Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 949 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 449 849 899 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 999 1049 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,235 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Nachman Wow, I have that Custom-bilt's twin brother. The only difference is that mine has no rustication ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Wow, I have that Custom-bilt's twin brother. The only difference is that mine has no rustication above the grooves near the top of the bowl. I have not smoked it in years.
    What are the odds?... yeah, my old Cb's get lost in the shuffle quite a bit too, but I love this stubby little (actually quite large) guy. He hangs just right and at 70+ years-old it adds a certain something to my smoke that day. Need to scrub the vulcanite stem a bit though. Damn vulcanite.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

PA testing a Tim West. Does anyone have any advice on breaking in a brand new pipe -- other than just smoking it?

There's a lot of theories of this and that with breaking in a new pipe, but they all seem to boil down to 'smoke it until you get to the bottom of the bowl'.

GLP Caravan in my Altinok meer. I tell you, at twelve years, this stuff is gold.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    PA testing a Tim West. Does anyone have any advice on breaking in a brand new pipe -- other than just smoking it?
    You just missed Pipe-breaking-in Day!

On Midsummer's Day, sacrifice an unblemished white ram to the Pipe Deities at your local Pagan Altar. (This is best done in the company of a young Virgin Priestess, but that's just for your own fun.) As the blood and life drain from the beast, collect a few drops of the life essence and smear on any pipes to be brought into use. At your usual significant Barrow or other Ancient Druidic Monument, process the anointed implements thrice widershins, thrice rub-a-dub. Sacred vows may be chanted according to local custom. Please consult a registered Shaman or Druid. Details can be found in Yellow Pages.

Then smoke the hell out of the pipes.
    Last edited by steinr1; 07-05-2013 at 04:23 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post

On Midsummer's Day, sacrifice an unblemished white ram to the Pipe Deities at your local Pagan Altar. (This is best done in the company of a young Virgin Priestess, but that's just for your own fun.) As the blood and life drain from the beast, collect a few drops of the life essence and smear on any pipes to be brought into use. At your usual significant Barrow or other Ancient Druidic Monument, process the anointed implements thrice widershins, thrice rub-a-dub. Sacred vows may be chanted according to local custom. Please consult a registered Shaman or Druid. Details can be found in Yellow Pages.

I liked that one.

Thank you Mark. I apprecite your help.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    There's a lot of theories of this and that with breaking in a new pipe, but they all seem to boil down to 'smoke it until you get to the bottom of the bowl'.

GLP Caravan in my Altinok meer. I tell you, at twelve years, this stuff is gold.

Thank you for this most excellent advice Sir. I am wondering if you are as wise as FreeStoke aka Jim and if the results of your methodism will match up to his. I suppose the only way to find out is to journey down the path you have laid out before me. Such is as it must be to discover the truth.

Who knew such simple things could lead to such great pleasure? I shall follow your sage advice to a "Tee". I seem to have almost all the necessary ingredients in abundance for the ritual you have so generously shared. New unsmoken pipe -- check. Unblemished white ram -- check. Altar -- check. Ready to process thrice widershins, thrice rub-a-dub -- check. Sacred vows according to local custom -- I've got tons of them -- check. Now -- where to find the young Virgin Priestess? I don't seem to have one of those handy at the moment. This could be the sticky wicket of the journey Robert is sending me upon. Thus, it appears as if if I must embark upn a quest for the one missing ingredient to your ritual Sir. Otherwise the test will not be true and therefore evaluation of your method impossible. I shall keep you abreast of the events as they unfold.

You really are too kind....

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post

I closed out the night with a Legend full of PA. It just didn't taste very good tonight. I think I have been smoking too much Sronehaven and the PA suffered by comparison.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Enjoying a bowl of LNF in my Kirk Bosi. Beautiful evening, cooling off nicely, summer is here. Life is Good!

Kicking off the evening with a mindless bowl of CB white in my falcon while I wait for another batch of bottles to get clean.

you a home brewer John, if you are I wouldn't mind trying a bottle or 2 of your home made hooch

I am! My IPA just won first place at the CA state fair. Unfortunately it is all gone. Most of what I have right now is 22 oz bottles which is harder to ship I imagine. I also have a strong cider (12% abv) if that sounds interesting. I'll see what I can rustle up. I've never shipped it before, lol!

PA Testing an old Stanwell. So far -- so good. Steady as she goes mate!

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    I am! My IPA just won first place at the CA state fair!
    Congratulations John! Winning first place for an IPA in that competition in the state that invented American IPA, well, that's a mighty fine task!!! I hope you saved that recipe...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

All this talk of IPAs. Enjoying a Ninkasi Total Domination, with a bowl of Royal Yacht topped with Tambo. Followed by a Padilla Dominus. Nice evening out.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?