Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 975 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 475 875 925 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 1025 1075 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 18845

Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

This is a discussion on Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Just had a bowl of Macbarren Navy flake. A very strange smelling tobacco, but not too bad at all....

Wizard of the puff shire Gandalf The Gray's Avatar

Re: Tonights Smoke II - FOR PIPES

Just had a bowl of Macbarren Navy flake. A very strange smelling tobacco, but not too bad at all.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Marlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf The Gray View Post
    Just had a bowl of Macbarren Navy flake. A very strange smelling tobacco, but not too bad at all.
    Do I remember correctly that it smells like honey?

Bowl before bed, Black Frigate in Vauen Vesuv, really liked it.

Wizard of the puff shire Gandalf The Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    Do I remember correctly that it smells like honey?

Bowl before bed, Black Frigate in Vauen Vesuv, really liked it.
    lol, NO. It has an almost black liquorish smell, Reminds me of Germain's plum cake. Or I guess you could call it a strong fig smell, at least to me it smells far from honey

lol, NO. It has an almost black liquorish smell, Reminds me of Germain's plum cake. Or I guess you could call it a strong fig smell, at least to me it smells far from honey
    Been smoking the last of my 5 year old stuff, trying to reduce the container count. Having some now, as a matter of fact, my antepenultimate bowl. As for the honey, yes it has honey in it. From tobakrevs:

Contents:
    Burley
    Cavendish
    Virginia
    Flavoring:
    Alcohol / Liquor
    Rum
    Honey
    Other / Misc
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrSpiritus's Avatar

Ah plumcake, I haven't tried that one in years. Finishing off the evening with a bowl of Frogmorton Cellar in a Savinelli Trevi Billiard...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Spending a plesant evening with a bowl of Penzance in a slightly bent Willmer Special 5015. A great way to enjoy football on a rainy cool night here in Iowa. I will apologize in advance to Mari for the weather report.....

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Tambo in a straight billiard. Almost forgot how much kick this stuff has.
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues- Abraham Lincoln

50% Five Brothers/50% Tambo

I think there may be a little bit of nicotine in this.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by teedles915 View Post
    Tambo in a straight billiard. Almost forgot how much kick this stuff has.
    Great minds think alike!

“While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Skiff Mixture in a small Kiko 1/8 Bent Meerschaum Bulldog.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Stonehaven in a full bent Chacom Salsa before dinner. Life is Good! Now back to writing until the meal is finished being prepared....

Newbie in the ocean

Frog Morton's Cellar in a Nording 106 Rusticated.

I am starting off my pipes a little earlier than usual for me. I have been going thru a weird time in that I have been craving and smoking almost exclusively SG FVF, and it got to the point that I was ignoring all of my other tobacco blends. I decided to increase my stock of SG FVF and began using smaller pipes and at the very least smoking some of my other blends first before thinking about SG FVF and I seem to have begun enjoying some of my other tobaccos. From reading the blogs in this forum I have noted that MarkC would go thru a period where he would smoke one blend for a while but not like what is happening to me. I don't have this problem with my cigars; I still enjoy a wide variety of selections depending on my mood. This evening I am starting off with a new blend that I recently purchased Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fried in a smaller Rossi Freehand and it is quite good; I especially enjoy how flavorful this tobacco is when you get to the bottom of the bowl. I am topping off this smoke with an ice cold mug of "Guinness Draught" brew and looking forward to my next bowl what ever that my be!

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

sounds like a clever and well organized approach to me.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    sounds like a clever and well organized approach to me.
    And Old Dark Fired is certainly a very good choice.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?