Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1268

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I just pulled the trigger on a Savinelli churchwarden and a Storient meerschaum. This is why alcohol and PAD don't ...

No longer a community member.

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

I just pulled the trigger on a Savinelli churchwarden and a Storient meerschaum. This is why alcohol and PAD don't mix.

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

I don't see any pics so it might not have happened, but right, it is advised to lock your mouse in a safe while enjoying a bakers dozen of brews. Can't go wrong with a Sav.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    I don't see any pics so it might not have happened, but right, it is advised to lock your mouse in a safe while enjoying a bakers dozen of brews. Can't go wrong with a Sav.
    Attachment 75476Attachment 75477

For some reason I can't get the image of the warden to upload. I went with a nice rustic.

Attachment 75478

So, on Wednesday I went to a local B&M and bought a Karl Erik freehand and two tins of SG 1792

Whats your latest pipe purchase?-karl-erik-1792.jpg Whats your latest pipe purchase?-karl-erik-top.jpg Whats your latest pipe purchase?-karl-erik-2.jpg

The past few days I've been stalking the heck out of Ebay and just barely missed a few nice pipes (including what would have been my first Dunhill and at quite a bargain at under $100, though it needed some cleaning). I have a few more on my watch list closing today, some of which I've bid on, and hopefully I'll win one or two.

Early this morning (around 4am) I placed an order on 4noggins.com for: a tin of Solani X-Sweet Mystery (one of my favorite aromatics), 4oz of 4noggins' Bald Headed Teacher (one of my favorite mild to medium body tobaccos), a replacement stem for my MM Legend, and a new MM Patriot with a bent stem. Unfortunately, the first time I tried to place the order I got a white screen with some kind of failure message to order later. The second time, it went back to the order screen with some red lettering about trying later or with a different payment method. Finally, I stopped using my credit card (though there should be no problem with that card) and ordered with Pay Pal/Bill Me Later. Unfortunately, one of the attempts where I got a failure message must have gone through anyway since when I checked later, both my credit card and Bill Me Later seem to have been authorized (the available balance went down on both by the amount of the sale). So, while I hope 4noggins notices two of the exact same orders within a minute or less of each other and realizes something went wrong and cancel one of the orders (or at at least hopefully they contact me to be sure), I think I might have doubled up that order. That would be OK, The soft plastic MM Legend stem doesn't last long (so another replacement stem will probably be needed in 6-12 months or less), and I love BHT and Solani X-Sweet Mystery, but the BHT would have been cheaper if bought as 8oz instead of two 4oz orders, and I do not need two MM Patriots with the bent stem (if I did two, I'd want one bent and one straight). I'd rather have spent the extra $55 on another Ebay estate pipe or as part of the price of something more expensive. Oh well, worst case, fodder to help get back into my starter package bombs (look out newbies if I get back into it, I used to be pretty obsessive).

Anyway, I'm about to place an order at Cup-a-Joes for a Peterson Belgique (the small bowl will be perfect for Vit N heavy hitter Lakeland blends), and maybe a Peterson Canadian. I also still have a few nice Ebay auctions I'm following and/or have bid on so a few more may end up with me later today.

Edit:
    How could I have forgotten the Mario Grandi Churchwarden freehand I bought on Ebay last week, paid for on Friday, and UPS tells me will be here tomorrow?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIPE-MARIO-G...vip=true&rt=nc
    Last edited by Jeff10236; 02-24-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Jeff, just email Rich at 4noggins, and he will fix your double order for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Jeff, just email Rich at 4noggins, and he will fix your double order for you.
    Good idea, I sent off the email. Thanks.

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

I picked up this Caminetto from Marty Pulvers last week. It's in great shape and is a fine smoker.

Caminetto2 by GoerzDagor, on Flickr

Caminetto by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

Saw this on eBay last night and fell in love Stanwell Majestic square horn.

Just beautiful...
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Picked up one of these today.
    Ten Pipe Grab Bag of Smokable Seconds

And the IPSD goodie bag that came with it:

Full grown Puffer Fish Goatmilk's Avatar

Recieved my ISPD order today
    Tin of Darbyshire (almost forgot this one)
    Tin of FVF
    Tin of Dunhill 965
    Tin of Nightcap
    Also received the goodie bag however I didn't receive the slippers and my bag of 4th generation was 2 slices of 1931.
    Last edited by Goatmilk; 02-26-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goatmilk View Post
    received the goodie bag however I didn't receive the slippers
    What??!!!! no slippers??? What an outrage?? I would demand a refund!!
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Newbie in the ocean

Last pipe I purchased was a churchwarden Handcrafted McKie Pipe.

Full grown Puffer Fish

stanwell bamboo bulldog off the bay for less than a franklin!

Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast