having 1792 in the Tsuge. Very nice eveing.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake in my Savinelli 320

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I just had a lovely dinner with my parents. Had a quick cigar on the patio. I am not having 1792 in the Tsuge. Very nice eveing.
    Please correct that, Salty.
    Just set out some 1792 to aerate a bit, but in the meantime will enjoy a Nicaraguan Ligero-Laced 2nd Liga 'F' in robusto. Best damn $1.84 cigar money can buy. Really - they're quite good!

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

This evening I had a bowl of SG FVF in my large Ardor Freehand and am sitting here enjoying a bowl of SG Best Brown Flake in my Rossi Freehand while listening to the jazz piano of Beegie Adair. In the past I have had occasions of not drying out properly some of my flake tobaccos; dang-it I was too impatient! Today I decided to address this problem with a little more logic than I had previously used. I usually refill my sandwich size baggies 1/3 full from my tobacco jars and my flake tobaccos are too moist to smoke and needs drying out. Earlier in the day I dried out three of my entire baggies of flake tobaccos, watching over this process like "a mother hen" until the moisture level was perfect and restocking my baggies with the tobacco. Let me just say that it was such a pleasure to simply pull out my SG FVF and SG Best Brown Flake, fold and stuff in my pipes and sit back and enjoy. I need to say that my pipes are "humming" this evening and I am topping off all of this with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew; life is good!