Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 943 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 443 843 893 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 993 1043 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Cobbing BLB, paired with rootbeer in an iced mug. Terry suggested rootbeer with Maduros, but I just can't get sodas ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Cobbing BLB, paired with rootbeer in an iced mug. Terry suggested rootbeer with Maduros, but I just can't get sodas with a smoke. However, I am liking the rootbeer with The Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Tonight, something made me reach in the back of the tobacco cabinet for some GL Pease Laurel Heights. The description on the glpease website says, "with notes of citrus and roasted oats." Well, I don't get citrus at all, but certainly understand the roasted oat comment. It's got just a touch of natural sweetness to it as well. Not thrilling enough to be much more than an occasional smoke for me, but enjoyable nonetheless. I think if I could pick up some of that citrus he mentions in his write-up, it'd be a better blend...
    You may remember that I was big on Laurel Heights at one point. I had a tin from 2006 that I opened last month, and apparently it was a youthful indiscretion rather than true love. Ghastly stuff. And only eight more tins to get through: the aspect of building a cellar that they don't tell you about!

I'm just smoking an Arturo Fuente Exquisito maduro right now; it's laundry night, so nothing too demanding...
    ********.com

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Torque View Post
    McConnell Orientals in a square shank BB&S
    How do you like it? Had it for the first time today while I was at work, thought it was pretty good.

Royal Yacht, Sav Auto
    Last edited by AndrewV; 06-19-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewV View Post
    How do you like it? Had it for the first time today while I was at work, thought it was pretty good.

Royal Yacht, Sav Auto
    I do like it and plan to try some more of the McConnell blends. It probably won't make my regular rotation but I plan to grab a couple of tins for an occasional smoke. Very high quality tobacco, smooth and mellow to my tastes. It didn't absolutely "WOW" my taste buds but I found it to be a pleasant and relaxing type of blend. Definitely see more of it in my future, just probably won't be a heavy cellar stocker though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    BB#2 is a terrific, mostly unscented, flake tobacco with a mild degree of Lakeland flavor.
    The Lakeland choice for those who protest they don't like Lakelands.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Maturing Puffer Fish

Peter Heinrichs Dark Strong Flake in my Erik Nording Group 4 Freehand

after last night fasco with the AK. I wasn't in the mood to play around tonight. puffing on some 3 year old FVF in my no named bent Dublin. Yummy sweet notes of grassish/hayish notes. mmmmm good

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Peterson Irish Flake in a meer. Very nice smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    ... puffing on some 3 year old FVF in my no named bent Dublin.. mmmmm good
    Sigh, one day. Got my first 24oz (except for a few tins) just in time as they were sold out when I went back for more less than 24hrs later.

Enjoying some sweet PS Lux Twist Flake since the start of Game 4 OT. Switched my pipe over from the Bow-legged Bear I had been smoking most of the day, to a nice sweet baccy to savor the Hawks sweet win over the Bruins.

To savor the sweet win over the Bruins tonight, while on waiting for

PA mixed with the last little bit of my Da Vinci. The tobacco rated #1 for room note by my sweet wife. Guess I will be ordering more of that! The great thing about this blend is it is almost reminiscent of london blends, without the Lat. So an easy smoker for me!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

1792 in my Celtic Volcano. A great pipe from the 70's. I am growing quite fond of this tobacco. There is just something about it that you cannot help but to savor.

smoking a bowl of C&D Haunted Bookshop, that been aged a year. When I opened the jar I got hit with the sour notes of perique. TBH it smelled of horse manure.
    hits of bitter chocolate, mixxed with the sour notes of perique.
    The smoke is great that spooky taste you get on Holloween, notes of grass mixxed with perique, and bitter chocolate. One of the few Burley/red virginia/perique blends that I smoke. Since I mostly smoke virginias and Va/pers
    smoked in my little reader pipe

Some ODF in my Stanwell silver band.

Nice stuff. Better every time I have it.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Today's neat little antiquing find.

That's cool Kyle. Too bad it wasn't sealed and full!

Well, I've been really craving some Tilbury lately. Don't know where the craving came from, but I started looking around to buy some. It's as hard to find as Stoney, apparently. No one has any around, and I've been looking for a few weeks now.

Fast forward to today, and I was cleaning up my tobaccocellar, fixing all the mistakes, shifting the "cellared" stuff to "open", marking the empty tins as "finished", etc, when I noticed that it says that I have 6oz of Tilbury cellared up in a Mason Jar. I started digging, and sure enough it's there. It's from early 2012, so not too old, but it's every bit as good as I remember. It's a good day when you find tobacco that you didn't even remember you had!