Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 952 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 452 852 902 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 1002 1052 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Having a bowl of Three Nuns in a family era Four Dot. About halfway through the tin, I am coming ...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Having a bowl of Three Nuns in a family era Four Dot. About halfway through the tin, I am coming to the conclusion that Three Nuns is a good tobacco. But there are many more that I enjoy more. It isn't that it is bad or has a bite or anything like that -- there are just serveral tobaccos I enjoy more. Looks like the remaining tins are headed for the deep cellar to be tried again in a year or so. Once this tin is gone I will wait to revisit Three Nuns for some time.

Back to my beloved Ennerdale Flake in a no name meer churchwarden. Just a beautiful night as it cools off nicely with a light north breeze. And seemingly -- no humidity. For Iowa this time of year -- this is a gem. Life is Good!

Escudo in my Stanwell. Love the stuff.

After a lengthy interlude with LA Red, the VAs of Escudo seem less sweet.

Only got up to 90 degrees today - positively balmy after the last few days!

Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Young Puffer Fish

Having a bowl of the Bow Legged Bear in a MM hardwood. Pretty good stuff Mari

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

Some Mixture 79, thanks to a sampler from @mikebjrtx !

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Some butternut burley in a mm Washington cob. : pp

1792 in a Chacom "Gold" #266 Dublin Shape Cumberland Stem. Great tobacco. I love this stuff. I would mention the beautiful weather here this evening...but Mari has banned any such weather reports.

Well, I popped my tin of Exhausted Rooster tonight, and you know what, I do smell blueberries in the tin. I think it must be the mix of perique with that dark fired burley. The description says it's just a "dash" of perique, but I think there is more in there than they are letting on. Once it's lit, the tobacco becomes a nice mix of sweet and spicy. I like it!

Moved on to a bowl of Bullseye Flake in a Wessex Mistral Bent Billiard Hand Made St Claude. This is another great Tobacco! Great night -- Life is Good!

Well, didn't mean to "bust anyone," but I'm glad I crowed! With @Torque and @DanR talkin' turkey, I released the Rooster!

Smoking in my new estate English clay, this is a very nice baccy that just gets better as it goes! Bur forward to start, it is just a plain ol' barnyard hen. Keep going, and cock-a-doodle-do! There is a continual interplay of light sweetness, just a hint of spiciness that stays in balance and a vague sense of fruitiness. My visual impression in comparison to OJK does in fact come through in the smoke, with this being a sweeter (not sweet), cooler and more complex version of CD Old Joe Kranz. The final third of the bowl does release bursts of blueberry!

A second bowl in a Ben Wade briar brings forward the flavors, a concern as others like FM were lost in it. I'm enjoying the sweetness, complexity and more of the spice surprises me as it comes through stronger in this. Getting down in the bowl, it gets fuller with the fruity sense coming in, but I've yrt to taste the blueberry as in the clay and doubt I will.

I haven't looked up the blend yet, and want to wait until I smoke a few bowls. Having once looked at it, the only thing I recall is the strengh, which is line with OJK and I like this for a change up with that for a great all day smoke. This will replace MacB VN1 in rotation, and that will stay cellared to age.

The tin note I find nicely sweet, with definite notes of licorice root and the cuts even look like a lighter variety of it (not anise, which flavors licorice candy; lic root is very different and unique).

Nice clay pipe. It seems to have a larger bowl than most I have seen. Enjoy the new tobacco. It is one of life's greatest pleasures!

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Well, didn't mean to "bust anyone," but I'm glad I crowed! With @Torque and @DanR talkin' turkey, I released the Rooster!

Smoking in my new estate English clay, this is a very nice baccy that just gets better as it goes! Bur forward to start, it is just a plain ol' barnyard hen. Keep going, and cock-a-doodle-do! There is a continual interplay of light sweetness, just a hint of spiciness that stays in balance and a vague sense of fruitiness. My visual impression in comparison to OJK does in fact come through in the smoke, with this being a sweeter (not sweet), cooler and more complex version of CD Old Joe Kranz. The final third of the bowl does release bursts of blueberry!

A second bowl in a Ben Wade briar brings forward the flavors, a concern as others like FM were lost in it. I'm enjoying the sweetness, complexity and more of the spice surprises me as it comes through stronger in this. Getting down in the bowl, it gets fuller with the fruity sense coming in, but I've yrt to taste the blueberry as in the clay and doubt I will.

I haven't looked up the blend yet, and want to wait until I smoke a few bowls. Having once looked at it, the only thing I recall is the strengh, which is line with OJK and I like this for a change up with that for a great all day smoke. This will replace MacB VN1 in rotation, and that will stay cellared to age.

The tin note I find nicely sweet, with definite notes of licorice root and the cuts even look like a lighter variety of it (not anise, which flavors licorice candy; lic root is very different and unique).

Peterson UF for me tonight in my bent Ehrlich. Just one flake and it burned for nearly 2 hours. Wow!

Very mild in flavor compared to other flakes I've had. I had the impression that Peterson tobaccos were more hard hitting, so I was expecting something different. That being said, the room note is really fantastic, and the spicy bite that I experience with other flakes is much more muted. A bit of a trade off I suppose. Glad I tried it! Thank you Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    Peterson UF for me tonight in my bent Ehrlich. Just one flake and it burned for nearly 2 hours. Wow!

Very mild in flavor compared to other flakes I've had. I had the impression that Peterson tobaccos were more hard hitting, so I was expecting something different. That being said, the room note is really fantastic, and the spicy bite that I experience with other flakes is much more muted. A bit of a trade off I suppose. Glad I tried it! Thank you Troy!
    Yep Peterson flakes are slow burners that for sure. UF is a virginia/burley blend, soo the burley probley kills any bite what soo ever. From what I've heard Irish flake is a all together different beast. a hard hitter if your looking for a nicotine bomb John heheh
    glad you liked it

I'm just glad I didn't stuff two flakes like normal. I'm still trying to come down from the N hit on this one, so I don't know that Irish Flake is in my future. ;-) I usually smoke at night!

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    I'm just glad I didn't stuff two flakes like normal. I'm still trying to come down from the N hit on this one, so I don't know that Irish Flake is in my future. ;-) I usually smoke at night!
    good gawd 2 flakes of UF, you'd be smoking till 2 or 3 in the morning!!!!