Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 939 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 439 839 889 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 989 1039 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,085 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; A soothing 55F right now on the front porch. How my wife has it 78F inside is beyond me. Night ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

A soothing 55F right now on the front porch. How my wife has it 78F inside is beyond me. Night capping some 1792 Flake in the meer. Outside.

As a wise friend once remarked: Glorious.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    A soothing 55F right now on the front porch. How my wife has it 78F inside is beyond me. Night capping some 1792 Flake in the meer. Outside.

As a wise friend once remarked: Glorious.
    Glorious 1792 - okay, I'll join you. Very warm and very muggy outside. Thermostat shows my temperture at 60 degrees - ahhh.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Had a bowl of Rattray's Professional Mixture in my Don Carlos rusticated

Maturing Puffer Fish

Had a bowl of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Balkan Mixture in my Don Carlos rusticated

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    ...suspect the inside of the stems need polishing.
    Remove stem. Scrub inside with T-Cut Automotive cutting compound on pipe cleaner. Wash with detergent and warm water. Polish with a dry rag previously used for T-Cut. Job done.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Remove stem. Scrub inside with T-Cut Automotive cutting compound on pipe cleaner. Wash with detergent and warm water. Polish with a dry rag previously used for T-Cut. Job done.
    Thanks! Can't wait to be able to get out and get some...have been thinking about trying Crest (regular), with a bristle cleaner, since I have it onhand and didn't know what to do.

It's been a 1792 day, and will have to open a 250g box this w/e if I'm to continue. However, with over a dozen open containers I'm loath to open another. What to do...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Cobbing my first bowl of KK. Very nice mellow smoke. Of course I have been on an Ennerdale kick the last couple of days -- so maybe that is why it tastes so mild. Either way -- I really like it -- shag cut and all.

And Mari -- open the tin. That's why you bought it! Enjoy

Doing the PA mixed with the ends of my EMP match. Simply delightful. I remember my first bowl of PA, it was delightful. My second bowl, I had made the bonehead mistake of storing it with a lat heavy blend, and it was atrocious. After that "ode to PA" I gave it another shot and it was great! This business of mixing it with the tail ends of another blend is just sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Cobbing my first bowl of KK. Very nice mellow smoke. Of course I have been on an Ennerdale kick the last couple of days -- so maybe that is why it tastes so mild. Either way -- I really like it -- shag cut and all.

And Mari -- open the tin. That's why you bought it! Enjoy
    Oh, there are so many I do want to pop! But with 15 already open and drying out, the pleasure will be short lived.

Jim, guess I did coin a new word as there is a whole lot of "cobbing" going around. Not my intent, as it was just shorthand as my fingers wouldn't work!

This evening I've been cobbing C&D Founding Fathers from Terry. Wished I smoked the sample before my last TAD, as the one tin I bought is wholly inadequate.

working on a bowl of LNF in my straight billard Sav Mr. "G" yummy

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    This evening I've been cobbing C&D Founding Fathers from Terry. Wished I smoked the sample before my last TAD, as the one tin I bought is wholly inadequate.
    Must be some other Terry (impersonating me, no doubt) as I've never heard of the stuff - seems to mild for my tastes.

But, for you Mari -

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Must be some other Terry (impersonating me, no doubt) as I've never heard of the stuff - seems to mild for my tastes.
    Oops, apologies to you and Ron; that was from @RJpuffs

Enjoying some PS Lux Twist Flake from Jeff @splattttttt in a Vauen.

Hoverounds On The Wildside.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Hopping On Tuesday Weld.
    This (your adolescent dream) is my fave, Mark!

Squadron Leader!

SG Black XX in its customary tiny pipe. Only about a gram and a half over half an hour had me absolutely reeling. The pipe needs reaming to restore its volume, but I'm scared...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp