Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 933 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 433 833 883 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 983 1033 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,995 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Busting out the pipe for the first time in a long time. Couldn't wait till Monday for the proper tobacco ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Busting out the pipe for the first time in a long time.
    Couldn't wait till Monday for the proper tobacco shop to open. So I hit the little "mini tobacco shop" at the super market and got some Prince Albert. Hope i wasn't being too rash.

No longer a community member.

Feeling unimaginative...Captain Black (white pouch) in a no name briar.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Unimaginative...but relaxed. Relaxed is Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    Feeling unimaginative...Captain Black (white pouch) in a no name briar.
    Last edited by bluesman.54; 06-02-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4Cigars View Post
    Busting out the pipe for the first time in a long time.
    Couldn't wait till Monday for the proper tobacco shop to open. So I hit the little "mini tobacco shop" at the super market and got some Prince Albert. Hope i wasn't being too rash.
    I had some luscious Prince Albert myself this afternoon. I'd forgotten how nutty and chocolaty it smells. Topped off with a little Five Brothers to get the sparks flying without a relight.

Doug, I assume you got the pouch of PA, rather than a 14 oz. canister. I only did that once - the canister is the way to go (less or no propylene glycol). But the real question is: how was it?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I had some luscious Prince Albert myself this afternoon. I'd forgotten how nutty and chocolaty it smells. Topped off with a little Five Brothers to get the sparks flying without a relight.

Doug, I assume you got the pouch of PA, rather than a 14 oz. canister. I only did that once - the canister is the way to go (less or no propylene glycol). But the real question is: how was it?
    It was nice! Very relaxing.
    Tasted like my grandpa's pipes used to smell.

Being a cigar guy it was quite mild.
    But the mellow cool smoke was a nice change.
    I probably smoked it too fast tough.

Looking forward to broadening my horizons a bit.

PA can only be gotten here in the 14oz can. For $30 + tax. Not a terrible price. Might get it eventually.

As for tonight, 1-Q in a MM general while hand engraving a brass zippo with a pocket knife.
    Last edited by Tulpa; 06-03-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4Cigars View Post
    So I hit the little "mini tobacco shop" at the super market and got some Prince Albert. Hope i wasn't being too rash.
    Depends. Did you get a pouch or a tub?
    ********.com

Doug, I assume you got the pouch of PA, rather than a 14 oz. canister. I only did that once - the canister is the way to go (less or no propylene glycol).
    I had no idea that this was even a thing. Appreciate you guys imparting the institutional knowledge

the pouch was the only option.
    It's all the "mini" shop had, and the real shops were closed on Sunday.

Then you weren't rash.
    ********.com

Young Puffer Fish

LOL, I keep a pouch of PA going all the time. Not something I would rave about but I do like it and have several bowls a week.

No longer a community member.

Samuel Gawith Navy Flake in a Charatan's Make

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I'm going to call this bowl " Danr's Mix" I originally started with a full bowl of Dan Hamborger Veermaster from dan's samples. As I was transferring his samples to the new mason jars I picked up I would fill the jar over a paper plate. I smoked the bowl down to about half and when I was done with the task I had a mixture on the plate. Dumped the rest in on top of the Veermaster, lit it up and to my surprise I had a nice smoke going, nice and sweet, mellow smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewV View Post
    I'm going to call this bowl " Danr's Mix" I originally started with a full bowl of Dan Hamborger Veermaster from dan's samples. As I was transferring his samples to the new mason jars I picked up I would fill the jar over a paper plate. I smoked the bowl down to about half and when I was done with the task I had a mixture on the plate. Dumped the rest in on top of the Veermaster, lit it up and to my surprise I had a nice smoke going, nice and sweet, mellow smoke!
    I do this all the time. I call it the Paper Plate Potpourri and it smokes amazingly well almost all the time, but ever changing.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I do this all the time. I call it the Paper Plate Potpourri and it smokes amazingly well almost all the time, but ever changing.
    Gawith Hoggarth add an aromatic topping and call it Pensioner's Mixture. It used to be an inexpensive option, but Tobacco Duty means that the difference would be negligible and it is is sold at a standard price (at least in the UK).
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp