Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

This is a discussion on NEW Tobacco Cellar (site) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by RJpuffs On the Finished tins, be sure that the OPEN and FINISH dates are correct (they may ...

Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    On the Finished tins, be sure that the OPEN and FINISH dates are correct (they may default to today) or at least a good guess. This gives it a time frame to calculate the days/oz which will then be applied to the contents of your cellar. The imported list lacks the OPENED date so it may default to the current date. Going forward, as you mark tins OPEN and FINISHED, it will pick up the correct usage calculations.

Oh yes, the current year is 2010 so be sure you use the right year if you opened a tin last Dec
    I'm still dating checks 1/19/09
    I have opened dates on both of mine and finished, all are correct (and even display the number of days). I made the same 09/10 mistake several times.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit Jaxon67's Avatar

I am currently putting finish dates on my baccy. At one point the data base showed my consumption rate and a guestimate of how long my cellar will last. Now I cant seem to pull that info up. The cellar summary ends at the amount of money I spent. Any tips out there?

BTW...I am really liking this program. Thanks for putting this together guys!

Puffin' Yat in the Ocean DarHin's Avatar

Great job guys. After a very short learning curve everything is transferred. I really like the fact that we can add brands and blends instead of having that damn generic/generic.
    Slope Shmope!

I just added "Prince Albert - Choice Blend"... Good to go!
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    I have opened dates on both of mine and finished, all are correct (and even display the number of days). I made the same 09/10 mistake several times.
    I think you have your cellar "hidden", or under another name, Jack Straw ain't on the cellar listing

See mine http://www.tobaccocellar.com/RJPuffs it shows:
    Based on past usage, this cellar should last for 5 years and 1 month (~ Feb 2015)
    Puffing at the average rate of 0.3 oz, approx 3 bowls daily
    Checking the programming, it could be a bug ...
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon67 View Post
    I am currently putting finish dates on my baccy. At one point the data base showed my consumption rate and a guestimate of how long my cellar will last. Now I cant seem to pull that info up. The cellar summary ends at the amount of money I spent. Any tips out there?

BTW...I am really liking this program. Thanks for putting this together guys!
    Oops! Was a bug - its working now. Apparently if you had an exact year (0 months) estimate it was not showing - fixed now!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

IHT

Ron,
    when the site gets bigger, are you going to have everyone listed on the front page like it is now? not that i care, probably just a couple kb's of bandwidth...
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

I see it now! Thanks.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    Ron,
    when the site gets bigger, are you going to have everyone listed on the front page like it is now? not that i care, probably just a couple kb's of bandwidth...
    Only the top 10 cellars are listed in each stat on the homepage, the listbox with all the public cellar names should fine, its only text.

And the site has virtually no images I think in black & white.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Another complaint: I've been knocked off the top ten, so now I have a stronger than usual case of TAD! This is your fault!!

Among other not-so-obvious features, here's a few that I'm sure many have missed:

The eyeball - click it to see just that blend in the cellar you are viewing.

The i next to the eyeball - mouseover or click to see the description (if it exists).

The Suggest option in the listbox on the far right of each tin - your cellar only, it makes suggestions based on the baccy type. I was surprised by many of the suggestions, how accurate it is only time will tell. You can check off the suggestions and put them into your WishList with one click - more TAD!

Which works similar to the Find Blends option - top menu, I've come up with a different way of categorizing blends; using a primary component and additional elements. It makes for some startling suggestions (or so it seems).

The Target Date - I like to plan ahead, so I have always picked a date that I want to open each tin, allowing whatever aging I decide for it. I put this feature into the cellar, if you pick a month/year you get an instant Target Age - and a pretty planning chart on the Summary page. Granted this can be a pain for a transferred cellar, but going forward you may want to try it out! I love seeing a 6 year calendar with mouthwatering blends just waiting
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Another complaint: I've been knocked off the top ten, so now I have a stronger than usual case of TAD! This is your fault!!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    I think in black & white.
    you did michael jackson proud....
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Puffin' Yat in the Ocean DarHin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Actually it is my fault (unless someone has since knocked me off!)
    I kind of "cheated" when I added my current order from P&C which I haven't recieved yet.
    Slope Shmope!

Nah, I usually do the same thing. I figure it's "bought already", so...

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast