Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 448

NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

This is a discussion on NEW Tobacco Cellar (site) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by MarkC Nah, I usually do the same thing. I figure it's "bought already", so... Well, you could ...

  
  1. #61

    he that puffeth RJpuffs's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Nah, I usually do the same thing. I figure it's "bought already", so...
    Well, you could use the "wishlist" for that

    I just added a "TAD" stat on the homepage, highest 10 TAD victims in the past seven days should show here
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

  2. #62

    Heavy Puffer commonsenseman's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    Well, you could use the "wishlist" for that

    I just added a "TAD" stat on the homepage, highest 10 TAD victims in the past seven days should show here
    I hope you realize that by adding the TAD statistic, you're only helping to feed my viscious case of TAD.........or perhaps that was your intention
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

  3. #63

    Elder Puffer Fish Leader MarkC's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    I tell ya, he's got a cruel streak...

  4. #64

    Puffer Fish with some spikes Old_Salt's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    Well, you could use the "wishlist" for that

    I just added a "TAD" stat on the homepage, highest 10 TAD victims in the past seven days should show here

    what kind of coding is in use?
    the list says I've added 90 tins, I have'nt added that many in the last 6 months, least of all in the past 7 days. looks like you have some debugging to do

  5. #65

    Heavy Puffer commonsenseman's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
    what kind of coding is in use?
    the list says I've added 90 tins, I have'nt added that many in the last 6 months, least of all in the past 7 days. looks like you have some debugging to do
    I would check your "buy dates", my guess is they're all the day you uploaded everything. You'll probably have to go through & change them all.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

  6. #66

    I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Cool Beans!!!
    I am my brothers keeper.

  7. #67

    Puffer Fish with some spikes Old_Salt's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I would check your "buy dates", my guess is they're all the day you uploaded everything. You'll probably have to go through & change them all.
    I bet your right, most tins have a blank field for dates, I was too lazy to type everything in

  8. #68

    he that puffeth RJpuffs's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
    I bet your right, most tins have a blank field for dates, I was too lazy to type everything in
    It defaults to the current date when you forget to provide it (or on the import).

    The TAD stat is only 7 days old, so all the new cellar imports should fall off soon.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

  9. #69

    he that puffeth RJpuffs's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I hope you realize that by adding the TAD statistic, you're only helping to feed my viscious case of TAD.........or perhaps that was your intention


    Another thing I'm thinking of adding is a "stock checker" on the WishList. It should scan the major vendor sites and alert you when those items are in stock. I'm getting tired of the daily check for Stonehaven by hand
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

  10. #70

    Heavy Puffer commonsenseman's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post


    Another thing I'm thinking of adding is a "stock checker" on the WishList. It should scan the major vendor sites and alert you when those items are in stock. I'm getting tired of the daily check for Stonehaven by hand


    Dunno if that will help or hinder my constant search for Stonehaven. One thing's for sure, there's not enough to go around!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

  11. #71

    Puffer Fish with some spikes VFD421's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Wow! This is great. Thanks

  12. #72

    he that puffeth RJpuffs's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post


    Dunno if that will help or hinder my constant search for Stonehaven. One thing's for sure, there's not enough to go around!
    Can you imagine the feeding frenzy when half the populace of Puff stampedes over the website that DOES have Stonehaven in stock? Like a post-Christmas sale at Walmart
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

  13. #73

    Puffer Fish with some spikes Old_Salt's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    An observation of the new cellar,
    was checking out the home page of the cellar, and while reviewing the "most popular blends" list a little light bulb went off in my head { I usually come up with small ideas }
    the list is counting tins, not amount of tobacco. my cellar has 22 "8 oz. or larger".
    have 12 8 oz. tins of Fillmore alone. then there's the bulk should a Quart jar
    of 5100 be treated the same as a tin of Escudo. try crunching the numbers by weight
    & see if the popularity roster changes

  14. #74

    he that puffeth RJpuffs's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
    An observation of the new cellar,
    was checking out the home page of the cellar, and while reviewing the "most popular blends" list a little light bulb went off in my head { I usually come up with small ideas }
    the list is counting tins, not amount of tobacco. my cellar has 22 "8 oz. or larger".
    have 12 8 oz. tins of Fillmore alone. then there's the bulk should a Quart jar
    of 5100 be treated the same as a tin of Escudo. try crunching the numbers by weight
    & see if the popularity roster changes
    Good point, it should report both ways - or the 3 tons of bulk SG I have won't count for much
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

  15. #75

    he that puffeth RJpuffs's Avatar


     

    Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

    TAD alerts! Now you can check (some) online vendors for availability of your must-have blends. Add the blend to your wishlist, then click SETUP ALERTS. There are 3 vendors supported right now, I'll add more as I can figure it out. Simply copy/paste the URL of the DETAIL page for your wanted blend (this ONLY works when a DETAIL page is available, it can't understand a pagefull of tins for sale) for each of the vendors you want to deal with.

    Then periodically (set for every hour right now) the vendor sites are checked to see if its in stock or not. When available, a link to the vendor page will appear next to that blend, all ready for acquisition! Hooway!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •