Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by shotokun16 IM sick... I need a second job to fight this cold. Damn man, that post is ...

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by shotokun16 View Post
    IM sick... I need a second job to fight this cold.

Damn man, that post is below the belt. I've been just barely resisting ordering a Mario Grandi and those photos...those photos...I'm trying not to open Ebay...stay away from the "buy it now" button...I'm not sure I can resist.

Seriously, beautiful pipe.

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

I was eyeballin that one. Seems like it's hard to get a solid grained pipe that not partially rusticated for less than a hundred bucks from him. You should also post a full review when you get it.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Puffer Fish with some spikes shotokun16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    OH NICE ONE!
    Did you ask Kelly if thats Vulcanite or Acrylic?

Hey Jeff wanna do a Mario Grandi Pipe review together?

Anyways, i fell in love with this pipe due to its grain and stain. However, i was little hesitant due to the engineering and the possibilities of a pipe cleaner gaining access to the chamber (Thats what she said). I WAS RIGHT--its difficult putting the cleaner all the way through the shank. I think the individual who was in charge of drilling was either A) drunk or B) trying a Mario grandi system.

Take for an example of the Peterson System:

We know this system is suppose to eliminate gurgle but what is this Mario Grandi System with a side drill chamber?

Mario Grandi "system":

There was just one puddy filler:

*Photos taken from my Andriod Vibrant

Anyways, i havent smoked it yet and debating if i wanted to start with a Boswell Berry Cobbler and then go with all straight Virginias. Ill let you guys know how it smokes. I like breaking in my pipes with something sweet and then go with a dedicated tobacco. I might do Virginians or English (maybe Penzance).
    Last edited by shotokun16; 03-18-2011 at 05:52 AM.

What the!?!

Well the good news is, it shouldn't effect it's smoking. If it bothers you too much you can always use a small drill bit and ream the hole closer to point dead center of the stems draft hole. That should open it up and allow the pipe cleaner a full pass to the tobacco chamber.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

4 oz PS LBF, 4 oz PS LNF, 1 oz GH Black Irish X, tin of frog morton atp, tin of frog morton nott

My first ebay estate purchase showed up today. It's a Bertram "30" apple style straight. It's in great condition and I'm thrilled to have it. It was a steal and is my third briar bringing my collection to two cobs, a big basket briar, this and a brand new Lorenzetti bullmoosedesian.

I can't post pics yet, but a pic can be found here: webpages.charter.net/stonedog/pics/IMAG0196.jpg

The bowl is, to me at least, huge at .9" wide and about 1.5" deep.

No longer a community member.

Just got my two pipes in, a cassano and a stanwell

The Cassano is a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be, I had to re-drill the stem, but no problem since it's a Canadian. Really nice pipe, I am very impressed. Let's see how it handles tobacco. The stanwell is smaller, but lighter and super sexy looking. both beauties.

Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar

Trying to close a deal on 2-3 of Ben Rapaport's antique meerschaums, one circa mid-1800's and 2 from the early 1900's. Hope to finalize this weekend!
    My pipe doesn't stink - YOU stink!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmkerr View Post
    Trying to close a deal on 2-3 of Ben Rapaport's antique meerschaums, one circa mid-1800's and 2 from the early 1900's. Hope to finalize this weekend!
    That sounds very, very cool. Dan, you have got to get a camera so we can see these beauties!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Although I've procured many pipes since this thread began I have to chime in with the pipe I received yesterday. It's a stunning meerschaum carved by Sadik Yanik a Turkish carving master.

This pipe is huge, particularly for a meer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats your latest pipe purchase?-dragons-claw-2.jpg   Whats your latest pipe purchase?-dragons-claw.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Just got my two pipes in, a cassano and a stanwell

The Cassano is a lot nicer than I thought it was going to be, I had to re-drill the stem, but no problem since it's a Canadian. Really nice pipe, I am very impressed. Let's see how it handles tobacco. The stanwell is smaller, but lighter and super sexy looking. both beauties.
    I have some "Aro' of Crap" that you can use to break it in if needed. I guess I can part with it. I like that canadian look. Might have to look at getting one some day.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post
    I have some "Aro' of Crap" that you can use to break it in if needed. I guess I can part with it. I like that canadian look. Might have to look at getting one some day.
    naw, i got circus candy for my breaking in purposes. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirain View Post
    Although I've procured many pipes since this thread began I have to chime in with the pipe I received yesterday. It's a stunning meerschaum carved by Sadik Yanik a Turkish carving master.

This pipe is huge, particularly for a meer.

Holy cow, that pipe is a monster!

Looks great though. Hellofa score.

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

HOLY CRAP!!!! my Bullseye Flake finally came in at Cup O Joes!!! Was only on backorder for a year. Now if my Best Brown FLake would come in.
    I am my brothers keeper.

Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast