Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 932 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 432 832 882 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 982 1032 ... LastLast
Results 13,966 to 13,980 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Opening Night....

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Opening Night.
    ********.com

Breaking in my lovely new pipe I got here (Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes) with some Stonehaven.

First full bowl of Dunhill Flake in the 30s Ropp's Make Straight Billiard I recently restored. The pipe is now free of the taint of the horrid French tobacco that it tasted of in the first few part bowls. Dunhill down to the heel. Sherlock Holmes might have approved of that rough Tabac Gris, but I do not. (Well maybe very occasionally for "educational purposes"...)

I'll let it rest and have an S-M Barling's Make Lovat of Germain's Rich Dark Flake. Can't get enough of this fine VaBur.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

My first bowl of Peterson's Irish Flake -- thanks to ProbateGeek -- in an Alligator Saveinelli. Very nice --great flavor. Not 1792 Flake -- but a very good smoke. Ah -- Life is Good!

Another reason I prefer pipes to cigars: my own indecisiveness. I have between me and the keyboard a pipe, loaded with Opening Night, that has even had a charring light already. But I'm putting it in the rack to smoke something else. And I'll still be able to enjoy this bowl later!

What's the something else? Well, after reading the post above mine, I've decided. It's time to pop that Irish Flake cherry!
    ********.com

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Well, after reading the post above mine, I've decided. It's time to pop that Irish Flake cherry!
    The more lecherous among us watch on in unabated anticipation...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I've not smoked any other pipe for about 2 weeks while I give the meer an extended workout (or I'm in a lazy spell and refuse to clean any of my other pipes - your choice). So, I've loaded the meer with 3/4 of 1792 and a little RY topping to get the ball rolling. I'm off to do some Friday night grocery shopping - oh, yeah - living a life of intrigue and excitement...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Stokkebye Twist Flake in my Irish Seconds pipe!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Mark -- you bring up an excellent point about pipes vs cigars. Cigars are never the same relit -- but a pipe -- the taste, flavor and enjoyment patienty wait until we find the proper moment. I love cigars -- don't get me wrong -- but for me there are times I just don't feel like dealing with the ash. At those times -- the pipe comes through with the enjoyment I desire at that moment.

Enjoy the Irish Flake. I know I'll be ordering some soon. It has to be one of life's greatest pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Another reason I prefer pipes to cigars: my own indecisiveness. I have between me and the keyboard a pipe, loaded with Opening Night, that has even had a charring light already. But I'm putting it in the rack to smoke something else. And I'll still be able to enjoy this bowl later!

What's the something else? Well, after reading the post above mine, I've decided. It's time to pop that Irish Flake cherry!

A bowl of Germain's Rich Dark Flake early in the afternoon, but the bulk of the afternoon and evening has been "English". Dunhill Standard Mixture in a Myon Royale Straight Bulldog. I'm finding that I am enjoying this style more and more. Funny as I absolutley hated Standard Mixture when I first tried it 30 odd years ago. My taste buds must have died off to just the right degree. I'm sure it can't be a more developed and mature palate...

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    A bowl of Germain's Rich Dark Flake early in the afternoon, but the bulk of the afternoon and evening has been "English". Dunhill Standard Mixture in a Myon Royale Straight Bulldog. I'm finding that I am enjoying this style more and more. Funny as I absolutley hated Standard Mixture when I first tried it 30 odd years ago. My taste buds must have died off to just the right degree. I'm sure it can't be a more developed and mature palate...
    Hated Standard Mixture too and I still have my first tin locked away in a mason jar fm 6 years ago to prove it. Maybe I should revisit it as well. Love all other Dunhills. Thx for reminding me.

Young Puffer Fish

McConnell Scottish Cake in the Dunhill

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Enjoying a bit of Dunbar in a newly cleaned Savinelli Laguna, which reminds me of the importance of deep cleaning my regulars a bit more often as the flavors can easily get mottled in a pipe that's somewhat dirty, but well taken care of and therefore ruining the smoke and my perception of a quality tobacco.

Germain's Rich Dark Flake in an S-M Barling's Make Lovat this afternoon. No time for smoking this morning.

This evening, I think I'll go with Louisiana Flake in my ancient Barling.

(For a collector of Ropp pipes, it seems I smoke most of my tobacco from "foreign" pipes. Currently, only the ropes get smoked in what should be my preferred tools.)

Maturing Puffer Fish

Samuel Gawith Navy Flake in my Boswell Partially Rusticated Bent