Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

Re: When you smoke 1792...

Quote Originally Posted by michwen View Post
    When i smoke 1792...i think: Never again! I don´t find 1792 that strong, only extreamly bad tasting!

If you guys like to try a strong tobaco that acctually taste like tobaco i can strongely recomend Kendal Brown Bogie(Twist). To smoke that baccy it´s like you get a punch...from the inside of your mouth and nose...in a good way! And it has a great salty, meaty tobacotaste. If you like less salty, try the Kendal Brown Bogie Rum.
    Soooooo.....how much 1792 do you have laying around?
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Soooooo.....how much 1792 do you have laying around?
    Sorry, not that much!
    I have a tin i couldn´t finish.

Quote Originally Posted by michwen View Post
    Sorry, not that much!
    I have a tin i couldn´t finish.
    Hope this didn't sound like I was fishing for free tobacco. I just thought maybe you could trade it for something you enjoy more. Of course you could always just put it in a jar & forget about it for a while, you never know how your tastes might change!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Hope this didn't sound like I was fishing for free tobacco. I just thought maybe you could trade it for something you enjoy more. Of course you could always just put it in a jar & forget about it for a while, you never know how your tastes might change!
    No worry, mate!
    I don´t know why i´m saving it cause it´s not much left. I really gave it a try but the taste never got any better for me.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

I smoked a couple more bowls of 1792 this week. I swear this stuff is laced with Opium. After 10 minutes of smoking I put my feet up and just want to sink into the chair, and go to sleep.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Just cracked my first tin of 1792 and if it smokes anything like it smells pre-light, I'm going to be in heaven! Was going to have a bowl after Thanksgiving dinner, but went for a cigar instead...still might try it later, if I feel like sitting out in the cold. Wonderful aroma so far though!

There are no sane human beings

Puffer Fish with many spikes Requiem's Avatar

After half a dozen bowls, I'm sure I like this tobacco very much, so I dedicate a small Big Ben to it... that pipe never behaved this well with any other tobacco and 1972 smokes better in a briar than in a cob, as someone else stated before (I think it was Moo).
    I'm very pleased with the combo.

Now, would 1792 largely benefit from a few cellar years?

39 04 35 N, 108 33 05 W gjcab09's Avatar

Smoked a bowl...came inside...ordered another tin...

There are no sane human beings

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    After half a dozen bowls, I'm sure I like this tobacco very much, so I dedicate a small Big Ben to it... that pipe never behaved this well with any other tobacco and 1972 smokes better in a briar than in a cob, as someone else stated before (I think it was Moo).
    I'm very pleased with the combo.

Now, would 1792 largely benefit from a few cellar years?
    1792 is definately worth dedicating a pipe to.

I would imagine it is well worth cellaring it for a while, as are many Virginias (or so I've heard). I have some with just five months on it, & it's already mellowed just enough to take the edge off. I can hardly wait to try some with a year or more, I suspect it will be delicious!

Maine's Resident Masshole Mr.Lordi's Avatar

Dr. Grabow Big Pipe Filter Pipe #02 - drgbp02

This is similar to the pipe I've been smoking 1792 flake in. Used to be I smoked Irish Flake in it, but I haven't smoked Irish Flake in a while, since lately it hasn't seemed as strong as it used too!

So 1792 got to fill it up after I tried it in a cob.

1792 is like smoking a cigar, but a completely different experience. So far, me like!

Woooo, my head is spinning. Just dedicated one of my pipes to 1792. This stuff is something else.

Puffin' Yat in the Ocean DarHin's Avatar

Bought a tin a few weeks ago based on a 3 star avg review on TR. I have yet to open it since I have so many others open. It may be awhile before I get to it. So I guess for me it isn't as much the history as the future.
    Slope Shmope!

I've been meaning to try this stuff but I just don't want to commit to tin if I don't like it...
    We can't stop here! It's Bat Country!

Puffer Fish with some spikes stoked's Avatar

1792 is very unique. I've gone back to it a few times and like it. The tonkin bean flavouring really is the only "oriental" aspect of the blend. I don't believe that there are any oriental tobaccos in it. I've had the pleasure of being closely immersed in asian culture for some years now and the taste of tonkin bean reminds me of the taste of some of the sweets made with adzuki or mung beans that are a treat for asians. When I smoke 1792 that's what I taste as far as topping. An acquired taste.

It's interesting that the tonkin bean contains the same chemical, couramin(?) that is in deer tongue. So what made blenders of the past seek out this chemical in their pipe tobaccos? To me this is the historical question to have answered (by someone more knowledgable than me).

Bump time!

Anybody who has never tried this absolutely needs to. There is nothing else on earth like it! Totally worth dedicating a pipe to.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast