Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 961 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 461 861 911 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 1011 1061 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,415 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; C&D Burley Flake #2 in my Comoy's full bent. I'm still in denial at Mari's win! After I finish this ...

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

C&D Burley Flake #2 in my Comoy's full bent. I'm still in denial at Mari's win! After I finish this I will probably burn some of the Bear in her honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Er999 View Post
    Oh yeah? How about FVF? and can it ghost a cob?
    Any tobacco will leave itself behind, but with Virginias, it doesn't really matter because of their delicacy and pretty much everything has virginias anyway. As a practical matter, FVF couldn't ghost a pipe even in a Hammer film...
    ********.com

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Any tobacco will leave itself behind, but with Virginias, it doesn't really matter because of their delicacy and pretty much everything has virginias anyway. As a practical matter, FVF couldn't ghost a pipe even in a Hammer film...
    Got it and thanks, though I'm a little curious, would the biggest ghosting blends ghost a cob or a meer? (Hope that made sense)

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Got it and thanks, though I'm a little curious, would the biggest ghosting blends ghost a cob or a meer? (Hope that made sense)
    I'm sure it would to an extent, but if your just smoking one bowl of it then moving on to another blend after a few bowls it should be gone. I own two cobs and constantly smoke different tobaccos of all types through them and have yet to find a ghost, then again almost each bowl of mine is different.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Not to worry -- it is a dedicated pipe. I have 4 1792 dedicated pipes. Now if you want a tobacco that will REALLY ghost a pipe -- Ennerdale is the one! I have 7-8 dedicated to Ennerdale. I love those pipes....sniff.......
    Ditto!

I have have abused enough pipes to know that nothing will permanently ghost a cob - not even Ennerdale.

Briars, however, are another story and I can not speak for a meer.

Va's are safe in any pipe, unless they are already ghosted (including The Bear).

Yeah, "U Can't Touch This..."

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    C&D Burley Flake #2 in my Comoy's full bent. I'm still in denial at Mari's win! After I finish this I will probably burn some of the Bear in her honor.
    Don't you mean "The Bear's" honor?!

I don't know about a cob, but I know latakia can definitely ghost a meer, in spite of general wisdom. On the other hand, that's what I use my meers for, so I don't really care. Virginias taste so good in briar, I don't smoke them in meers anyway.
    ********.com

...I know latakia can definitver smoked ont that doesn't initially smoke very wett.....ely ghost a meer, in spite of general wisdom.
    Meerschaum decidedly does ghost. My Ennerdale pipe was ddicated to that blend by the previous owner and I've hed to continue that. I've also never smoked one that doesn't smokee very wet initially, Again despite the conventional wisdom. They do dry out fairly quickly, bbut at first they all need a pipe cleaner to manage the moisture.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

I encourage you to do so. It is definitely in my regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewV View Post
    I really need to give that stuff a try you smoke so much of it, its gotta be good.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

I don't know about a cob, but I know latakia can definitely ghost a meer, in spite of general wisdom. On the other hand, that's what I use my meers for, so I don't really care. Virginias taste so good in briar, I don't smoke them in meers anyway.
    I'm sure it would to an extent, but if your just smoking one bowl of it then moving on to another blend after a few bowls it should be gone. I own two cobs and constantly smoke different tobaccos of all types through them and have yet to find a ghost, then again almost each bowl of mine is different.
    Got it, thanks!

Balkan Sasieni in my Savinelli Linea Piu 3 (thanks again, Andrew). I haven't had any of this tobacco in a long while, but I fished the jar out of the back of the cellar and decided it was time. It's smoking beautifully, especially in this wonderful pipe! I almost forgot how much I like this blend.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Balkan Sasieni in my Savinelli Linea Piu 3 (thanks again, Andrew). I haven't had any of this tobacco in a long while, but I fished the jar out of the back of the cellar and decided it was time. It's smoking beautifully, especially in this wonderful pipe! I almost forgot how much I like this blend.
    I actually just finished the sample of that yesterday which I received from you, what are the odds. It truly is an awesome blend.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I actually just finished the sample of that yesterday which I received from you, what are the odds. It truly is an awesome blend.
    You guys are making me itchy, what with all your talk of Balkans - I've got this tin of Balkan Sobranie that I'm considering cracking this weekend. Or should I let it ride...?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    You guys are making me itchy, what with all your talk of Balkans - I've got this tin of Balkan Sobranie that I'm considering cracking this weekend. Or should I let it ride...?
    Crack it, crack it, crack it!

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Let's make it a Balkans weekend. Crack that sucker open!