Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

FREE Pipe tobacco!!!!! WOOT!!!

This is a discussion on FREE Pipe tobacco!!!!! WOOT!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by cmiller Ditto! #2 waiting for me when I got home this evening. Same here. Glad to see ...

Herf Castin' Gorilla Dogwatch Dale's Avatar

Re: FREE Pipe tobacco!!!!! WOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmiller
    Ditto! #2 waiting for me when I got home this evening.
    Same here. Glad to see a couple more non-aromatics included!
    Dogwatch Dale
    Co-host of DogWatch Cigar Radio The best cigar podcast on the Net!

www.dogwatchsocialclub.com

Puffer Fish with many spikes TypeO-'s Avatar

I just received my sampler in the mail today. It contained 21 1.5 oz. samples. Very nice.

Feeds the god of mischief

Quote Originally Posted by TypeO-
    I just received my sampler in the mail today. It contained 21 1.5 oz. samples. Very nice.
    I recieved mine as today as well. MAN thats a lot of 'baccy (dont kill me for sayin it like that)

Havin never tried any pipe tobbacco before, which one would be a good one to start on? I tend to like fuller flavored cigars, what would have a smiliar taste to say a Brazilia or an edge or something similar?
    "...like licking gogo dancer panties soaked in head shop lamp oil."~~~Hammerhead on Acid cigars

"Some people say strippers have a distinct smell- well, they don't, they smell like Acid cigars."~~~Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy17sc
    Havin never tried any pipe tobbacco before, which one would be a good one to start on?
    I'm no pro on pipe tobacco. I smoke my pipes only once or twice a week. Right now, I smoke a couple of blends from my B&M. I don't know the brands. I don't think I'll care for the fruity blends like the cherry included in the bundle. Heck, it's a lot of tobacco, and it was free, so I'll give 'em all a shot. I might find something I like.

Puffer Fish with some spikes joshua's Avatar

Hmm I never got any of those 3 star blends, or a second box of anything. Hope to get hit again, cause I hate to be missing out on more free tobaccy!

Also signed up. Thanks for a great link!
    Si vis pascem parabellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy17sc
    Havin never tried any pipe tobbacco before, which one would be a good one to start on? I tend to like fuller flavored cigars, what would have a smiliar taste to say a Brazilia or an edge or something similar?
    I don't think pipe tobacco is going to be anywhere close to a Brazilia or Edge. In my very limited experience with pipes, the flavor/aroma profile seems nothing like cigars. However, I could (and probably am) be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I don't think pipe tobacco is going to be anywhere close to a Brazilia or Edge. In my very limited experience with pipes, the flavor/aroma profile seems nothing like cigars. However, I could (and probably am) be wrong.
    Well, i guess im just gonna have to find out for myself, just went to the cigg store and bought a pipe....i think its cool looking. looks like a metal bowl inside it though...weird. maybe that means i wont have to break it in (and screw it up doin it
    "...like licking gogo dancer panties soaked in head shop lamp oil."~~~Hammerhead on Acid cigars

"Some people say strippers have a distinct smell- well, they don't, they smell like Acid cigars."~~~Pistol

Puffer Fish with some spikes tetraplegic's Avatar

big ol' pile of....

I checked my mail today to find a package note in my mailbox which was completely unexpected. I couldn't figure out what it was even after getting the package... i couldn't remember ordering anything lately.

I crack open the box and pull out a big ol' bag full of a pound and a half of pipe tobacco! I had entirely forgotten about the free samples i ordered a few weeks ago from Altadis.

...now all i need is a pipe. Any sources for a cheap but decent one?
    Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Re: big ol' pile of....

Check out eBay. There have also been numerous links to some good buys in the Pipe thread. You should be able to find a cheap decent pipe at your B&M ~$20-30. Don't get one from Walmart.

And don't forget a pipe tool/tamper and some pipe cleaners. Only a couple bucks more.

Quote Originally Posted by tetraplegic
    ...now all i need is a pipe. Any sources for a cheap but decent one?

Ebay's a good place to go. Greg and others have made quite a few excellent recommendations. Dr. Grabow has started one or two pipe smokers off well enough. I'll also plug Frenchys Pipes again. Good, clean estates and an excellent return policy.

My
    God, Country, Corps!

"Only Accurate Rifles Are Interesting."
    Col Townsend Whelen

Just because it sounds good doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about...

"No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is getting tired of her shit."

Puffer Fish with some spikes joshua's Avatar

I bought 3 different pipes, all were under $20 with shipping and smoke pretty well. I figured put a few bucks into some estate stuff and test the waters then buy something nice later if I like smokin a pipe.

http://www.premierpipes.com/ has sone Boswell pipes that are around $50 which isn't bad and they look quite nice. I might step up to that myself after my tax refund comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M
    Ebay's a good place to go. Greg and others have made quite a few excellent recommendations. Dr. Grabow has started one or two pipe smokers off well enough. I'll also plug Frenchys Pipes again. Good, clean estates and an excellent return policy.

My
    I just placed an order with Frenchys Pipes today, ordered This one. Have not gotten it yet of course, but sent emails back and forth with the store, and seems like they have excelent customer service, and want their customers to be happy.
    So I'll second your plug after you plugged it to me Scott

you may want to burn a few bowls of an english in a new pipe, get it seasoned a little. I burned some Mac vanilla cream in my newer pipe and *yak* did it taste bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.c
    you may want to burn a few bowls of an english in a new pipe, get it seasoned a little. I burned some Mac vanilla cream in my newer pipe and *yak* did it taste bad.

What did you have in it before?
    God, Country, Corps!

"Only Accurate Rifles Are Interesting."
    Col Townsend Whelen

Just because it sounds good doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about...

"No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is getting tired of her shit."

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast