Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Before thanksgiving, I wanted to place a big order with two pipes and a bunch of tobacco, but I would ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish InsidiousTact's Avatar

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

Before thanksgiving, I wanted to place a big order with two pipes and a bunch of tobacco, but I would have been out of town for their arrival so I held off. After getting back I set up my cart at p&c but one of the pipes, a sav Antique shell author, was already bought. For some reason they were a pair to me so I had to reevaluate my entire cart, and I didnt get the other pipe (a sav antique shell Dublin). I ended up getting A sav natural with vulcanite in billiard shape with a longer stem... I wil try to post a pic when it finally gets here. I then filled the rest of my order with about $100 of tobacco.

The order had 50g tins of dark star, blackwoods flake, st James woods, 2 tins of FVF, escudo, marlin flake, opening night, a MM Washington cob, a 100g of 09 CC, and some tapered pipe cleaners. Including the sav it was about $140.

Wouldn't you know it, mere days after placing that order I saw a post that included links to pipes... First one I followed had a beautiful perfect pipe that I just had to have. So there went another 67 after shipping...
    The link is here if anyone wants to see it, just copy paste as I took out the http
    secure.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=65400

Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post
    Can you reveal a source????? If so.........reveal it in a PM to me only!!!!! LOL
    Guy on another forum was cleaning out his cellar. I was just in the right place at the right time for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Guy on another forum was cleaning out his cellar.
    Why on earth would he do that?
    To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed..., forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

There seem to be a lot of for sale threads in xmas shopping season...just a guess!

Taylor, I like that shape. You don't see a lot of small, straight apples. Dr. Watson smokes one all the time in the old Granada TV Sherlock Holmes series.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Taylor, I like that shape. You don't see a lot of small, straight apples. Dr. Watson smokes one all the time in the old Granada TV Sherlock Holmes series.
    Thanks! It really grabbed me and just didn't want to let go. The saddle bit, the pattern of rustication, it just came together for me.

On a sidenote, my cousins uncle passed away a while ago, as he was going through his uncle's stuff he found two pipes. He's considering selling one to me, a large-ish straight apple (I think) with nice grain if I remember right. I think it might be an ascot? It's probably 70's or older though. Smokes beautifully even uncleaned.
    To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed..., forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Young Puffer Fish Zulucollector's Avatar

Latest pipe purchases include:

Rad Davis 55 Shape
    Bill Shalosky Bent Brandy
    Comoy Blue Riband Rhodesian Shape 229

Just pulled the trigger on my Puff pipe. That's it for this year!

Rauchen macht Freude. Fritzchen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on my Puff pipe. That's it for this year!
    Well Done, Mark!

Luckily only 21-days-and-change before you can place the next order.

That reminds me: I must soon declare that February will once again be my alcohol free month in 2011.....

Brgds,
    Steve

I traded a few cigars out of my stash for this little beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    I traded a few cigars out of my stash for this little beauty
    Looks like she survived shipping just fine. I hope you enjoy it.

Beautiful Grain on that briar.

Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar

Took advantage of a sale at pipesandcigars.com and bought 3 more tins of GLP Meridian, a bunch of single tins of the new McClellands offerings and yep, this newly-appointed Dunhill humbug even tossed in 3 tins of 965. Even though I've replaced it in my rotation, old habits die hard....
    My pipe doesn't stink - YOU stink!

Puffer Fish with some spikes jfdiii's Avatar

Wife just bought me a Peterson Christmas 2010 pipe and a tin of their Holiday tobacco. Not allowed to smoke it yet, it's just sitting there mocking me.

I feel your pain Joe. Hopefully she didn't show it to you before hiding it away! I strongly suspect my girlfriend bought me a pipe in Manhattan earlier this week, I can't wait to see if I'm right.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Young Puffer Fish Zulucollector's Avatar

A friend of mine and I met a new, young carver for lunch today who is in town to play a concert (He's in a Christian Rock Band). His name is Pete Prevost and he's been apprenticing with Jody Davis and Todd Johnson.

I saw a couple of his pipes and was very impressed with his work. I wound up buying a small smooth volcano from him. I expect this young man to become a big name in the pipe carving world. The pipe I bought from him is pipe number 29 that he's made. It features his first handcut stem and it already looks like he's been doing this a long time.

Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast