Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

When you smoke 1792...

This is a discussion on When you smoke 1792... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...you smoke pure history. You have a historic experience. You re-live history. Why and how do such blends still exist ...

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

When you smoke 1792...

...you smoke pure history. You have a historic experience. You re-live history. Why and how do such blends still exist today? Now there's a question, regardless of one's own personal dislikes or likes, the existence of such a blend in modern times not only says heaps about pipe smoking but it also says heaps about people and society. I could write a very long prose on the subject..but... I would like others to be the author...I await comment...dub

Leading Puffer Fish DubintheDam's Avatar

Re: When you smoke 1792...

18 views no comments..retirement is eminent.

Everything but the present moment is history. Today is only yesterday's tomorrow.

PS: Is a Cob Plug experience any less historical??

Back to your Mayoral duties now ..... (whatever the hell they would be!)
    When I walk through the house, I always have someone proceed me with a boom-box playing Darth Vader theme music to lend a weighty and ominous air to my approach.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Maybe it says that we enjoy exploring our senses and sometimes what can become a pleasurable experience isn't necessarily pleasing in a contemporary and typical way
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Maybe it says that we enjoy exploring our senses and sometimes what can become a pleasurable experience isn't necessarily pleasing in a contemporary and typical way
    The stuff might have made 3 out of 4 pipe smokers sick a hundred years ago. Who'd know? (I have recently grown to really like it. It is special and nothing else is much in that ballpark.)
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Puffer Fish with many spikes Requiem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DubintheDam View Post
    ... I could write a very long prose on the subject...

Im sure we all would love to read it... so, start writting Dub (or start talking in a YouTube video)

Ive got an unopened Tin in my cellar but History will have to wait. I have far too many other Tins open at the moment. What sets it apart in your opinions?

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sounds7 View Post
    ... What sets it apart in your opinions?
    The fear that, whatever pipe you smoked it in, is forever ruined. Until you experience tonquin you really can't understand.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Tonquin sets it apart but it does mellow with a little time
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    The fear that, whatever pipe you smoked it in, is forever ruined. Until you experience tonquin you really can't understand.
    So when I finally do crack it open I better experience for the first time in a cob?

When you smoke 1792....Try not to. The stuff just isn't for me. For the life of me I can't understand why it is still around.
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

Looks like another blend for me to try, ok going to sound like a newby, has this blend been around since 1792?

I'm a little scared, but taking our mayor's advice, I added a tin on to the order that I placed with smokingpipes tonight. For $6.21, how can I go wrong? I'm thinking this may be a smoke that I dedicate to those highly stressful days, or when I need a swift kick in the ass.

Like others, I'm also interested in hearing some history of this blend, and should we keep this out of the pipes that we use for different blends?

Quote Originally Posted by bigkev77 View Post
    When you smoke 1792....Try not to. The stuff just isn't for me. For the life of me I can't understand why it is still around.

Just to add. Although, I think this tobacco it just horrible, it is something everyone must try. There is nothing out there like it and worth $7 just for the experience.
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

I desire macaroni picturs Vrbas's Avatar

I'm a fairly noob of a smoker and i dig it. I dunno, it's just really different. Granted the first time i tried it i had to set the pipe down and pass out where i sat about halfway through. But following bowls have proved less stressful on the brain synapses.

It has a very unique flavor that I particularly enjoy. It will ghost like mad so be cognizant of that. And although it's not something to smoke every day, every week.... heck, maybe even every month... it's definitely a blend that demands smoking. Period.
    My sad cellar

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast