Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

This is a discussion on NEW Tobacco Cellar (site) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I got bored over the New Year break and built a better mousetrap, errr, tobacco cellar! http://www.TobaccoCellar.com (yes, with a ...

Lightbulb NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

I got bored over the New Year break and built a better mousetrap, errr, tobacco cellar!

http://www.TobaccoCellar.com (yes, with a .COM at the end, not .org)
    With some help from Commonsenseman it is now working properly, so I figured I'd let you guys know about it.

It does everything the "other" cellar site did, and much much more, and much much better. A more intuitive screen layout, easier usage and navigation, and a very useful cellar usage projection chart along with realistic usage estimates (based on the actual consumption rather than arbitrary daily bowl numbers).

If you are already using the "other" cellar, the best part is - the data backup from there can be imported in here, poof, done!
    So take a gander at my new cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/RJPuffs and feel free to use the site!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

Re: NEW Tobacco Cellar (site)

Uh oh, the secret is out!

I feel so naked now that everyone can see my cellar!

“While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Obscured By Clouds PinkFloydFan's Avatar

Very Nice Sir..

I would love to use it.. Can I import data from the .org version to this site?

Would be easier the re-entering all the tin data and dates.. Just wondering.

Vin
    " Wish You Were Here " - Pink Floyd
    ** Vin's Updated Cellar Stash ** ....

Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    If you are already using the "other" cellar, the best part is - the data backup from there can be imported in here, poof, done!
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan View Post
    Very Nice Sir..

Vin
    Absolutely you can, see above.

You'll need to save it on your computer first, let us know how it works.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I like the cellar summary feature; I don't need to see line after line reading Hal O' The Wynd (although it feels nice when I'm feeling insecure ); just give me to total tin count. Nice! I'm off to work right now, but I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan View Post
    Very Nice Sir..

Vin
    Yup! Just download that other backup, and go into MyAccount (after you create an account, of course) and RESTORE BACKUP. Let me know if any problems, there were some conversion issues but it tested OK after some fixin's.

The new site tracks OPEN and FINISH dates, and figures out your actual usage (days/oz) from that. The other site does not have these days, but if you update it going forward with new tins, it will start to make accurate usage predictions. I used an Excel spreadsheet in the past so I had all my old used dates.
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I like the cellar summary feature; I don't need to see line after line reading Hal O' The Wynd (although it feels nice when I'm feeling insecure ); just give me to total tin count. Nice! I'm off to work right now, but I'll try it tonight when I get home.
    It shows that too - when you click the cellar details
    Escudo
    Escudo
    Escudo
    Yum!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Leading Puffer Fish

Hmmmm...trying to figure out how to enter my info.

I have logged in, but the different blue links appear to do nothing when I click on them.

on edit....durrrrr....nevermind. I figured it out. LOL

Leading Puffer Fish

Heh...maybe I DON'T have it figured out.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Nor do I, but that's OK. I'll most likely add all my tobacco in there myself, or stick with the old cellar.
    Last edited by Blaylock; 01-18-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davetopay View Post
    Heh...maybe I DON'T have it figured out.
    Eh? Create account. Login. Click MY ACCOUNT at the top.

There will be an option to RESTORE BACKUP towards the bottom of the page. Click it. Open the csv backup file you downloaded from the other place, it should open in Excel (or notepad). Mark everything or press CONTROL-A to select all, COPY (control-C or the Edit menu). Go to the big text box and PASTE the data there (control-V). Click the button, voila!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    Eh? Create account. Login. Click MY ACCOUNT at the top.

There will be an option to RESTORE BACKUP towards the bottom of the page. Click it. Open the csv backup file you downloaded from the other place, it should open in Excel (or notepad). Mark everything or press CONTROL-A to select all, COPY (control-C or the Edit menu). Go to the big text box and PASTE the data there (control-V). Click the button, voila!
    Don't have any old data. I was trying to build a cellar. Nothing is showing up and I am not seeing a place to add stats in.

For adding just one tin for testing - click ADD MORE, its the last option in the headers which normally would sort the list below it (which will be blank until you put some tins in). Granted its not a very obvious spot for that link!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock View Post
    Nor do I, but that's OK. I'll most likely add all my tobacco in there myself, or stick with the old cellar.

Ignore this

I think I got it. Thanks Ron.

Pretty slick. Cellar uploaded. I feel like I'm missing out on the tin date thing, I never kept a lot of open tins on the other one, I just deleted them as I smoked them. I'm gonna go see if I can add them now to this one.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast