Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

This is a discussion on NEW Tobacco Cellar (site) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Admiring my tins and noticed some tin dates way older then purchase date. Got a tin of HH mature Virginian ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

Admiring my tins and noticed some tin dates way older then purchase date. Got a tin of HH mature Virginian a few months ago just noticed tin date is Dec ..2010. Time to update the cellar
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Hey rj glad your ok! When you got a chance and perhaps I am looking in the wrong place can you add black house by hh
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Hey rj glad your ok! When you got a chance and perhaps I am looking in the wrong place can you add black house by hh
    You can just a custom blend name - under My Account, add a blend. It would be faster than waiting for me to do it on the system database
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Sounds good thanks!
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Wow. I thought I was watching closely to see when the site went over 1000 members; I guess I missed it by a bit...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Wow. I thought I was watching closely to see when the site went over 1000 members; I guess I missed it by a bit...
    Some of them are Roosian spammers with auto-registration-bots. For whatever reason, the Comrades like to create multiple fake accounts. When they find out that there are no email addresses for them to steal/spam/spray - they crawl back under their rocks. I clean it out periodically, you'll see the user number drop - until its glasnost time again and their xrumer spam machine spins out of control yet again. If it wasn't for Vodka, I'd block the country's IP addresses. But gotta keep the Stolichnaya flowing, so I tolerate them.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

RJ, just curious but is Bell's Three Nuns and/or Capstan Blue Flake on the site? Couldn't find it, but I thought I'd ask. Also, I know we can add stuff that isn't already in the database. When we do that does it just show up when I go to pull it up on the list or does it add it for everyone? I don't want to add it if it's already there and it adds it for everyones list.

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMikePA View Post
    RJ, just curious but is Bell's Three Nuns and/or Capstan Blue Flake on the site? Couldn't find it, but I thought I'd ask. Also, I know we can add stuff that isn't already in the database. When we do that does it just show up when I go to pull it up on the list or does it add it for everyone? I don't want to add it if it's already there and it adds it for everyones list.

Thanks
    Mike
    Missed this post - sorry for late reply! You can add new brands or blends - they are "private" to your account only. At some point I do catch up with new items in the system database, but it works either way.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

No prob on the late post RJ, didn't want to add stuff if it wasn't private and already listed...thanks!

RJ, I just wanted to bring something to your attention that I noticed on my iPad.

On the main cellar page, when I click the drop down menu to mark a jar as finished, the pop up window shows up as usual - "are you sure you want to mark this one as finished? Ok - Cancel". However, the site freezes at that point. Clicking either response does nothing. The only way to get out of the screen is to force the browser to completely close. I've tried both the stock Safari browser and Chrome.

No issues at all on my Windows PC, and I didn't have this issue on the iPad before updating to iOS 7, so I assume this is an iOS issue rather than a problem with your site; nonetheless, I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Probably the browser but I can't test it. My iPad is so old, the Apple store app laughs at me when I try to upgrade the iOS.

The whole interface needs to be made more HTML5 compliant, if the browser can run in "compatibility" mode give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    RJ, I just wanted to bring something to your attention that I noticed on my iPad.

On the main cellar page, when I click the drop down menu to mark a jar as finished, the pop up window shows up as usual - "are you sure you want to mark this one as finished? Ok - Cancel". However, the site freezes at that point. Clicking either response does nothing. The only way to get out of the screen is to force the browser to completely close. I've tried both the stock Safari browser and Chrome.

No issues at all on my Windows PC, and I didn't have this issue on the iPad before updating to iOS 7, so I assume this is an iOS issue rather than a problem with your site; nonetheless, I thought I'd bring it to your attention.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

is this site down? I can't get to it for the last 2 days.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone1 View Post
    is this site down? I can't get to it for the last 2 days.
    I was able to get on yesterday, but right now it's not working.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Same here. Down ATM.

WWhermit

A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Domain expired (again). Seems auto-renew doesn't and fool-proof isn't, happens every December

All should be fine now.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast