Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 931 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 431 831 881 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 981 1031 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,965 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; All day long I've been waiting to get home to have some Kendal Dark in the meer. Had dinner, grabbed ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

All day long I've been waiting to get home to have some Kendal Dark in the meer. Had dinner, grabbed what WAS the appropriate jar, and see the Kendal Dark scratched out, replaced by "Dart Mix". No offense, Jim - BUT I WANTED KENDAL DARK!

As the brother-in-law would have said in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin: bit of a cockup on the tobacco front!

I hate it when that happens - perhaps some Irish Flake will appease my flashing nicometer...

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    All day long I've been waiting to get home to have some Kendal Dark in the meer. Had dinner, grabbed what WAS the appropriate jar, and see the Kendal Dark scratched out, replaced by "Dart Mix". No offense, Jim - BUT I WANTED KENDAL DARK!

As the brother-in-law would have said in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin: bit of a cockup on the tobacco front!

I hate it when that happens - perhaps some Irish Flake will appease my flashing nicometer...

Irish Flake. Yum. Makes me think of Irish Oak.

Which sounds glorious. Think I have some laying around here...
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

You guys are making me feel bad with all my aros. However, I think I am outgrowing the aros. They were good for a time. I can't wait until I have a bunch of flake just lying about. ;-)

Leave the flakes to us flakes,now!

The meer holds one and a half flakes of the Irish, when rubbed out and gravity filled. That'll do, Pig - that'll do.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

I took a vacation week, so there's been plenty of time for smoking the last few days. And we all know what happens when Mark has plenty of time to smoke. Ouch. So it's an 8-5-8 maduro for me tonight. I had a bowl of Christmas Cheer loaded, but I don't think it's humanly possible for me to smoke a virginia slow enough to not aggravate the over-toasted tongue right now.
    ********.com

Mark, I feel your pain. It has been a heavy smoking weekend for me as well. The wife prefers the pipe though (and truth be told, I mostly do as well) so I shall soldier on.

Terry, a little off topic, but I find that when I only gravity feed any tobacco the draw is way too loose. I like a good packed draw. Do I need to just give that up and losely pack the flake? I usually smoke about 2 flakes when that is my poison for the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    Terry, a little off topic, but I find that when I only gravity feed any tobacco the draw is way too loose. I like a good packed draw. Do I need to just give that up and losely pack the flake? I usually smoke about 2 flakes when that is my poison for the evening.
    Well, perhaps my statement was a bit misleading. I always rub out flakes, and if I've dried the tobacco well the gravity fill pretty much does it - I do a light tamp after the false light, then am usually good to go. Tonight I did tamp the Irish Flake down a bit, as it was far from dry. But with a bigger bowl, like my meer, giving it a few taps on the side seems to settle things quite well without packing.

I'd do it any way that works for you - I'm a creature of "best guess", which then turns into habit, good or bad.

...though I'm now in the mood for some Kendal Dark or Kendal Kentucky. Perhaps a Toscano cigar?
    Not a bad idea. I think I'll join you with a Toscanello Caffe.

Attachment 77744
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    Mark, I feel your pain. It has been a heavy smoking weekend for me as well. The wife prefers the pipe though (and truth be told, I mostly do as well) so I shall soldier on.
    I know what you mean; I had to break out the pipe finally. I pulled out a tin of Opening Night; much easier on the tongue than McClellands. With Opening Night, I don't have to worry about my taste buds catching on fire if I get distracted!
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Not a bad idea. I think I'll join you with a Toscanello Caffe.

Attachment 77744
    Ha - nice set up, Robert. What is the strength level of the Toscanellos? If adequate, I might somehow manage to overlook the flavourings...

Ha - nice set up, Robert. What is the strength level of the Toscanellos? If adequate, I might somehow manage to overlook the flavourings...
    They are up there with the other Toscanos, maybe just a touch lighter. I must say that I haven't been knocked sideways by them like I used to be. I agree with you generally on flavoured cigars; they are the devil's work. These, however, have that rare thing, a flavouring that enhances a cigar. Perfect with (or instead of) breakfast or after dinner.

SG Black XX rope in my tiny Ropp Prince.

Young Puffer Fish

Some SG St. James Flake fresh in from my latest P&C order. Gonna have to watch this stuff, my first experience with "tongue bite", very odd sensation, need to slow down a bit Great flavors in this blend and nic content is very satisfying. My first go around with SG 1792 wasn't a very pleasant experience, but I'm definitely a fan of the St. James. Can't wait to see what it's like with some age on it.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

1792 -- now There's a FINE pipe tobacco. Perhaps because I missed lunch making my rounds today it seems to have a high Vitamin N content. But as far as tamping goes -- it seems that if you tamp it down as opposed to a gravity fill -- it is hard to keep going. I did dry it out a bit -- but tamped down it is difficult to keep lit. Perhaps the issue depends upon the tobacco being smoked. Either way 1792 is perhaps the best I have ever experienced. Thank you very much for this sample. It will not be my last. Oh -- I used one of my finest meerschaum pipes. A truly delightful experience it is!

Well, perhaps my statement was a bit misleading. I always rub out flakes, and if I've dried the tobacco well the gravity fill pretty much does it - I do a light tamp after the false light, then am usually good to go. Tonight I did tamp the Irish Flake down a bit, as it was far from dry. But with a bigger bowl, like my meer, giving it a few taps on the side seems to settle things quite well without packing.

I'd do it any way that works for you - I'm a creature of "best guess", which then turns into habit, good or bad.

Some Prince Albert to start out! Might switch to a cigar later though.