Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 944 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 444 844 894 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 994 1044 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; As I sit here on porch listening to the crickets and frogs the golden super moon is just barely cresting ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

As I sit here on porch listening to the crickets and frogs the golden super moon is just barely cresting the tree line. There is a freight train off in the distance and I find myself wanting to be more poetic than I'm capable of. Truly a beautiful night here in Georgia.

I've got a half bowl of Mcllelands Honedew smoldering in my Savinelli 616 Fuoco. This is my first go with this pipe and it smokes like a dream.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Enjoying some Esoterica - Tilbury thanks to @RJpuffs

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Gonna take Bluesman's example and light up some 1792 in the cob tonight.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Enjoying some KK in a favorite Caminetto. The Blackhawks win! Life is Good!

polished off a bowl of LNF in my comey straight billard. The bowl is huge, but she took the flake with no effort, and she smoked like a dream. Nothing left but a nice pile of ash, and a bit of dottle

This evening I had a bowl of SG FVF in my Andor Freehand followed by a bowl of SG Skiff Mixture in my Sherlock Holmes #1 . This afternoon I had refilled my small baggie with 5 beautiful long flakes of SG FVF and while I was having my afternoon coffee with cigar I placed my flakes in a deep bowl to dry out in the sun. I usually watch over my flakes to make sure that they dry out properly for my smokes. While sitting there enjoying my coffee a bird popped over to my bowl and before I knew what was happening it snatched up one of my beautiful long flakes and flew off. I yelled at the bird telling it to bring back my tobacco, but it just kept on flying over the trees. I immediately snatched up my four remaining flakes and stuffed them back in my baggie; I realized that in the future I will have to put a screen over my tobacco. I was sitting there unhappy puffing on my cigar when the dang bird came back to get some more of my FVF; thankfully the bowl was empty. I enjoyed my smokes this evening and topped them off with an ice cold mug of "Becks" brew and I had an unusual day but a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    As I sit here on porch listening to the crickets and frogs the golden super moon is just barely cresting the tree line. There is a freight train off in the distance and I find myself wanting to be more poetic than I'm capable of. Truly a beautiful night here in Georgia.
    Glorious.

However...

When I kept reptiles and spiders, I would suffer an occasional escape of the bug eaters' next meal. (Rodent eaters and dead rodent eaters in particular are SOOOO much easier.) I had a persistent chirper that I couldn't locate well enough to deal with. My family were visiting when I finally found and murdered it. They were quite taken aback. "We were listening to that and enjoying it." Can't please everyone.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    While sitting there enjoying my coffee a bird popped over to my bowl and before I knew what was happening it snatched up one of my beautiful long flakes and flew off. I yelled at the bird telling it to bring back my tobacco, but it just kept on flying over the trees. I immediately snatched up my four remaining flakes and stuffed them back in my baggie; I realized that in the future I will have to put a screen over my tobacco. I was sitting there unhappy puffing on my cigar when the dang bird came back to get some more of my FVF; thankfully the bowl was empty.
    Moe, that must've been quite an event to witness. I've never heard of anything like that!

I will say this, at least the little fella had good tastes. Although, he was being a bit greedy. After all, when you consider his small size, I bet he could make that one flake last for several hundred smokes. Not sure why he came back for more?

puffing on some year old Bulleye in my amphora bent Bulldog. Yummy

Finally got to a bowl of Ennerdale Flake in my churchwarden meer. Life is definitely Good!

Anni Kake in my cobwarden.

Yum
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Germain's Royal Jersey Perique from a fresh short clay. Accompanied by a bottle of '98 Reserve de la Comtesse, second wine of Pichon Longueville Lalande. Pretty much at its peak and absolutely fantastic!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

puffing on some 2 year old LTF in my Peterson Irish Army pipe. Good stuff

I'll probably be joining you later. With my own pipe, though. ;-)

Ennerdale Flake in my Thompson meer. Go Blackhawks!