Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 948 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 998 1048 ... LastLast
Results 14,206 to 14,220 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Taste of Summer. I think I have some LNF to try from Troy! But I also have to ask, what ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Taste of Summer. I think I have some LNF to try from Troy! But I also have to ask, what is the PA test??

the PA test is when he takes a new pipe and smokes a bowl of prince albert to test the draw, if it gorgles ete

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

I enjoy aromatics, so I really like the taste of summer, especially on (sounds cliche) summer days. It has a good amount of peach aroma, but not a gross overly sweet taste, a little bit creamy, and the room smells like someone is baking a peach cobbler. My first can from Ccom had an entire layer of tobacco stuck/crusted to the bottom of the tin, so I don't know what happened there or if it affected the flavor. I just bought a new tin today and it seems fresher and more lively.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

What he said. It was shared with me by FreeStoke aka Jim. If I run across it again, I'll send it to you. Freestoke is wise beyond his years -- and I listen to him!

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    the PA test is when he takes a new pipe and smokes a bowl of prince albert to test the draw, if it gorgles ete

Here you go:

The PA wisdom was passed on to me by Freestoke aka Jim:

Originally Posted by freestoke

"PA is like a pipe test kit: You smoke PA in it to determine if anything is amiss. If it doesn't burn right, something is amiss. If the pipe tastes funky or it gets juicy, something is amiss. A pipe that fails to smoke PA perfectly is defective, by definition. You don't actually have to like PA to use it effectively, but it's a happy coincidence that I do like it. And once a pipe has passed the PA test, I reload with PA plus some Happy Bogie or something stout to exercise its full powers."

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    Taste of Summer. I think I have some LNF to try from Troy! But I also have to ask, what is the PA test??

Fantastic! thank you!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Jim has certainly helped many of us, myself included. With our eternal thanks. Wise beyond his years, though? I dunno.

He's pretty freaking old
    Last edited by teedles915; 07-03-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: at request of poster
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Oops. Pardon my French.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Freestoke is wise beyond his years -- and I listen to him!
    Bloody hell!

Perhaps, like Confucius, he was born at the age of 80...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Enjoying a bowl of Ennerdale Flake in my Thompson meer. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Oops. Pardon my French.
    Il est vraiment vieux.

Alors - moi aussi!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Started with Boswell's Best Burley in a cob whilst sitting in the pool. Probably not the most refined location, but the best way I know how to get through these 108 F degree afternoons after work!

This blend in my mind was inferior to Burley Kake. However, my kake is all gone. In its absence, Boswell has turned into a great backup!

Cleared my study this evening, prepping to put down maple floors tomorrow. Quite the workout. I did so knowing that this bowl of Royal Yacht would be THIS GOOD afterwards. Out back in the brilliant 60F coolness, with a 10 Barrel Apocalypse IPA to go with.

In a Country Gent, to boot. Happy 4th!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Yeah, might be a bit sore. Still remember the last room I did... not the most pleasant few days after.

Enjoying some Tambo in an old Custom-bilt after a Rocky Patel gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    Yeah, might be a bit sore. Still remember the last room I did... not the most pleasant few days after.

Enjoying some Tambo in an old Custom-bilt after a Rocky Patel gar.

Wow, I have that Custom-bilt's twin brother. The only difference is that mine has no rustication above the grooves near the top of the bowl. I have not smoked it in years.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.