Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 268 of 290 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4340

Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions

This is a discussion on Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Troutman22 Woohooo - so happy you liked it and you horse collared another HAHA! Between that and ...

Re: Pipe, Tobacco, and E-Bay Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman22 View Post
    Woohooo - so happy you liked it and you horse collared another HAHA!
    Between that and Erinmore your bomb was the best thing that happened to me since I started, probably - those are two of my new favorites.

Robert, I'm amazed that you can actually find such things. I guess that's because my first (and only) clay pipe lost at least half it's length just on the way home from the tobacconists. I'm impressed that one can actually remain in one piece for over a week!
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    They smoke pretty well. The draw tends to be a bit tight. Also a tendency to smoke slightly hot - in my hands at least. Very "pure" taste, there's no cake to speak of.

I've got one pipe that's similar to the Lepeltiers. Double-skinned glazed ceramnic. The Dutch have been making this type of pipe for many, many years. The one I've got is a made by "Old Mokum". Maybe that's a brand name for Zenith. I don't know too much about these pipes; it was a random buy for, I think, the grand total of 1 Euro. Not a bad smoker at all - very dry as the moisture condenses in the second skin.
    My Lepeltier has a tight draw too. I've toyed with getting a screen or something for the bottom of the bowl because it seems like the draw hole always gets clogged. Drives me nuts because it's one of my favorite pipes. Personally, I find that mine smokes very cool. Both to the touch and the temp. of the smoke. The bowl gets slightly warm but not uncomfortably so. I could well imagine smoking this pipe on a cool winter afternoon and using the bowl to warm my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    My Lepeltier has a tight draw too. I've toyed with getting a screen or something for the bottom of the bowl because it seems like the draw hole always gets clogged. Drives me nuts because it's one of my favorite pipes. Personally, I find that mine smokes very cool. Both to the touch and the temp. of the smoke. The bowl gets slightly warm but not uncomfortably so. I could well imagine smoking this pipe on a cool winter afternoon and using the bowl to warm my hands.
    The central hole is a pain; it constantly blocks.

The Old Mokum smokes reaonably cooly; I was refering to a "regular" clay when saying they tend to smoke hot. I hold mine by the stem; I've no idea what the correct etiquette is for clays. The bowl and stem near the bowl get too hot to comfortably hold and you can't hold them with your teeth without getting bits of clay in your gob.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Robert, I'm amazed that you can actually find such things. I guess that's because my first (and only) clay pipe lost at least half it's length just on the way home from the tobacconists. I'm impressed that one can actually remain in one piece for over a week!
    These Jacob pipes were made by Gambier alone in their tens of thousands and there were several imitators making similar shapes and quality. It's not that surprising that they do turn up quite regularly. The common models (and I think this is one of them) should go for 10-20 Euro on the continent, usually at the top end of that in the in the UK. That's for a bowl only. This one has its stem and bit and wasn't that much...

Let's see how long it lasts in my hands. I'm an infamous pipe juggler. One successful smoke down so far...
    Last edited by steinr1; 08-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

How about this nice little surprise on a Friday afternoon!

From my brother. Guess I did put my foot in it... we all slip at times. Thanks, Anthony!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puffer Fish with some spikes RetiredNavyIC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    How about this nice little surprise on a Friday afternoon!

Thanks, Anthony!
    Your welcome! Remember this? : your mistake

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNavyIC View Post
    Your welcome! Remember this? : your mistake
    Yup - I remember now. Guilty of a noob mistake. Still, no complaints - the reviews for this tobacco are stellar. Can't wait to put some in the meer!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Stonehaven supply grew by 8oz today thanks to VAcigars!!!

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMikePA View Post
    Stonehaven supply grew by 8oz today thanks to VAcigars!!!

Lucky man. I'm currently searching the internet in hopes of finding some to buy.

Ha, I've never seen Stony in the out of the bag flake form!

Got these in the mail today! Bought all of them they had left.

Oooooh. . . quintuplets!

Not sure how old they are but I just love the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Not sure how old they are but I just love the irony.
    Your love of crazy and unique pipes never ceases to amaze me, Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Your love of crazy and unique pipes never ceases to amaze me, Chris!
    Let's just say I march to the beat of a different drummer. LOL