Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 935 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 435 835 885 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 985 1035 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,025 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Germain's Rich Dark Flake in an S-M Barling's Make Lovat. Setting up Louisiana Flake in my ancient Barling (as usual) ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Germain's Rich Dark Flake in an S-M Barling's Make Lovat.

Setting up Louisiana Flake in my ancient Barling (as usual) for the end of the day.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Rattray HOTW tonight in my Butz Super Jr. Calabash. It's smoking perfectly and it appears the Mosquitos like it as well.
    Attractive, unusual pipes. I like them. Butz Choquin are a manufacturer that seems to get little press on the forum. I've got a couple of their Origine pipes (and a bent Auto-Sport, come to think of it) - wouldn't mind adding one of those Calabashes...

Can't fault the choice of tobacco either; there is a tin here awaiting the right moment (and a vacancy in a jar. I'm starting a push to not have stupid amounts of tobacco open. I'll probably fail.)
    Last edited by steinr1; 06-09-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Attractive, unusual pipes. I like them. Butz Choquin are a manufacturer that seems to get little press on the forum. I've got a couple of their Origine pipes (and a bent Auto-Sport, come to think of it) - wouldn't mind adding one of those Calabashes...
    Robert, you probably won't believe me when I tell you that I practically stole this pipe off eBay for just over $40 shipped. I did have to do some clean up, but not much. She's one of my favorites...

What I have been smoking lately:

Escudo, Stoney, Sweet Vanilla Honeydew, FVF and Prince Albert.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

No longer a community member.

Velvet in a Brewster. Livin' the high life

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Will most likely retire tonight after a bowl of Irish Flake in my '48 Peterson Killarney Apple. Somehow, Peterson's in a Peterson just hits the spot.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

HOTW in a Cavicchi rusticated hawkbill.
    ********.com

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish smokinmojo's Avatar

Walnut Flake in a Peterson bulldog.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinmojo View Post
    Walnut Flake in a Peterson bulldog.
    Funny finding this as I "entered the lounge!" Don't know if I'm smoking the same, as I don't know anything about it, but today I had my first bowls of John Middleton Walnut in months (thanks, Jim!).

Smoking C&D SOTE in an old Royal Sovreign, for the past two days. I did not like this when I first got it, and had regretted buying a pound. After sitting a few months, my opinion has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Will most likely retire tonight after a bowl of Irish Flake in my '48 Peterson Killarney Apple. Somehow, Peterson's in a Peterson just hits the spot.
    I agree! I thought I had this, but as I was finally able to start putting away the March TAD, I found it is Irish Oak. I have no idea what I meant to buy - I thought it was Flake.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Enjoying my first bowl of Ennerdale Flake. Since Terry had told me this would definitely ghost a pipe -- I waited until I received an estate meerschaum I recently purchased. This is a fantastic tobacco beyond my wildest expectations. Full flavored -- no bite -- with just a hint of sweetness. This is a FANTASTIC smoke. If you haven't tried it -- I cannot encourage you strongly enough to try it. Thank you Terry for sharing this!

It is hard to pick a favorite from the sample Terry sent me. Each is so different, unique and enjoyable in it's own way. While I still love my cigars -- as they are a completely different fantastic smoking experience -- I have once again fallen in love with my pipes. Life is Good!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Samuel Gawith St James Flake in my no name bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Funny finding this as I "entered the lounge!" Don't know if I'm smoking the same, as I don't know anything about it, but today I had my first bowls of John Middleton Walnut in months (thanks, Jim!).
    I haven't tried the Walnut Flake, but from what I understand it is a completely different tobacco from Middleton's Walnut. Walnut Flake is one of the imperial tobaccos available only overseas at the time being. Robert can probably comment on the flavor profile, but I "think" it's a Virginia based blend, whereas Middleton's is mostly Burley (again, I think).

I'm having a bowl of epiphany in my Darth Rader Cutty.

I haven't tried the Walnut Flake, but from what I understand it is a completely different tobacco from Middleton's Walnut. Walnut Flake is one of the imperial tobaccos available only overseas at the time being. Robert can probably comment on the flavor profile, but I "think" it's a Virginia based blend, whereas Middleton's is mostly Burley (again, I think).

I'm having a bowl of epiphany in my Darth Rader Cutty.
    Adding to my own post, it appears Robert did a nice review of the Walnut Flake for those interested: Ogden's Walnut Flake

Adding to my own post, it appears Robert did a nice review of the Walnut Flake for those interested: Ogden's Walnut Flake
    That it was - thank you! Figured it was different, but as I said I don't know anything about the Walnut Jim gave me; found the coincidence funny that I should see "Walnut" as I go to post and having had it only hours before.

Now, if you and Mark could just shut up already about HOTW! I successfully refrained from popping a tin (my first) when I received my March TAD, but am obsessing about it now after finally being able to cellar it. I have about a dozen opened tins that are likely history, as I've been smoking mostly bulk OJK and LBF (only flake I could manage to rub), and 150g FMOTT and a tin of MM965 for variety.
    Been enjoying FMOTT in a MM 5th Ave all evening.

Tonight I'm smoking...um...I'm smoking.
    ********.com