Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Top three Boswell blends

This is a discussion on Top three Boswell blends within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; What are your top three favorite boswell blends. I have heard good things about them and want to order a ...

Top three Boswell blends

What are your top three favorite boswell blends. I have heard good things about them and want to order a few.

(__[$}___Cigars___}}}}} ComicalFerret's Avatar

Re: Top three Boswell blends

I want to know also!
    Selling Ronson Jet Lites. Message me.

Maturing Puffer Fish garydh2000's Avatar

They blend mostly aromatics. Here are my favorites:

Berry Cobler
    Boswell's Best
    Christmas Cookie

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

Out of the six of seven I have sampled, Northwoods and Christmas Cookie are the only ones I keep around.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

I finally ordered some samples from Boswell's to try. I just got them today, so I have nothing yet to report but I'll soon be sampling Berry Cobbler, Apple Strudel, Xmas Cookie, Dutch Treat, Sweet & Mild, and Magnum Blend. I'll be giving them a try over the next few days.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Indigosmoke,
    Enjoy and I would love to hear what you think.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I'm going to have to look into Boswell. Some of those sound tasty. I don't know if it translates to tobacco but I'm still in the "try everything" mode.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Bear Blend
    Northwoods
    Boswell's Best

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar

1) Northwoods... a full latakia mixture without the overkill.
    2) Christmas Cookie... I used to work at a B&M and I sold and sampled hundreds of different aromatics - I've found nothing like this one.
    3) Boswell's Best - Somehow they took something very much like Lane's 1Q and dried it to a point I could never get it to and made it about as perfect as I think it could possibly be. It's still moist but none of the moisture drips into the bowl. I still can't figure out how they did it.
    My pipe doesn't stink - YOU stink!

Well, I tried Xmas Cookie last night. The tobacco is a very fine shag type cut of mostly medium and dark colors. The pouch aroma came to me mostly as vanilla, with hints of nutmeg or maybe cinnamon. It actually reminded me of Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew, although it is more subtle and nuanced and less overpowering that SVH. However, unlike SVH, I found this tobacco smoked cool with no tongue bite no matter how hard I pushed it. I did not taste the aromatic flavors, but the side stream smoke wraps you in a cloud of Christmasy goodness. I was unable to extract much tobacco flavor, unlike others who have reviewed this blend. The room note was excellent. If you like the smell of sugar cookies baking you are sure to enjoy it.

Overall I can see why fans of aromatics enjoy these blends. Delicious pouch and room note, cool smoking, and no bite. Those who prefer light aromatics where the tobacco flavor interplays with the topping might prefer to look elsewhere for blends like TOI Galway.
    Last edited by indigosmoke; 04-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Overly mild tobaccos need to be "snorked" (if that's the proper term). Exhaling through the nose brings out more of the flavor. I'm currently finishing up a tin of a very mild tobacco and my review will state that if you don't exhale it through your nose, you shouldn't waste your time with it.

But I think you nailed the essence of Xmas Cookie to a tee. Just try the snorking thing and I think you'll find a bit more flavor to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by dmkerr View Post
    Overly mild tobaccos need to be "snorked" (if that's the proper term). Exhaling through the nose brings out more of the flavor. I'm currently finishing up a tin of a very mild tobacco and my review will state that if you don't exhale it through your nose, you shouldn't waste your time with it.

But I think you nailed the essence of Xmas Cookie to a tee. Just try the snorking thing and I think you'll find a bit more flavor to be had.
    I've never tried that. I'll give it a shot the next time I smoke a bowl.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I got their Cherry Smash, Chocolate Cream, No Bite Delite, and Berry Cobbler, along with a Christmas Cookie sample.

They are all good, the No Bite is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
    I've never tried that. I'll give it a shot the next time I smoke a bowl.

Just follow the hottie's lead....

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

Northwoods is a great latakia Blend.
    Classic English is good, but not sure if he stilll blends it.
    Sweet Tea is a great aromatic that actually tastes like sweet tea. Need to order some for those summer nights on the porch with a cold glass of tea!!!

I have heard great things about Christmas Cookie but have not tried it.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast