Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

FREE Pipe tobacco!!!!! WOOT!!!

This is a discussion on FREE Pipe tobacco!!!!! WOOT!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; From the owner of pipeshowonline.com : The current offer has ended. A new offer is being developed and will be ...

Re: FREE Pipe tobacco!!!!! WOOT!!!

From the owner of pipeshowonline.com:

The current offer has ended. A new offer is being developed and will be published on my site as soon as it is available.

I hope everyone is enjoying the tobacco they have already received!

Cam Schutte

Scott"holdingmybreath"M
    God, Country, Corps!

"Only Accurate Rifles Are Interesting."
    Col Townsend Whelen

Just because it sounds good doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about...

"No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is getting tired of her shit."

No longer a community member. PuroBrat's Avatar

I threw my name in the hat last week, I wonder if I will be lost?

Might go ahead and find me a pipe to have, just in case

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish P-Town Smokes's Avatar

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and BAMM large box comes a knocking at the door. Must be 20 small bags and boxes. Bought a used Mastercraft Piggrain Leather Pipe ( looked cool at the shop ) for $ 10 at the local shop, now to learn how to smoke um pipe. Wish I had my Pops or Grandpa's old pipe.

I hear you there. My dad had a Meerschaum that he Carved himself from a block. It was awesome, was the face of Sir Walter Raleigh. Pleasently yellowed from use. He use to take me to the Tobacco shop with him, I still go back in time from the smells in a shop.

He lost that pipe when their house burned down at Christmas in 1979. He hasn't smoked a pipe since. But he smokes cigars with me and my brother whenever we get together. Plannin' a fishing trip as soon as I can lay my hands on 3-6 good smokes.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish fitzsmoke's Avatar

I have this sampler and have made the effort to try some of the less Aromatic blends. I hope your experience will be better than mine.
    The Dutch Masters is o.k. for an Aromatic, The China Black Whiskey is o.k. The Iwan Ries Green is not too bad. Fox and Hounds is a passable English.
    But....seeing as how Capt. Black is the best selling pipe tobacco in the U.S. maybe Altadis is on to something. Keep in mind there are much better blends available for those who like the taste of tobacco. I can't figure out why Altadis doesn't pouch Count Pulaski? It is an outstanding English blend that they sell in bulk only. The pipe clubs have already banned the leftover unopened freebies from all of their "box passes".

That bad huh? I was thinking about buying me a pipe so I could try to get the taste for it. Maybe I will wait on that till I get some good flake or something more respectable to smoke. Or maybe I will just get a Cob Pipe for this dip in the Pipe Puffing Pool.
    Last edited by PuroBrat; 04-21-2006 at 11:28 PM. Reason: My typing sucks swamp scum

There are certainly blends of higher quality, careful blending, and subtle distinction far beyond the samples in the (now revised) Altadis sampler.

HOWEVER... these blends are probably above the level that most pipe smokers get, at least in terms of variety. Sure they're mostly cased burleys or cavendish tobaccos, but consider the first cigar you smoked... a White Owl... Swisher maybe? Probably wouldn't be caught in a TJ bordello with one of these now, but IT GOT YOU INTO THE GAME, which is what the intent of all this was supposed to do, (at least the reason I posted it). From here, you've got a huge universe of options and most of them will have a greater attraction for you than Montego Bay... or you might decide you LIKE Montego Bay and not go any further. But you've cut your teeth on something, maybe found a type you like, (Fox and Hound as an english blend... could have a worse start), made a few discoveries, and learned a little from it.

And get a cob anyway... decent, disposable pipes for pocket change. What's not to like?

Smoke what you like...like what you smoke.
    God, Country, Corps!

"Only Accurate Rifles Are Interesting."
    Col Townsend Whelen

Just because it sounds good doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about...

"No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is getting tired of her shit."

Ug, You talk truth with voice of wisdom. I will name you Wise Truth Talker.

Good points Scott, and don't tell anybody, but I STILL smoke White Owls and Swishers, and I like em. I am sure I will find something or some things in this free sample that I will like enough to buy more of. I smoked a pipe before, and I just smoked that stuff in a pouch you could get at the local 5 and Dime. Had a Dr. Grabo (sp?) I enjoyed it for the most part. My tastes are a bit more refined now, but not much.

Tried the Three Star China Black this morning. One of the better baccys in this sampler.

I only got three bags, Montigo, midnight, and blues. I wanted to try more, but what the hell it was free.

Will cook for poo sticks.

I to got mine today they included four samples midnight montigo,blue note and 3 star . I love the smell of the montgo. I might have to burn it like an incense over charcoal if it smokes like shit
    [SIZE="2"]Lifes not easy being in the[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]MoB....[/SIZE]

User who chose to leave. Franksmith's Avatar

Got mine in too... haven't been hitting the pipe much... and have been avoiding aromatics... not sure when or what I will do with it

Newbie in the ocean

I just registered for the new offer. Hope it comes before Valentines Day! How long did it take for the rest of you folks?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Brinson's Avatar

Look at the date on this thread, seems quite old.

Maturing Puffer Fish thewileyman's Avatar

It's an old thread, but the offer's still active to the best of my knowledge. I registered for it sometime back in the fall and they sent me a tin of Sutliff Private Stock Maple Street. It was a while before it arrived, long enough that I had forgotten about having signed up for the offer. It took me a few minutes to figure out why a random tin of tobacco had showed up in my mailbox.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast