Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have a tin of this coming and am anxious to try it!...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RHNewfie's Avatar

Re: When you smoke 1792...

I have a tin of this coming and am anxious to try it!

Reply w Quote Hater

Arrived today! Smells kinda acrid...

Reply w Quote Hater

Quote Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
    Just wait til you try it! It'll knock your socks right off!

Besides, if you don't like it, I know someone you can send it to.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Just smoked a bowl of it. I gotta say that it was pretty good. Interesting tastes, not sure what they were though. Gonna have to try a few more. Say, is it supposed to have a high nic content?

Reply w Quote Hater

Ya I would say pretty high in "vitamin-n".
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

That's probably why I liked it then

Reply w Quote Hater

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Just had a bowl...the tin has been open a couple of weeks now...just getting nice....but I've only got about a qrt. tin left....dam...should have waited longer....still love the stuff....just popped a tin of Brown No.4...my first rope...all I can say is it's looking just as tasty.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
    Gawiths tend to smell like that. McClellands has the Ketchup, and I think IHT used to describe Gawith's smell as Urinal Cake.

Glad the package made it to you!!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

It did indeed and thanks for the great deal!! Dunno if you saw the thread where I said that I saw it locally for $19.99...

Reply w Quote Hater

Quote Originally Posted by DubintheDam View Post
    Just had a bowl...the tin has been open a couple of weeks now...just getting nice....but I've only got about a qrt. tin left....dam...should have waited longer....still love the stuff....just popped a tin of Brown No.4...my first rope...all I can say is it's looking just as tasty.
    I have a tin of the Black XX rope on it's way right now. I'm interested to find out how it is, rumor has it the Brown is a little stronger than the black, they both look tasty though!

Young Puffer Fish

Picked up a tin of this today to go in my new aran peterson and love it. I set it out for 30 minutes first, it was real moist.

Maturing Puffer Fish Joshcertain's Avatar

i am staring at my baggie of 1792 in both excitement and trepadation. I will let you know what I think.
    ---Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! -Patrick Henry

Nicotine Sponge

Cracked opened my first tin of 1792 today & christened my cob pipe with it just a few minutes ago. Still standing & no "N" buzz. Hmmm. When it comes to the taste, the 1792 tasted kind of bland to me. Still like Squadron Leader the most so far. (Haven't tried that many tin tobacco yet. This is my third tin tobacco tried.) My opinion might change after finishing the 1792 tin. YMMV.

Maturing Puffer Fish Joshcertain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshcertain View Post
    i am staring at my baggie of 1792 in both excitement and trepadation. I will let you know what I think.

ok... is this tobacco a joke on the new to pipes? Like some kind of schoolyard hazing?

this is like someone took old ciggarete butts pressed them and then flue cured them sliced them up and called it tobacco.

this tobacco is so nasty I think it will be the first thing the FDA bans... for the good of the world, as the smell of it might open a portal to hell....

its not all that bad, but i'm not a fan so um glad I only got one oz.

(i really do think it tastes like when a ciggarette is smoked into the filter though)
    ---Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! -Patrick Henry

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshcertain View Post
    ok... is this tobacco a joke on the new to pipes? Like some kind of schoolyard hazing?
    Really, not. Neither is it a great smoke for a novice; it can be especially off-putting to both new and experienced smokers. While I'm not crazy about knockdown nicotine blasts I happen to like the stuff after a tin has aired for 2-4 weeks. I had a small bowl on the way to work this morning and it was stellar. My head is a little swimmy even now, an hour later.

1792 appears with several flavor profiles depending on how moist or dry it is and on how long the tin has been open to the air. It can be damn intense from a freshly opened tin or tame, mellow and fine burning when well rested and moderately dry after a tin has been opened for several weeks. It wanders. It tempts. It soothes. It startles. It is one of a kind that changes with your experience and its state of being.

If at first you find it unpleasant at least revisit it one more time in another year or two. In the evening, after eating something.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast