Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; A few nights ago I smoked some 1792, and left the room for a minute, coming back I found it ...

Re: When you smoke 1792...

A few nights ago I smoked some 1792, and left the room for a minute, coming back I found it has the nicest room note. The girlfriend even agreed!
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Bump time!

Anybody who has never tried this absolutely needs to. There is nothing else on earth like it! Totally worth dedicating a pipe to.
    I should point out, it's pretty cruel to bump this thread when it's out of stock everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    A few nights ago I smoked some 1792, and left the room for a minute, coming back I found it has the nicest room note. The girlfriend even agreed!
    Funny, I always thought the room note would cause relatives & neighbors to flee in terror.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    I should point out, it's pretty cruel to bump this thread when it's out of stock everywhere.
    Oops! Didn't even think about that!

The good news is I've heard rumors that SG tobaccos MAY be back in stock (very temporarily if I have anything to do with it) sometime in April, so at least we don't have too long to wait.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Excellent News!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Funny, I always thought the room note would cause relatives & neighbors to flee in terror.
    agreed. the smell makes me even want to flee in terror.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Encase anyone hasn't already heard me sing my praises of this tobacco I love 1792.

P.S. I'm glad that the SG tobaccos will be back in stalk soon. I'm down to a single tin of chocolate flake.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Greatest of all Tree Art GreatBonsai's Avatar

I sure hope 1792 is back in stock before May. I'd like to get a tin before leaving the country. Already ordering Fire Dance Flake, Irish Flake, and Hal O the Wind on payday this week...

Oops! Didn't even think about that!

The good news is I've heard rumors that SG tobaccos MAY be back in stock (very temporarily if I have anything to do with it) sometime in April, so at least we don't have too long to wait.
    At the risk of adding more cruelty to the SG famine ... 1792 showed up at smokingpipes on Friday, briefly, there was one 250gm box by the time I got to the site ... then it was gone.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Yea, I can't wait for this to get in stock, along with some other SG blends. It doesn't seem to have the Stonehaven hype, it frustrating that its so hard to find! Looking forward to trying the other somewhat similar blends described in the dark flake thread....

Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    At the risk of adding more cruelty to the SG famine ... 1792 showed up at smokingpipes on Friday, briefly, there was one 250gm box by the time I got to the site ... then it was gone.

Patience Jeff, patience.

Thanks to tobaccocellar.com's alerts, 1792 is in stock at smokingpipes.com, with a note: "We have only 1 on hand*"

Ha!

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit Jaxon67's Avatar

Smokingpipes.com is showing to have 1792 50g tin in stock. Might want to call before ordering though.

Ya know, I just remembered something. Memory not what it used to be, hush.

Back in '08 there was a similar SG shortage in spring. I remember making a call to smokingpipes at that time to find out why/when SG tins would be in stock. They didn't know, of course, only that their distributor didn't have any at the time. In May the market was awash in SG tins. Pretty sure of the time frame (matches today's scenario), checked purchase dates on my SG acquisitions in '08, May, July; fits.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

I don't mean to rub it in by saying this but I have a tin of 1792 patiently waiting. Waiting till I get the space, mental fortitude and right pipe to smoke it.

Since I haven't had any experience with strong tobaccos, I mean I have smoked some that others have described as strong but I haven't felt the kick, I'm a bit tentative about this one.

Any tips on the first outing with the bicentennial flake? That is other than lining the ground with pillows for when I pass out.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast