Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; You have all peaked my interest. Rubbing a bowl out now as we speak. Any issue with ghosting, will I ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Re: When you smoke 1792...

You have all peaked my interest. Rubbing a bowl out now as we speak.

Any issue with ghosting, will I need to burn the pipe I choose for this when done?

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Yes. It doesn't just ghost, it'll haunt that pipe forever.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
    1792 does not have the soapy flavor of stereotypical lakeland but is toped with a tonquin flavor which is some sort on mutant vanillaish bean.
    I asked because I bought 4 ounces of G&H LA Flake which I thought might be a weaker, lesser known version of 1792. I definitely get a perfume/cologne-like essence in the smoke and I was wondering if that's from the tonquin or an additional topping... If 1792 lacks that topping then this will be a must-try for me.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

I have never picked up on any perfume like scent in 1792 however some people on tobacco reviews have mentioned it.

Whether this is people using descriptive words differently than others or they are just more sensitive to it I cannot say.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Yes. It doesn't just ghost, it'll haunt that pipe forever.
    Oh crap! Are you serious? Two bowls in my Peterson and I may of ghosted it... ARG!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Congrast you have a 1792 pipe.

I don't think 2 bowls is irreversible.

I have an estate that had been 1792ed pretty hard but sanding it to the briar an a few salt treatment removed most traces. *most*.

I have never picked up on any perfume like scent in 1792 however some people on tobacco reviews have mentioned it.

Whether this is people using descriptive words differently than others or they are just more sensitive to it I cannot say.
    I agree. It is definitely a Lakeland, as is Louisiana Flake which I think was mentioned (IMO 1792's younger, more athletic brother...), but I don't get that as "perfumed". A number of Lakelands do have various floral toppings in addition to the "Essence", but I wouldn't consider a basic Lakeland like Best Brown Flake as a cologne substitute.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Thank you guys for reminding me to smoke it last night. I love 1792, but on a limited basis and took me a while to realize how finicky it is. Its not a daily or even weekly smoke, but when I get the itching for some real nicotine with decent flavor it hits the spot.

I have a flake pipe I dedicated to my stronger VA type baccy, and find that I must dry it for a couple hours and rub the heck out of it to get a pleasurable smoke.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Ghost? What ghost? The glorious 1792 should be used to break in ALL pipes, which then can always offer the background goodness and vitality that only she can so freely give, no matter what ho-hum blend you happen to be smoking.

No wonder I never saw this thread - it's only been up for four years...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Ghost? What ghost? The glorious 1792 should be used to break in ALL pipes...
    Smokin' some right now, Terry. The Ouija board isn't registering any emanations from beyond, no cold chills wafting the curtains. Just because you can tell something was smoked in your pipe before whatever it is that you're smoking in your pipe now does not an apparition make. For true hauntings of the briar, one needs Cannon Plug or Ennerdale.

1792 to break in all pipes? I have no objection.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DubintheDam View Post
    18 views no comments..retirement is eminent.
    I enjoy it on occasion reminds me more of cigar tobacco than pipe tobacco.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Smokin' some right now, Terry.
    Me, too. A veritable fountain of youth, it is.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackadam View Post
    I don't think 2 bowls is irreversible.
    I should of read this thread in more detail than I did. Nope, it has been marked! Even the stem smells strong, even after I cleaned it really good with everclear. My most expensive pipe has been marked. ARG!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Me, too. A veritable fountain of youth, it is.
    Ah, fresh meat joining in our quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone1 View Post
    I should of read this thread in more detail than I did. Nope, it has been marked! Even the stem smells strong, even after I cleaned it really good with everclear. My most expensive pipe has been marked. ARG!
    And the problem is...?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast