Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1268

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; well, that did the trick. Smokes awesome now. One thing I didn't expect to find is how little I like ...

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

well, that did the trick. Smokes awesome now.

One thing I didn't expect to find is how little I like the feel of the smooth finish after holding it for 15+ minutes. The wood just kinda lacks the warmth I expected it to have. It feels a bit plastic-y. Perhaps I'd like a sandblast finish better? I donno. I like the looks and it's a great smoker now, but just not sure if I'm completely sold on briars yet.

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Raccoon View Post
    I picked up this Savinelli from Don at James Island Piper early last week.. excellent fellow to do business with.
    this picture is from his web site.

The Zulu I got last week above smoked so nice I went back to Don and got the Billiard below it arrived today.

Oh, I like that Billiard, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by zx7rider View Post
    well, that did the trick. Smokes awesome now.

One thing I didn't expect to find is how little I like the feel of the smooth finish after holding it for 15+ minutes. The wood just kinda lacks the warmth I expected it to have. It feels a bit plastic-y. Perhaps I'd like a sandblast finish better? I donno. I like the looks and it's a great smoker now, but just not sure if I'm completely sold on briars yet.
    When I first started smoking pipes, I couldn't imagine why one would buy a sandblast or rusticated pipe over a smooth one. The more I smoke, though, the more I like rough craggy finished pipes. I still think my smooth pipes look nice, but I prefer the feel in the hand of a nice rough one. Here's one of my current favorites, an estate I got from Marty Pulvers. Fantastic smoker.

Looks like I'm running around backing up Clifford, but same here. Briar is my favorite material for a pipe, and I love looking at smooth pipes with great grain. However, I have to do that online, because my racks are completely dominated by sandblasts and rusticated. There's something about that rough feel in the hand while smoking that just makes everything right!
    ********.com

The real Sistine Chapel jbrown287's Avatar

Bought my first pipe today and they threw in some tobacco. Had to go with the xikar lighter because I wasn't giving 180.00 for an old boy at the store.

Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Raul Julia
    I also suffer from Entomophobia

Removed per request

Estate Dr. Grabow Grand Duke billiard, blue spade. Courtesy of Dave Whitney (pipesbywhitney on the bay)
    Attachment 71141

Removed per request

Dr. Grabow Berwyck Poker (85) Fixin' to fire it up with some SWR
    Attachment 71187

Are Dr. Grabow good pipes? I always find some in my estate buys. They seem like good pipes to me.....most clean-up real nice.

Rene

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ken Hastings's Avatar

So I was having a PAD attack. What I wanted was sold out all over the world at the usual pipe pushers. CI had a Stanwell Trio 207 sandblasted just like I wanted but it made no mention of a filter which I wanted. So I called customer service and after the nice lady researched it got the desired answer, yes it has a filter but you don't need to use it. Great ordered, then got a call from a very apologetic lady at CI needing to match an old address for me with public records to prove I was of age. Kinda weird considering I've bought from CI this year and almost weekly from CBid for the last couple of months. The FDA must have them spooked and considering that the second biggest cigar company in the world owns them they are taking this FDA stuff real serious. Had to go back two addresses but finally got a green light. New pipe, accessories and pipe tabacco inbound plus the free cigars they threw at me for spending $150 and the discount cigars that got me free shipping. I enjoy a good cigar but prefer to smoke my pipe while my girlfriend puffs through the cigars I don't like

One of the pipe pushers who was out of stock was Charles Traver but he was having a Stanwell Filter sale so somehow and I don't know how it happened a sandblasted 185 Army mount is also inbound
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats your latest pipe purchase?-pm-pswtr-207-q.jpg   Whats your latest pipe purchase?-army-mount-185_1.jpeg  

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

That Stanwell Trio 207 is truly gorgeous!

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by Madcaddyman View Post
    Are Dr. Grabow good pipes? I always find some in my estate buys. They seem like good pipes to me.....most clean-up real nice.

Rene
    Yep, they're good pipes...the older ones are better than the new ones. I have 9 of 'em and they're all good smokers and good lookers. My Vikings stack up against my Falcons any day of the week. Now, they are mass market and inexpensive so most have fills and some people don't like the lacquer coat they use on some of the lines. The Royalton and Freehand lines are very nice. Still made in the USA. I like 'em!

earlier today I ordered:
    a 50g tin of FVF
    a 3.5oz tin of Mac B. vanilla cream
    a 3.5oz tin of Mac B. HH mature Virginia

Also Picked up a couple Monte Christo edicion limitada for $7.50 a piece from a local store. couldn't find anything wrong with em.

Young Puffer Fish

Mm pony inbound probably be here tomorrow. Still have to pick out some Baccy for it. Mhmmm very exciting first cob.
    Smoking allowed

Young Puffer Fish

So I finally found a pipe shop in Paris and I got 15 euros in my bday package from my parents. Although the pipe has yet to arrive yet the tobacco has been chosen or rather the tobacco chose me. Tobacco prices are fixed in France so everywhere is the same and expensive at that. I got a tin of davidoff blue mixture. Anyone have any experience with this line of tobaccos?
    Dave
    Smoking allowed

Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast