Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Sovereign I have a tin of this in the mail. After reading some of the reviews in ...

Full grown Puffer Fish AcworthAl's Avatar

Re: When you smoke 1792...

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I have a tin of this in the mail. After reading some of the reviews in this thread I'm a little scared
    Fear not, this is GREAT stuff, just make sure you sit down when you smoke it and do not dirve even a riding mower. It really tastes better, in my opinion, after you open the let it age for a week or so. You really need to smoke it at least once.

Nicotine Sponge

Just finished a bowl in a cob. It's a smooth smoke with no bite to it. I'm probably about half way through my first tin of it.

I have had a tin I opened a week ago...It is great, I do notice the kick everyone else talks about.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Just finished a bowl in a cob. It's a smooth smoke with no bite to it. I'm probably about half way through my first tin of it.
    Smooth it is. Can't say it's not smooth.

What I am not getting is folks who smoke it and don't notice the nicotine punch. I think they must already be smoking a lot of something else (like burley) or simply have a higher tolerance for nic than I do. 1792 is about the only weed that really sits me down.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Full grown Puffer Fish Sovereign's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcworthAl View Post
    Fear not, this is GREAT stuff, just make sure you sit down when you smoke it and do not dirve even a riding mower. It really tastes better, in my opinion, after you open the let it age for a week or so. You really need to smoke it at least once.
    Acworth huh? I live in Powder Springs right near there

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Smooth it is. Can't say it's not smooth.

What I am not getting is folks who smoke it and don't notice the nicotine punch. I think they must already be smoking a lot of something else (like burley) or simply have a higher tolerance for nic than I do. 1792 is about the only weed that really sits me down.

I think people who say it doesn't have a nicotine punch are either:
    a) lying
    b) smoke a lot more than the "average" pipe smoker
    c) some kind of freak of nature that nicotine doesn't affect
    d) lying

I absolutely love this stuff, but I couldn't smoke it all day....or when driving....or anything else for that matter.
    Maybe that's why I like it so much, it requires your full attention.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Nicotine Sponge

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I think people who say it doesn't have a nicotine punch are either:
    a) lying
    b) smoke a lot more than the "average" pipe smoker
    c) some kind of freak of nature that nicotine doesn't affect
    d) lying

I absolutely love this stuff, but I couldn't smoke it all day....or when driving....or anything else for that matter.
    Maybe that's why I like it so much, it requires your full attention.
    a) NO
    b) NO
    c) MAYBE
    d) NO

Hmmm...maybe I got a defective tin of 1792. I doing my smoking in an opened garage standing up when I start & finish. During my cigar smoking heydays, I generally prefer cigars that are considered strong like Arturo Fuentes sun grown, black Partagas, La Gloria Cubana, & Opus. The only time I almost got floored was from a tiny tiny Cuban Punch cigar that a tobacconist gave me. I was forewarned about the potency. I will never forget that smoke. It almost knocked me out.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Cracked opened my first tin of 1792 today & christened my cob pipe with it just a few minutes ago. Still standing & no "N" buzz. Hmmm. When it comes to the taste, the 1792 tasted kind of bland to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I got a defective tin of 1792.
    I wonder what you got. Perhaps a new tin w/ bad seal? I suppose it happens. A tin that has been exposed to air for a few weeks certainly lacks the punchy flavor of a newly cracked tin but the strength doesn't evaporate. You could be a nicotine mutant - not a bad thing in and of itself, mutancy. You could be a 1792-XMan. Cool.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Nicotine Sponge

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    I wonder what you got. Perhaps a new tin w/ bad seal? I suppose it happens. A tin that has been exposed to air for a few weeks certainly lacks the punchy flavor of a newly cracked tin but the strength doesn't evaporate. You could be a nicotine mutant - not a bad thing in and of itself, mutancy. You could be a 1792-XMan. Cool.
    I like that nick name!

Me = jealous of your superhuman mutant nicotine tolerance.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by DubintheDam View Post
    ...you smoke pure history. You have a historic experience. You re-live history. Why and how do such blends still exist today? Now there's a question, regardless of one's own personal dislikes or likes, the existence of such a blend in modern times not only says heaps about pipe smoking but it also says heaps about people and society. I could write a very long prose on the subject..but... I would like others to be the author...I await comment...dub
    I bougt a tin off these in Bruxelles last week. I was there at the davidoff shop, which besides far too expensive ashtrays and a nice small walk inn humidor had not that much in store. For me wanting too try some new tobacoo's I bought a tin off this Dark Kendall Flake.
    I filled my first bowl on the Great Marker drinking a nice pint off Bruxelles famous Maes beer. Since I opened the tin, I expected a strong sharp flavour because off the darkness off the tobacco. Though, the beginning off the smoke was verry mild, though after tamping once or twice it began to show it's pepperness and it's round sophisticated bull's eye taste.
    After finishing a pint or 3( or 4 ? ) My bowl ended in some nice grey ash, mumbling I regreted not buying like a can or 10 off this stuff.

Must have for me.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Requiem's Avatar

I'm smoking 1792 right now, in a cob as I'm still not sure if I like it enough to include it in my regular rotation or not. If I do, a small briar will be dedicated to it.

It sure deliveres nic like nothing else I've tried, but the taste still puzzles me... it really remindes me of the way old ladies smell, when I was a kid.
    Wondering if tonquin was used on old fashioned fragances?

http://pipechat.netne.net Blackadder's Avatar

I'm with Dub in this case I find that 1792 is excellent it's like smoking a piece of history heck the blend is almost older then the country I live in.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Well I wasn't going to have a pipe tonight but you talked me into it. I'm smoking the 1792 in my Peterson Killarney. I love this stuff, seriously I keep a mason jar of it on my desk and will open it periodically just to take a whiff.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

When i smoke 1792...i think: Never again! I don´t find 1792 that strong, only extreamly bad tasting!

If you guys like to try a strong tobaco that acctually taste like tobaco i can strongely recomend Kendal Brown Bogie(Twist). To smoke that baccy it´s like you get a punch...from the inside of your mouth and nose...in a good way! And it has a great salty, meaty tobacotaste. If you like less salty, try the Kendal Brown Bogie Rum.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast