Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

This is a discussion on NEW Tobacco Cellar (site) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by MarkC Nah, I usually do the same thing. I figure it's "bought already", so... Well, you could ...

Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Nah, I usually do the same thing. I figure it's "bought already", so...
    Well, you could use the "wishlist" for that

I just added a "TAD" stat on the homepage, highest 10 TAD victims in the past seven days should show here
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post

I just added a "TAD" stat on the homepage, highest 10 TAD victims in the past seven days should show here
    I hope you realize that by adding the TAD statistic, you're only helping to feed my viscious case of TAD.........or perhaps that was your intention
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I tell ya, he's got a cruel streak...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Old_Salt's Avatar

what kind of coding is in use?
    the list says I've added 90 tins, I have'nt added that many in the last 6 months, least of all in the past 7 days. looks like you have some debugging to do

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
    what kind of coding is in use?
    the list says I've added 90 tins, I have'nt added that many in the last 6 months, least of all in the past 7 days. looks like you have some debugging to do
    I would check your "buy dates", my guess is they're all the day you uploaded everything. You'll probably have to go through & change them all.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

Cool Beans!!!
    I am my brothers keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I would check your "buy dates", my guess is they're all the day you uploaded everything. You'll probably have to go through & change them all.
    I bet your right, most tins have a blank field for dates, I was too lazy to type everything in

I bet your right, most tins have a blank field for dates, I was too lazy to type everything in
    It defaults to the current date when you forget to provide it (or on the import).

The TAD stat is only 7 days old, so all the new cellar imports should fall off soon.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

I hope you realize that by adding the TAD statistic, you're only helping to feed my viscious case of TAD.........or perhaps that was your intention

Another thing I'm thinking of adding is a "stock checker" on the WishList. It should scan the major vendor sites and alert you when those items are in stock. I'm getting tired of the daily check for Stonehaven by hand
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Another thing I'm thinking of adding is a "stock checker" on the WishList. It should scan the major vendor sites and alert you when those items are in stock. I'm getting tired of the daily check for Stonehaven by hand

Dunno if that will help or hinder my constant search for Stonehaven. One thing's for sure, there's not enough to go around!

Puffer Fish with some spikes VFD421's Avatar

Wow! This is great. Thanks

Dunno if that will help or hinder my constant search for Stonehaven. One thing's for sure, there's not enough to go around!
    Can you imagine the feeding frenzy when half the populace of Puff stampedes over the website that DOES have Stonehaven in stock? Like a post-Christmas sale at Walmart
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

An observation of the new cellar,
    was checking out the home page of the cellar, and while reviewing the "most popular blends" list a little light bulb went off in my head { I usually come up with small ideas }
    the list is counting tins, not amount of tobacco. my cellar has 22 "8 oz. or larger".
    have 12 8 oz. tins of Fillmore alone. then there's the bulk should a Quart jar
    of 5100 be treated the same as a tin of Escudo. try crunching the numbers by weight
    & see if the popularity roster changes

An observation of the new cellar,
    was checking out the home page of the cellar, and while reviewing the "most popular blends" list a little light bulb went off in my head { I usually come up with small ideas }
    the list is counting tins, not amount of tobacco. my cellar has 22 "8 oz. or larger".
    have 12 8 oz. tins of Fillmore alone. then there's the bulk should a Quart jar
    of 5100 be treated the same as a tin of Escudo. try crunching the numbers by weight
    & see if the popularity roster changes
    Good point, it should report both ways - or the 3 tons of bulk SG I have won't count for much
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

TAD alerts! Now you can check (some) online vendors for availability of your must-have blends. Add the blend to your wishlist, then click SETUP ALERTS. There are 3 vendors supported right now, I'll add more as I can figure it out. Simply copy/paste the URL of the DETAIL page for your wanted blend (this ONLY works when a DETAIL page is available, it can't understand a pagefull of tins for sale) for each of the vendors you want to deal with.

Then periodically (set for every hour right now) the vendor sites are checked to see if its in stock or not. When available, a link to the vendor page will appear next to that blend, all ready for acquisition! Hooway!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast