Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I like 1792 but I have found that I like Cob plug better. More pronounced taste, less topping and can ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: When you smoke 1792...

I like 1792 but I have found that I like Cob plug better. More pronounced taste, less topping and can be prepared as I like

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

It's not that bad. Open the tin and let it air out for a couple days, a fresh tin can be a little overwhelming, and don't worry it won't dry out Just rub it out completely and smoke it slow. Either smoke it in a smallish pipe or only smoke a half bowl. The first time you try it make sure you eat something before hand and if you start to feel the the nicotine kicking in drink a soda or something else with sugar in it. Then sit back, relax, and enjoy.

1792 really is like nothing else I have smoked, the smoke is so smooth and creamy
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Thanks to a generous bomb by Jeff/Commonsenseman, I had the pleasure of smoking some 1792 last night. I can see what the fuss is about. I've been taking notes on new tobaccos, and this one by far had the most to write about. So many flavors and nuances, and definitely a strong nic hit. A thoroughly enjoyable smoke. I can't wait for this to be in stock more readily! Thanks again Jeff!

A little bumpage so our friends that have been around less than 3 years can enjoy this thread.

Last night was the first evening it's been warm enough to sit out and smoke since fall. I had a bowl of 1792 in it's dedicated Peterson Killarney 03. 1792 is a love it or hate it blend, but those that hate it must not like Christmas or puppy dogs either.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Would you believe I have two tins aging in my cellar but I yet to try it.... one day soon I suspect!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Smoke it now!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Agreed. You're not having your mind blown sitting here talking to us. Crack one of those puppies.

Okay... Okay.. I going to submit to the pressure! I just got out a tin with 1 year and 5 months age on it, going to go crack that sucker open and smoke a bowl right now!

BTW I actually had 3 tins... doh!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I have one tin of 1792. It's been sitting just a month or so, but this thread makes me think it's better unaged.

OK.

I'll pop it tonight.

Terry? Ya ready for a review in an hour or two? I admit to bein' a wee bit intimidated.

On my second bowl tonight. Good stuff but you could told me about the vitamin N. The world is spinning right now! In the garage. Think I will add a jack n coke with it.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

OK.

No longer intimidated.

1792 is awsome. A slightly weird flavor, but I fell into the groove quickly.

It's strong. Retrohales only and i was slightly spinning. The flavor is awsome, and I love it. I'm searching for flavor refrences, but I have none.

It's simply awsome, and gives an incredible N kick.

I need to order many more tins.

I haven't had any in a while but this stuff can smell both gross and delicious.

It's sweet but very strong. Not as strong as dark flake, but close and sharing a certain pleasant harshness.

Best smoked slowly in a small pipe outdoors late at night, preferably with lots of fog.

OK, I have to ask this... Does 1792 have any hints of lakeland-style perfume?

EDIT: Wow, this thread came back from the dead...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

I'm still fairly new to the pipe world, but 1792 is definitely one of my favorite baccy's. it definitely sparked my interest in flakes/va's, and the desire to try more of the Lakeland style baccy's.

1792 does not have the soapy flavor of stereotypical lakeland but is toped with a tonquin flavor which is some sort on mutant vanillaish bean.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast