Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pipe Websites

This is a discussion on Pipe Websites within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Some of these links do not work anymore. Do these get updated frequently?...

Re: Pipe Websites

Some of these links do not work anymore. Do these get updated frequently?

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes mrsmitty's Avatar

Holy crap this is going to take awhile checking each one out lol. Thanks for the links.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by paracite View Post
    Some of these links do not work anymore. Do these get updated frequently?
    Let me know which ones are not working and I'll update them. Thanks!

Young Fish

I can tell you that Knoxville Cigar Company has shut its doors and their website is now offline. A new shop has gone in next door to the old one, but I do not think they have a website yet.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by VolsMcFalls View Post
    I can tell you that Knoxville Cigar Company has shut its doors and their website is now offline.
    yep, that was a few yrs ago... they had a good forum as well.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    yep, that was a few yrs ago... they had a good forum as well.
    Yeah, I was surprised to see them still on the list. Their website stayed up for a while, I assume because they had leased the url through a certain date.

I visited there fairly often when i was in college, but for cigars, not pipes. I only got into pipe smoking recently.

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    for me, smokingpipes.com has been the best in terms of prices on tobacco and always has stellar customer service. some people love 4noggins.com (especially those that live in Canada), others like pipesandcigars.com (they have some stuff in stock others do not - probably due to their customer service issues people have reported on here)...
    Just wondering if you could provide a little more info on the customer service issues people have had with Pipes and Cigars? I was thinking of placing an order with them. Any comment would be appreciated.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyc View Post
    Just wondering if you could provide a little more info on the customer service issues people have had with Pipes and Cigars? I was thinking of placing an order with them. Any comment would be appreciated.
    nothing horrifying.
    there have been times when members here would place an order and not get it for weeks. they'd call to find out why and would be told that the order was on hold because they were out of stock on something. instead of sending the rest of the order, they held the entire order... also, as a buyer, not knowing what's really in stock at any given moment makes it hard to order with confidence. if i were to order from them again, i'd have to do it over the phone and hope they could tell me everything is in stock.
    they always seem to make good, from what i've read/recall.
    some of my friends have had issues with the tins coming to them badly dented up from the journey...

i will state that i have ordered from them once and didn't have that issue (ordered some stuff that's not highly sought after).
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

IHT, Thanks for the info.

Should there be some sort of rating like: Best bargain prices, customer service, fast shipping, availability? Or should we do all that on some sort of polling system? I don't know, but I think if we compiled something like that it would be very beneficial...

Puffer Fish with some spikes dukeofbluz's Avatar

I placed an order with pipes and cigars on Jan 25.

They sent an email on Feb 3, stating my order was on hold due to an out of stock item I had ordered.

delivery was made on Feb 9.

Not complaining, just stating facts.

Jeffrey

I placed an order with pipes and cigars and got it in four days no problems

I also like Pipes and Cigars dot com, as well as Just for Him. Both great places.

Until next time ~

I'm Pipe Mike
    Pipes4Mike .com

Young Puffer Fish

I talked to Scott Bendett and other folks from Pipes and Cigars at Chicago show. They told me that they have 12 people at the warehouse packing orders non-stop. As you have noticed they started sending emails if they have to hold orders. Looks like Scott is very concerned with improving the service.
    Personally, I was buying from them for last 2 years almost monthly and had only few hick-ups. The latest was with Sam Gawith tobacco in April. They were sold out before they could update on the web.

I seem to have overlooked putting the NEW tobacco cellar link in this sticky:

Tobacco Cellar - Store Your Premium Pipe Tobacco Here!

use it, now!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast