Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why I love pipe smoking

This is a discussion on Why I love pipe smoking within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Today was one of those stressful days where nothing seemed right when there was nothing wrong. It just left me ...

Full grown Puffer Fish SmokinJohnny's Avatar

Why I love pipe smoking

Today was one of those stressful days where nothing seemed right when there was nothing wrong. It just left me wound up in a solid knot. Yuk yuk life sucks!! I finally got to lighting up a bowl of a tasty Burley and Cavendish (Uhles Par Shooter) and ahhhhhhh..(make that 2 bowls)..the knot quickly came apart. Now feel like I'm sitting on a cloud. Life is sweet.
    Give me tobacco or give me death

Re: Why I love pipe smoking

That sounds good to me. I have been in same boat numerous times. What a stress reliever.
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

I have a long trip from work and smoke a pipe to wind myself down.
    "Choose you this day whom ye serve" Joshua 24:15

I have to sneak out from the doc I'm working with right now and have a quick partial bowl during the lunch break. It definitely calms me down from listening to patient complaints, and stretching my mind to the limits. Good ole PS Luxury Twist Flake!

Noobs, go here: cigarbid.com

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

I've been debating parting ways with some of my pipes but I realized this morning that the pipe is a huge part of the enjoyment, even the ones I don't smoke too often I'd hate to part with.
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

I've maybe taken it for granted but for me, it was the first time I realized just how soothing pipe smoking can be!

Full grown Puffer Fish brianwalden's Avatar

My wife recently bought me a sampler pack of good, name brand cigars. I smoke cigars every once in a while but it's usually when a friend gives me one or I'm at some family event. Sunday was a nice day here so I brought the laptop out on our balcony and fired one up. It just wasn't the same.

It made me realize how much I enjoy a pipe. Maybe it's from the build up of the whole ritual of getting the pipe ready to smoke, but that first puff is just instantly soothing. The stogies my wife bought made me realize that the cigars I've enjoyed the most have been because of the company of the people I smoke them with. I enjoy smoking a pipe purely for the pipe and tobacco, in fact usually I enjoy a pipe less when try to smoke one out with friends because. But hopefully as I get better at smoking a pipe all the tamping and lighting will become second nature and I'll be able to enjoy it and my friends equally - that'll be the best of both words.

Pipe smoking for me is just a very relaxing experience. You sit back and enjoy the ride of the smooth taste of tobacco.
    It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. ~Mark Twain

Cigars help sooth me when working in hot humid weather. In other words, I seem to survive the humidity better under the influence of whatever chemicals are in cigars. I realize it could be my imagination but it makes me wonder if that's why they are so popular in South America.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Arizona's Avatar

Between riding my Harley back n forth to work being a tremendously relaxing and enjoying experience and smoking a pipe when I get home - that's how I stay sane!
    Pipe smoker since 1981... 33 years and counting

A double Martini on an empty stomach will do that too -- a real attitude adjuster.

But, I like to come home and smoke and read to calm down. Alcohol makes me sleepy, eventually.

Brian, I am completely with you.
    Cigars are great in social situations, but to me a pipe is to relax and let my mind wander. Here in So Cal, no one I know really gets how to pace things down, especially at my age range. I've got one buddy who also enjoys the pipe, but is working off cigarettes. He's "over it" when I'm not even a quarter way through my bowl.

Pipe smoking is officially my alone/quiet time. Just me, some tobak, and the outdoors.

After a 10 hour work day and almost 2 hours of commuting, I really look forward to smoking a pipe when I get home. Time to just sit on the back deck and relax. On a really bad day that pipe is paired up with a few fingers of scotch to really take the edge off. Gah, is it 5:00 yet!? lol

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    Between riding my Harley back n forth to work being a tremendously relaxing and enjoying experience and smoking a pipe when I get home - that's how I stay sane!
    What he said, except with a tupperware Honda. I confess that I sometimes drive the cage so I can enjoy a pipe on the way to/from the orifice. I am weak.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

There no bad day a Latakia rush cannot destroy. Very powerful stuff. If the Airforce were to gas a war zone with it, both sides would be doing a group hug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast