Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 257 of 290 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4340

Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions

This is a discussion on Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hmmmm........ Where did this come from?...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions

Hmmmm........

Where did this come from?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Hmmmm........

Where did this come from?
    Connections...definitely connections...yeah, definitely connections.

I missed my Smoking Pipes alert in March when I fell off the face of the earth, and have found no Esoterica in stock, anywhere, in the past month when I resumed shopping (missing the March and May sales, of course, so what the hay).

Have you had any Germaine's, and if so are there any that are close to Penzance or that you would suggest?
    Last edited by TTecheTTe; 06-30-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Connections...definitely connections...yeah, definitely connections.
    Or, I just happened to walk into the local cigar/pipe shop on the right day. Guy said the bag of Penzance had been sitting there since Friday morning, and no one else seemed to have spotted it. My lucky day, I guess.
    Have you had any Germaine's, and if so are there any that are close to Penzance or that you would suggest?
    I've not yet had the pleasure of trying any Germaine's. However, I seriously doubt there is ANYTHING close to Penzance around. Funny thing is, I really don't crave Penzance like I used to. But I surely could not walk away and leave it there for somebody else, now - could I?

Trading fodder, perhaps?
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

...My lucky day, I guess.

...But I surely could not walk away and leave it there for somebody else, now - could I?

Trading fodder, perhaps?
    Most definitely!!

Ooo, I love fodder...take a peek in my cellar and rummage around a bit to see if you can find anything of interest! Was curious about the Germains since they make Penzance. There's a few I'm looking at.

Sending you a sample of Seville, and also have their High Dry Toast but I think you may already have that. Also have SG's Choc and Red Crest (opps, pardon me, snifff), Kendal Almond, Dholakia Kamal & Ganga and WOS Rose (which you may not like since you weren't thrilled with Macouba).

Oh, yes, have you seen these?
    Last edited by TTecheTTe; 07-01-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Just got this in from Ebay

Erik Nording Duck pipe
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp75 View Post

Erik Nording Duck pipe
    Brilliant! What fun.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

I've had much Germain's tobacco - all good, very good. I haven't had any of their Esoterica blends so can't make any direct comparisons, but I'd give Germain's Special Latakia Flake a spin...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

@TTecheTTe and @ProbateGeek you guys are making me drool! I get my separation pay in August so I'll be making a big order then. Going to stock up my cellar with actual tins of a lot of the samples I have that I have really enjoyed. I have a sample of Esoterica Stonehaven that is very good. I see what all the fuss is about. I get the feeling that one is going to take some time to track down!

Anyway, looks like I'll finally be ready to start trading and bombing by the end of August. Looking forward to paying forward the generosity shown me since I joined!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp75 View Post

Erik Nording Duck pipe
    That's great, Shemp!

Ooo, I love fodder...take a peek in my cellar and rummage around a bit to see if you can find anything of interest!
    Oooohhhh - I do see you've cellared 2 pounds of Kendal Kentucky. Hmmmm..... perhaps we can work something out? You know I have a thing for a good shag...

Was curious about the Germains since they make Penzance.
    Duh - I only just now saw the "Pipe tobacco blended exclusivly [sic] for Arango Cigar Co by J.F. Germain & Son" on this half pound package of Penzance. Guess I have tried at least one Germains, then, huh?

Sending you a sample of Seville. . .
    You are not only a fine teacher of all things tobacco, but also a kind giver. Thank you. The Penzance is yours if you want it - let me know.

And I love your stout little Country Gentleman - you really need to break him in, though. May I suggest still more 1792 Flake?

More backorder arrived today. Michael @bluesman.54 might like this! I really need to learn how to do arithmetic (and spell, for that matter). I thought I bought 3lbs; forgot to change the units to "2."

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I've had much Germain's tobacco - all good, very good. I haven't had any of their Esoterica blends so can't make any direct comparisons, but I'd give Germain's Special Latakia Flake a spin...
    I have 3 that I'm going to get, but can't remember what they are; I think this is one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    @TTecheTTe and @ProbateGeek you guys are making me drool!
    I'm so "Sorry, Charlie!"

Oooohhhh - I do see you've cellared 2 pounds of Kendal Kentucky. Hmmmm..... perhaps we can work something out? You know I have a thing for a good shag...

Duh - I only just now saw the "Pipe tobacco blended exclusivly [sic] for Arango Cigar Co by J.F. Germain & Son" on this half pound package of Penzance. Guess I have tried at least one Germains, then, huh?

You are not only a fine teacher of all things tobacco, but also a kind giver. Thank you. The Penzance is yours if you want it - let me know.

And I love your stout little Country Gentleman - you really need to break him in, though. May I suggest still more 1792 Flake?
    Too funny! Hmm, we can do that, when KK comes in; but all 8oz?! Were there any other snuffs on my list that you haven't tried? 1792 has been breaking in the CC, and thank you for finally noticing! (I only had to post the pic half a dozen times at least; I was really getting ticked!) Now you can only nag me about getting more...

Oh, yes. In deference to the to the more delicate among us, and being mindful of foreign relations... "ohh, errr..."

And, just because he's too dang cute, Max, with the "kiss me lips!"
    Last edited by TTecheTTe; 07-03-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Hmm, we can do that, when KK comes in; but all 8oz?!
    If you want something less than the 8 oz of Penzance (you have smoked it, right?), let me know. I, on the other hand, will take as much of the KK as you're willing to part with. Now making my "shag face"

Were there any other snuffs on my list that you haven't tried?
    I've not had the Seville, but recall having a bit of High Dry Toast (I assume I liked it). Have not had ANY chocolate up my nose (well, except for this Tootsie Roll thing I ate once standing on my head - NOT recommended), and have only heard of Red Crest from your posts. I despise everything Almond (a childhood accident)(except Almond Joys, yummy), have not had Dholakia Kamal or Ganga and do have a good supply of the lovely English Rose. The Macouba is good, but in my mind is just like the Morocco (I need to try them together to detect the differences).

And, just because he's too cute, Max, with the "kiss me lips!"
    Well, I think Max would be cuter with his own cob. Kiss him for us, if you must. I'm out to hit the 1792.

Wow, you're fast, but have you been told that? Ohh err.
    If you want something less than the 8 oz of Penzance (you have smoked it, right?), Yes! let me know.I hate to be greedy, but if you insist. I, on the other hand, will take as much of the KK as you're willing to part with. I got enough to share, and will be ordering more for the cellar anyway. Now making my "shag face"

I've not had the Seville, but recall having a bit of High Dry Toast (I assume I liked it). Have not had ANY chocolate up my nose (well, except for this Tootsie Roll thing I ate once standing on my head - NOT recommended), and have only heard of Red Crest from your posts. I despise everything Almond (a childhood accident)(except Almond Joys, yummy), have not had Dholakia Kamal or Ganga and do have a good supply of the lovely English Rose. The Macouba is good, but in my mind is just like the Morocco (I need to try them together to detect the differences).
    I was sending the Seville, and thought you had HDT (know you have the D White). Will send all but the Mac, Rose and Almond.
    Well, I think Max would be cuter with his own cob. Kiss him forr us. If you must.
    I will kiss him, although I don't need an excuse! He sends kisses to all!

1792 has been breaking in the CC, and thank you for finally noticing! (I only had to post the pic half a dozen times at least; I was really getting ticked!) Now you can only nag me about getting more...
    Come on, I was so long in the hills of Central Texas - pretty much with no Internet connection to the outside world.

It takes me a while to catch up. "ohh, errr..."

Come on, I was so long in the hills of Central Texas - pretty much with no Internet connection to the outside world.

It takes me a while to catch up. "ohh, errr..."

Dang it, don't go posting my old family videos for the world to see! Especially after the pneumonia ended my black belt test, and career in Hapkido.