Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 930 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 430 830 880 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 980 1030 ... LastLast
Results 13,936 to 13,950 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I received a very generous sampler package from ProbateGeek aka Terry today. Terry, I will PM in a bit. Long ...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

I received a very generous sampler package from ProbateGeek aka Terry today. Terry, I will PM in a bit. Long day at the hospital. My knee and ankle are swollen and iced and I am witing for my hydrocodone to kick in. But Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I will indeed enjoy this very much!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    I received a very generous sampler package from ProbateGeek aka Terry today. Terry, I will PM in a bit. Long day at the hospital. My knee and ankle are swollen and iced and I am witing for my hydrocodone to kick in. But Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I will indeed enjoy this very much!
    Michael will soon pop his 1792 Flake cherry. Oh, boy.

Enjoy them all, friend!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Very Funny Old Boy! You can be certain I will enjoy each and every one of them. I bought some new pipes and cleaned some old ones just for the ocassion! Thank you for your generousity!

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Michael will soon pop his 1792 Flake cherry. Oh, boy.

Enjoy them all, friend!

Maturing Puffer Fish

How do you like your Savinelli Alligator? Is it the bent stem? I just bought one and am waiting to receive it.
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of the forums.

I like the way the Savinelli looks. It looks sharp with the smooth raised sections on the bowl. My only disappointment was that I thought it was going to be bigger. But that's on me. Trying to visualize dimensions from a computer into my head =) Also I can use it for stronger baccy. I been sorta mixing aro's trying to see if the balsa filters help. I don't smoke a lot of aro's but I got a whole mess for them from Boswells. Not 100% sure on what to dedicate it towards. Will work itself out in time. But its smokes really well and I love the shape I got.

Thank you! I am eager to get mine.I got a bent shaped one that is similar to another one I have that I really like. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by DECigar View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of the forums.

I like the way the Savinelli looks. It looks sharp with the smooth raised sections on the bowl. My only disappointment was that I thought it was going to be bigger. But that's on me. Trying to visualize dimensions from a computer into my head =) Also I can use it for stronger baccy. I been sorta mixing aro's trying to see if the balsa filters help. I don't smoke a lot of aro's but I got a whole mess for them from Boswells. Not 100% sure on what to dedicate it towards. Will work itself out in time. But its smokes really well and I love the shape I got.

No longer a community member.

Velvet in a bent LaRocca Novo

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Enjoying some Dunhill Standard Mixture from 2008 that Les (Lestrout) kindly sent me in a trade. Thanks Les!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Finishing a bowl of RY -- thanks to ProbateGeek -- in one of my favorite Old Guard Stanwells. This RY is absolutely awesome. I could have a new favorite! Thanks again!

Finishing a bowl of RY -- thanks to ProbateGeek -- in one of my favorite Old Guard Stanwells. This RY is absolutely awesome. I could have a new favorite! Thanks again!
    Glad you find it to you liking - I figured you would. I probably smoke more RY than any two others, though I'm now in the mood for some Kendal Dark or Kendal Kentucky. Perhaps a Toscano cigar?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

I find it very much to my liking. A wonderful, full flavor smoke without the sweetness and absolutely no bite. Were it not for this forum and you so generously sharing some with me I might never have tried it. What a pity that would have been.

Glad you find it to you liking - I figured you would. I probably smoke more RY than any two others, though I'm now in the mood for some Kendal Dark or Kendal Kentucky. Perhaps a Toscano cigar?

Silly me, I assumed a sampler from Terry would be 6 baggies of 1792? Some bulk and some from a tin of course...

I think I'll join you in having some RY tonight. I haven't had any in a while and happen to have a tin begging to be opened.

The sample Terry sent was indeed six very generous baggies of various types -- and one is 1792. However -- the RY is no more and I will soon purchase some for myself. The first bowl was so good -- when it came time to have another for the afternoon smoke break -- well.... I wouldn't have tried it without Terry sending the sampler and I now know that would have been one of life's greatest tragedies! So you see -- his kind actions averted a tragedy in this vast universe of ours from happening. We all owe him a vote of thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Silly me, I assumed a sampler from Terry would be 6 baggies of 1792? Some bulk and some from a tin of course...

I think I'll join you in having some RY tonight. I haven't had any in a while and happen to have a tin begging to be opened.

Too bad I forgot the Tom Buck.

Too bad I forgot the Tom Buck.

I guess you still have about 14 lbs of that stuff, huh?

Boswell's No Bite Delite in a cob for me. Though with all the RY love going on tonight, I will probably have that be my second bowl. Ah the power of suggestion!