Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Savvy Merry Christmas to myself. Been having a rough couple weeks, so I decided to treat myself ...

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    Merry Christmas to myself. Been having a rough couple weeks, so I decided to treat myself to a new pipe...

Claudio Cavicchi Smooth Tomato Pipes at Smoking Pipes .com

Second Cavicchi, looking forward to it's arrival.
    Wow. . .what a beautiful piece of briar. Enjoy.

Puffer Fish with some spikes El Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsidiousTact View Post
    How is beacon? What does it compare too, or what is it better than?

Apparently it's at least 2 cans good!
    Beacon is a Virginia with a bit of Perique; they list it as a flake, but when opened its a broken flake...many bits and pieces. It has the McClelland 'ketchup' smell to it, but to tell you I'm finding it quite wonderful. They say that McClelland does Virginias really well and I'm not one to argue.

I ordered 2 cans because I was thinking of turning a cigar smoking friend of mine onto the pipes; one is to be his Christmas present.

I really wish that I could cellar a couple of cans of this stuff, but I cant...I always end up popping the seal on it!

I can fill up a big chimany pipe like a MM Freehand or General and have a good hour and a half of Virginia bliss and only have to tamp occasionally to keep the fires rolling. I really love this stuff! Just so I dont get too spoiled I reserve myself to smoking it on mostly weekends only.

Please do give some a try.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish InsidiousTact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    Beacon is a Virginia with a bit of Perique; they list it as a flake, but when opened its a broken flake...many bits and pieces. It has the McClelland 'ketchup' smell to it, but to tell you I'm finding it quite wonderful. They say that McClelland does Virginias really well and I'm not one to argue.

I ordered 2 cans because I was thinking of turning a cigar smoking friend of mine onto the pipes; one is to be his Christmas present.

I really wish that I could cellar a couple of cans of this stuff, but I cant...I always end up popping the seal on it!

I can fill up a big chimany pipe like a MM Freehand or General and have a good hour and a half of Virginia bliss and only have to tamp occasionally to keep the fires rolling. I really love this stuff! Just so I dont get too spoiled I reserve myself to smoking it on mostly weekends only.

Please do give some a try.
    Wow... That sounds really really good... I'm kind of wishing I had picked some up in my last order now. Twice now I was this close to picking some up, but for some reason decided not to.

Merry Christmas to myself. Been having a rough couple weeks, so I decided to treat myself to a new pipe...

Nice! Cavicchi is where I'm planning to head when I'm ready to step up another level.

Wow, that thing has such a lustrous polish that you can see the the four lights in the photog's home made light box!
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

Somebody lock down my bank account...I just emailed Rad Davis about one of his pipes, and arranged a payment plan with him to acquire one. My two dream pipes a year or so ago were a Cavicchi and a Rad Davis Rhodesian...I just took out both of those in a couple of days...

No more pipes for me for awhile now. Here's the p0rn:

Boo-Frickity-Hoo

~Drool~

That is beautiful!!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Somebody lock down my bank account...I just emailed Rad Davis about one of his pipes, and arranged a payment plan with him to acquire one. My two dream pipes a year or so ago were a Cavicchi and a Rad Davis Rhodesian...I just took out both of those in a couple of days...

No more pipes for me for awhile now. Here's the p0rn:

A fine example of the pipe maker's art! Wonderful! Enjoy!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Both of those pipes are wonderful.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

just ordered 6 corn cob pipes for about 18 bucks. giving some away to friends and keeping two to try out new baccys

Cripes!!

'Bout time these arrived...

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...t/IMG_2418.jpg

Purchased a tin to test 'em out with at a B&M here too.....

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...t/IMG_2419.jpg

I'm a long-gone Waylon song on vinyl.....

Puffer Fish with some spikes lbiislander's Avatar

Squadron Leader is a big favorite of my buddy who got me hooked on pipes. I think I'm beginning to lean more towards aro's, but we'll see! Good luck!
    Frequently wrong but never in doubt!

Puffer Fish with some spikes phineasrex's Avatar

Early this morning, I noticed I was down to half a pack of pipe cleaners. This presented a great opportunity to buy a bunch of said pipe cleaners, and a pound of PS Balkan Supreme. Oh, and when Dunhill returned i ordered a tin each of EMP, NIghtcap, and London Mixture, along with 2 oz each of G&H Happy Brown Bogie and Dark Birdseye.

The best part is the 10/2007 date on the back

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post

The best part is the 10/2007 date on the back
    Can you reveal a source????? If so.........reveal it in a PM to me only!!!!! LOL
    I am my brothers keeper.

Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast