Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Pipe Lighters

This is a discussion on Pipe Lighters within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I will still use matches where I can, but sometimes its just WAY easier to use a lighter. I could ...

  
  1. #1

    Puffer Fish with some spikes beefytee's Avatar


     

    Pipe Lighters

    I will still use matches where I can, but sometimes its just WAY easier to use a lighter.

    I could just buy a bic...but I'd lose it and never have it when I needed it.

    So I was looking around and the Vector Gladius Pipe Lighter caught my eye.

    Anyone have any experience with this brand?

    Look how pretty. I like the black (I'm kind of a NIN black loving closet goth in a financier's body), but I also like the kind of classier looking mahogany.



  2. #2

    Puffer Fish with some spikes beefytee's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    78 views and no responses?

    Is there an existing thread? Is there no interest in this subject? Have I made a feaux pas?

  3. #3

    Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
    78 views and no responses?

    Is there an existing thread? Is there no interest in this subject? Have I made a feaux pas?
    Only on the spelling of faux pas.

    Sorry, no experience with this brand of lighter.
    My pipe doesn't stink - YOU stink!

  4. #4

    Lakeland Grognard Jack Straw's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Yeah to my knowledge none of the regular posters use that lighter, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I use a Jobon which is pretty OK considering it cost $11. Imco lighters are supposed to some of the more reliable cheap pipe lighters.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

  5. #5

    Sons of Apathy Hermit's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    I'll use a Bic if I'm somewhere where I might lose it.
    I take a Bic when I fly.
    Otherwise, I don't use nuthin' but my Old Boys.

  6. #6

    Heavy Puffer commonsenseman's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Yeah to my knowledge none of the regular posters use that lighter, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I use a Jobon which is pretty OK considering it cost $11. Imco lighters are supposed to some of the more reliable cheap pipe lighters.
    I use a Jobon on occasion too. Decent lighter for the price.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

  7. #7

    Full grown Puffer Fish Bermac's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    I use a Zippo with a pipe insert. That one looks cool, but that's as much input I have.

  8. #8

    The Smoky Dawn Front KetherInMalkuth's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Vector lighters offer a decent warranty, though not nearly as good as some of the other better brands. With any higher priced lighter, that's really what you're paying for, a lifetime of service on the item. It's not like the flame is any better on a Xikar than it is on a Ronson Jetlite, you just get a top notch service guarantee. Vector lighters don't cover "misuse, tampering, and abuse" in the warranty whereas Xikar has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're going to spend more than a few dollars on a lighter, and want something with tools built in, might I suggest the Xikar Resource Pipe Lighter instead, it's basically the exact same lighter with a lifetime warranty for many years of lighting bliss.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. ~ Ronald Reagan

  9. #9

    Full grown Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    I love my zippo. I have many shells (and a bunch of inserts). Lots of options for looks, especially if you spend on a japanese market zippo. One plus is the ability to fly with one. That vector is very cool, but airline unfriendly.

    I can't speak to old boy's, but I have never had a zippo flake out and if it does, they will fix it.

  10. #10

    Curmudgeon GlassEye's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Quote Originally Posted by phatmax View Post
    I love my zippo. I have many shells (and a bunch of inserts). Lots of options for looks, especially if you spend on a japanese market zippo. One plus is the ability to fly with one. That vector is very cool, but airline unfriendly.

    I can't speak to old boy's, but I have never had a zippo flake out and if it does, they will fix it.
    I just started using a zippo when my bic died and have decided that is the way to go for pipe lighting. If I was indoors, I would probably use matches but I never smoke indoors so the zippo is the most reliable option for me.

  11. #11

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Ditto here on the Xikar. I've got one of those and am very happy with it.


    Quote Originally Posted by KetherInMalkuth View Post
    Vector lighters offer a decent warranty, though not nearly as good as some of the other better brands. With any higher priced lighter, that's really what you're paying for, a lifetime of service on the item. It's not like the flame is any better on a Xikar than it is on a Ronson Jetlite, you just get a top notch service guarantee. Vector lighters don't cover "misuse, tampering, and abuse" in the warranty whereas Xikar has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're going to spend more than a few dollars on a lighter, and want something with tools built in, might I suggest the Xikar Resource Pipe Lighter instead, it's basically the exact same lighter with a lifetime warranty for many years of lighting bliss.
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.

  12. #12

    Puffer Fish with some spikes otto's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    That Vector Gladius looks like it has too many tools. I like my Corona Old Boy.

    Just for show, you can find it cheaper

    Clickey
    All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance. - Will Rogers

  13. #13

    Puffer Fish with some spikes beefytee's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    thanks guys.

    Going to look into the Xikar.

    I like the look a little better than the old boy.

  14. #14

    Keeper Of Odd Knowledge Enlil's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    I have been eyeing up those xikar pipe lighters recently too, they do have some very cool looking designs, and the prices seem resonable. I have been using an old boy for some years now (one with a wood jacket) and am totally in love with that lighter, its the ultimate table lighter IMO (although it dosent seem like such a great pocket lighter). Does the fire from the xikar come out at an angle like it does on the old boy?

  15. #15

    Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar


     

    Re: Pipe Lighters

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    Otherwise, I don't use nuthin' but my Old Boys.
    Ditto that! Since I first discovered them around 1990 or so, I've used nothing else. No reason to. If they have a flint and fluid, they work each and every time.
    My pipe doesn't stink - YOU stink!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •