Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 938 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 438 838 888 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 988 1038 ... LastLast
Results 14,056 to 14,070 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; That's odd...I got one earlier today....

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

That's odd...I got one earlier today.
    ********.com

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Yes it is odd -- I haven't gotten any emails in two days. I miss them...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    That's odd...I got one earlier today.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Guts?
    Oh, sorry Robert - I'm originally from Texas.

That's "mortise & tenon" or "plastic tenon-mortise connector" to the average Joe. I was referencing this:

". . . The old "plumbing" is removed from the shank and replaced with a new sleeve that is bored to align the different draft angles between stem and shank. The stem is Blueprinted and fitted with the appropriate tenon. The result is a world class smoke that will accept a pipe cleaner without disassambly."

EDIT: Here's a story of the process: https://rebornpipes.wordpress.com/20...ed-meerschaum/

If I'm getting a new stem on this meer, what might look best?

Should I have it banded? Should I go basis black? Dark brown? What color would be most fitting, considering the pipe will color more in the future? Decisions, decisions...
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 06-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Ah. Got it.

SG Black XX for me tonight. In the smallest pipe I own. I am worthless and weak.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    SG Black XX for me tonight. In the smallest pipe I own. I am worthless and weak.
    You're strictly aces with us though, Robert. Personal worth and strength of constitution have little to do with smoking a pipe, so it's encouraging to see you making an effort. Not quite as brave, but equally worthless, I'm going to water down this Happy Bogie with some KK.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I hate the night shift at the hotel.

I must say that a beer and a bowl of Billy Budd sitting on the deck overlooking the river makes it bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post

That's "mortise & tenon" or "plastic tenon-mortise connector" to the average Joe. I was referencing this:

". . . The old "plumbing" is removed from the shank and replaced with a new sleeve that is bored to align the different draft angles between stem and shank. The stem is Blueprinted and fitted with the appropriate tenon. The result is a world class smoke that will accept a pipe cleaner without disassambly."

EDIT: Here's a story of the process: https://rebornpipes.wordpress.com/20...ed-meerschaum/

Should I have it banded? Should I go basis black? Dark brown? What color would be most fitting, considering the pipe will color more in the future? Decisions, decisions...
    May I suggest Tortoise Shell? I guess, in this day and age, it would have to be faux tortoise shell.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Enjoying a bowl of Ennerdale Flake in a Hardcastle Select # 567. Great smoke. Still not receiving any Puff emails though. Are you getting any Terry? Wonder what is going on.

Funny, I didn't get any for the past week, but they resumed yesterday. On my first bowl of FMOTT for the month, and the night.

I wonder why this is happening to so many of us. I feel lonely without my Puff emails -- especially the pipe ones. But at least I still have my pipes and plenty of fine tobacco! And plenty of fine cigars too. Though pipes seem to be dominating at this point! Life is Good!

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Funny, I didn't get any for the past week, but they resumed yesterday. On my first bowl of FMOTT for the month, and the night.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post

Band in a brass color with a black band. It will bring out the color of the bowl as it continues its journey.

Some EMP in the Bjarne is fitting the bill. Again.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

That's a great looking meer, PG. Is that the one you re-waxed a few times? I think so. Kept your how-to in my files.

Sipping some Dunbar in an old Charatan.

Oooo, Dan and Mark have been such busy beavers this month! Notice you both were ranked in the Top 10 of Most Puffing and TAD Suffering on TabaccoCellar. Spent the day updating my cellar, but still have some more to go.

Terry, I would add the band to your Meer. See the line midway between the end of the shank and your thumb? Looks like it is just begging for a band. Tortoushell stem and brass band were mentioned would might look nice.

Having a bowl of FMOTT in a great smoking estate Vauen lovat. Had a bowl in a 3/4 bent Thoroughbred, which I love, but YUCK! I preferred Vulcanite stems to start, but have found that they impart a bitter taste as they oxidize. I am just unable to perform adequate maintenence to prevent it, and suspect the inside of the stems need polishing.

Tobacco Cellar TTecheTTe's summary pipe tobacco aging cellar

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    . . . Are you getting any Terry?
    No. I'm married.

(sorry, couldn't help it...)
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Terry, I would add the band to your Meer. See the line midway between the end of the shank and your thumb? Looks like it is just begging for a band. Tortoushell stem and brass band were mentioned would might look nice.
    Agreed - a few very workable suggestions, so thanks all.

I believe I can only request the stem be banded, not the shank. Perhaps a dark brown, or tortoise shell, stem with a brass inlay serving as a band? We'll see what ol' Ronni can whip up.