Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

Full grown Puffer Fish AcworthAl's Avatar

Re: When you smoke 1792...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Really, not. Neither is it a great smoke for a novice; it can be especially off-putting to both new and experienced smokers. While I'm not crazy about knockdown nicotine blasts I happen to like the stuff after a tin has aired for 2-4 weeks. I had a small bowl on the way to work this morning and it was stellar. My head is a little swimmy even now, an hour later.

1792 appears with several flavor profiles depending on how moist or dry it is and on how long the tin has been open to the air. It can be damn intense from a freshly opened tin or tame, mellow and fine burning when well rested and moderately dry after a tin has been opened for several weeks. It wanders. It tempts. It soothes. It startles. It is one of a kind that changes with your experience and its state of being.

If at first you find it unpleasant at least revisit it one more time in another year or two. In the evening, after eating something.
    Right on! The first time I smoked this was fresh right out of the tin — it damn near knocked me out. It took two weeks to have to balls to smoke it again—totally different smoke. I was a lot better, it was smooth, but still have the nicotine HIT. I like this stuff.

Well,I finally tried it based on this thread and the reviews I have read. I ordered two tins off the bat as I usually liked SG stuff (SL ad full Virgina). I opened the tin last night. It did remind me of full viginia and McClelland X-mas cheer 08 in consistency. I rubbed it well and chose my larger bowl meer to fill. My experice with these types of baccy in smaller bowls has not been good(maybe I do not rub well enough) as they tend to clog as I tamp.

After sitting in the pipe overnight I partook on the commute to work this AM. Very good first experience. I has some of the sweetness of the full Virgina and yeat a hint of some sort of spice. I did notice a bit of a punch as I tend to puff pretty good. At the same time it was smooth and did not bite at all.

Overall a big thumbs up and looking forward to the next bowl.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rlaliberty's Avatar

anyone willing to trade or sell a couple flakes of this? i'd rather not invest in a whole tin especially wiith a tobacco as diversely rated as 1792...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlaliberty View Post
    anyone willing to trade or sell a couple flakes of this? i'd rather not invest in a whole tin especially wiith a tobacco as diversely rated as 1792...
    C'mon... Buy you a tin and if it makes you yak I'll swap you out a tin of something else you might like better.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RHNewfie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    C'mon... Buy you a tin and if it makes you yak I'll swap you out a tin of something else you might like better.
    How can you refuse an offer like that!!! Top notch botl right there!

Reply w Quote Hater

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rlaliberty's Avatar

haha moo, wonderful offer. guess ill buy one. ill probably like it anyways!

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

If not I have you covered.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Nicotine Sponge

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Well,I finally tried it based on this thread and the reviews I have read. I ordered two tins off the bat as I usually liked SG stuff (SL ad full Virgina). I opened the tin last night. It did remind me of full viginia and McClelland X-mas cheer 08 in consistency. I rubbed it well and chose my larger bowl meer to fill. My experice with these types of baccy in smaller bowls has not been good(maybe I do not rub well enough) as they tend to clog as I tamp.

After sitting in the pipe overnight I partook on the commute to work this AM. Very good first experience. I has some of the sweetness of the full Virgina and yeat a hint of some sort of spice. I did notice a bit of a punch as I tend to puff pretty good. At the same time it was smooth and did not bite at all.

Overall a big thumbs up and looking forward to the next bowl.
    I prefer to fold & roll the flake into the bowl which in my case is a cob pipe. I prefer a small bowl for flakes. Haven't experienced any problems with the draw. I'll have to re-light 'cause I forget to dump the salt & pepper ashes. It's definitely a very smooth smoke.

Besides I believe it is one of the few 4 stars on Tobacco review.

Young Puffer Fish

Made the mistake of smoking a big ol' bowl of this.

I dry heaved for a little while.

Never again. Just thinking about it makes my tongue curl.

As far as the taste goes.....If you like licorrice, you'll probably like the taste. I, however, do not like licorice.

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Made the mistake of smoking a big ol' bowl of this.

I dry heaved for a little while.

Never again. Just thinking about it makes my tongue curl.

As far as the taste goes.....If you like licorrice, you'll probably like the taste. I, however, do not like licorice.

If you want to get rid of the rest of it, I know who you can send it to.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Full grown Puffer Fish AcworthAl's Avatar

Smoked some 1792 last night in a small B/C. GREAT, but the tin was opened a month ago. The first time I smoked this and followed it up with Irish Flake I damn near passed out.

I just acquired a pound of the stuff. I should be sucking down tonquin-tastin' goodness for quite some time.

I just wish this stuff did not smell so bad. It carbon copy replicates the aroma of sweaty old man feet, and it will linger around the home and pipe for a pretty long time.

Flavour wise, I really like it. It has an odd musty spicy cheese quality to it -- very unique, but i would never smoke this blend inside the home, again....not even with the windows open.

Full grown Puffer Fish Sovereign's Avatar

I have a tin of this in the mail. After reading some of the reviews in this thread I'm a little scared

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast