Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 945 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 445 845 895 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 995 1045 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Enjoying a big bowl of C&D bow legged bear tonight, thanks to Mari for the generous sample. I get sweetness ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Enjoying a big bowl of C&D bow legged bear tonight, thanks to Mari for the generous sample. I get sweetness and nuttiness from the base tobaccos, along with a touch of Latakia to add depth. It is a very light touch of Latakia, which is nice (I'm of that camp that thinks Latakia tastes better when it's cool out - and San Antonio in June is not cool). This blend reminds me a little of C&D Epiphany, but this one is a tad less sweet and packs a little more vitamin N strength. For my tastes I think epiphany edges this one out just slightly, but I do like the added oomph!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

More Ennerdale Flake but this time in a Hardcastle. I have become a big fan of this tobacco!

Orlik GSR in a Peterson Zippo pipe. I cant decide if I like the pipe enough to keep it or not but the tobacco was fantastic as always. I've been smoking this Pete for about a week and a half with a days rest in between. One day its, yup she is a keeper and the next its nope, smokes too hot or gurgles a smidge. Blasted thing is taunting me.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Enjoying a big bowl of C&D bow legged bear tonight... I think epiphany edges this one out just slightly, but I do like the added oomph!
    Yes, I do like my oomph!! With narcolepsy, I need it!

PS LBF in my new Country Gentleman (no wonder everyone loves these) with a Dark Rose Forever Stem.

a half and half mixture of bulleye and LNF leftovers that I let sit for a day, not bad. Smoked in my no named bent Dublin

FVF in my Kaywoodie Super Grain bulldog.
    ********.com

A lot of Germain's Royal Jersey Perique today; about half the tin gone in a couple of days. Smokes differently in the clay I am using compared to a brair; much more like a cigarette - a Turkish cigarette. Quite nice for a change.

Ending the evening with the last of a tin of Dunhill Standard Mixture. The last bit was quite broken up so it packed tighter than usual and smoked very slow - lovely. The meerschaum I used is finally to start taking on more colour after 30 odd years of occasional use.

I can also now justify opening another tin of an "English" mixture tomorrow. Tree Mixture, I think...
    Last edited by steinr1; 06-26-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

After 6 days visiting family in Texas, where we hit 99F yesterday, I am glad (sort of) to be home this evening where it's a more reasonable 66F. Always a little depressing to leave family, but a big bowl of Royal Yacht in the familiar meer is helping.

Can't get that lovely Texas beef brisket off my mind - and afraid to step on the scale.

Did I miss anything, puffwise?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Tree Mixture, I think...
    Somehow I knew one of those tins was not long for this earth.

I'm smoking FVF tonight in my Castello, and it tastes fantastic. I had a couple of bowls in my Kaywoodie and it stunk; I guess the ghost lives on. I can't taste it on it's own anymore, but it still fouls up whatever I smoke.

(I bought the pipe used on eBay; I'm almost certain the tobacco that was smoked in it for all of two bowls-at the most- was Mixture No. 79.)
    ********.com

Boswell's Raspberry Cream in my beat up old Dr. Grabow. I do feel self conscious about posting this...

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    Boswell's Raspberry Cream in my beat up old Dr. Grabow. I do feel self conscious about posting this...
    John I'm gonna beat you upside the head with a 2x4 if your gonna smoke some of the samples I sent you in a Grabow that has the ghosting of all things.....raspberries

Ha! Never fear sir. I have a whole collection of pipes dedicated to just virginias. No ghosting shall occur.

Btw, I already had the stonehaven. I was too blissed out to post about it here, it was amazing! It was only the second time I used the fold and stuff method for flakes - and it burned wonderfully. I'm going to have to revisit that method because it is a heck of a lot easier than rubbing it all out.

Young Puffer Fish

A little Frog on the Bayou in a Missouri Pride (giving my new legend a rest tonight).

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I was tempted to have more of Jim's "mystery brown flake", but I'm opting for some PA in a cob.

It's a wonderful smoke as the temp drops, and the sun goes below the horizon.

I love time on the porch with the hound-dog and a good smoke.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

I am also sitting on the porch with my dog. But the sun is down and it is cooling off beautifully! Smoking some 1792 Flake in a Caminetto that recently passed the PA test. Listening to frogs and looking at the stars and lightening bugs. It is absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    I was tempted to have more of Jim's "mystery brown flake", but I'm opting for some PA in a cob.

It's a wonderful smoke as the temp drops, and the sun goes below the horizon.

I love time on the porch with the hound-dog and a good smoke.