Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; On my trip to victoria, I picked up 50g of Morris flake (a house blend Virginia), 100g of long golden ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

On my trip to victoria, I picked up 50g of Morris flake (a house blend Virginia), 100g of long golden flake, and 50g of solani's vaper flake.

I also picked up a shiny new Peterson XL21 rusticated fishtail bulldog. This will be my official PhD pipe, and will be smoked first only after my successful (hopefully) defence!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Diodon nepheligina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    On my trip to victoria, I picked up 50g of Morris flake (a house blend Virginia), 100g of long golden flake, and 50g of solani's vaper flake.

I also picked up a shiny new Peterson XL21 rusticated fishtail bulldog. This will be my official PhD pipe, and will be smoked first only after my successful (hopefully) defence!
    Nice haul, Garin. From what you posted, it sounds like you are past prelims and just awaiting your dissertation defense? Confidence, good man, confidence. You have spent years immersed in your field. You know your stuff. Regardless of your level of mastery of your subject, however, your committee members will still likely probe to find the boundaries of your knowledge- after all, it is their job. All the best to you, in what sounds like the home stretch. And get plenty of rest before your defense.

It will be one sweet bowl to smoke after all are patting you on the back.
    "When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. " ~Mark Twain

This evening I jarred up a pound of Penzance which I received today. After tying this tobacco I have added it to my regular rotation; this tobacco is definitely something special.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.ll View Post
    Softy bits kick ass.
    I think you're putting them on the wrong end.

But seriously, I love 'em! I started using them to protect the pipe, but I think they probably are good for my teeth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee-Cup View Post
    This evening I jarred up a pound of Penzance which I received today. After tying this tobacco I have added it to my regular rotation; this tobacco is definitely something special.
    Getting mine this weekend, can't wait to try it!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Diodon nepheligina's Avatar

Just got a big sampler of 2oz each of G&H flakes & ropes, and some others.

Ropes
    Happy Brown Bogie Unsliced
    Black Irish X
    Rum Twist Unsliced
    Brown Irish X Unsliced
    Sweet Whiskey

Flakes
    Best Brown Flake #2
    Bob's Chocolate Flake
    Bosun Cut Plug
    Bright CR Flake
    Brown Flake Unscented
    Coniston Cut Plug
    Dark Flake Unscented
    Rum Flake

Other
    Dark Bird's Eye

Also got a couple oz each of:

Charles Fairmorn Lancer Slices
    Stokkebye Cube Cut
    C&D Bayou Night
    "When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. " ~Mark Twain

Pulled the trigger on a Peterson Killarney 80s and a few tins

Long Golden Flake
    St. James Flake
    Maltese Falcon
    Meridian
    Chelsea Morning
    Westminster

Just bought an intriguing carved pipe from ebay fro 30 odd, with free shipping.

Also in the idst of buying some Frog Morton on the Town, some Rum Flake and perhaps some other tobaccos

Quote Originally Posted by Diodon nepheligina View Post
    Just got a big sampler of 2oz each of G&H flakes & ropes, and some others.

Ropes
    Happy Brown Bogie Unsliced
    Black Irish X
    Rum Twist Unsliced
    Brown Irish X Unsliced
    Sweet Whiskey

Flakes
    Best Brown Flake #2
    Bob's Chocolate Flake
    Bosun Cut Plug
    Bright CR Flake
    Brown Flake Unscented
    Coniston Cut Plug
    Dark Flake Unscented
    Rum Flake

Other
    Dark Bird's Eye

Also got a couple oz each of:

Charles Fairmorn Lancer Slices
    Stokkebye Cube Cut
    C&D Bayou Night
    I have been eyeing the GH Flake and Rope tobaccos for a while now and I can't remember seeing anyone comment on them here; if they did I certainly missed it. When you do try these tobaccos would you give us some feedback on your experience.

I have been eyeing the GH Flake and Rope tobaccos for a while now and I can't remember seeing anyone comment on them here; if they did I certainly missed it. When you do try these tobaccos would you give us some feedback on your experience.

I like their Brown Bogie. Dark Flake Unscented is pretty good too.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Moe, the GH Ropes and Flakes are terrific. I'm a big fan of the Brown Irish X, which is probably the second strongest tobacco out there after Tambolaka. It's way better than SG rope. I've got 500g of it coiled up in mason jars, let me know if you want a sample. I can also sample you some Brown Flake unscented. Dark flake is also quite good, it's in a similar vein to 1792/Bracken Flake, except "on steroids." It can be had unflavored or with the full lakeland flowery stuff, which I actually like. I've been meaning to get more, but it has not been my top priority.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I like their Brown Bogie. Dark Flake Unscented is pretty good too.
    Jeff! Initially you threw me "for a loop" with Brown Bogie, but then I realized you were talking about "Happy Brown Bogie Unsliced". That beautiful coiled rope of tobacco looks absolutely scrumptious. I am listing Brown Bogie and Dark Flake in my Tobacco Black Book" with a star in front of it; thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Moe, the GH Ropes and Flakes are terrific. I'm a big fan of the Brown Irish X, which is probably the second strongest tobacco out there after Tambolaka. It's way better than SG rope. I've got 500g of it coiled up in mason jars, let me know if you want a sample. I can also sample you some Brown Flake unscented. Dark flake is also quite good, it's in a similar vein to 1792/Bracken Flake, except "on steroids." It can be had unflavored or with the full lakeland flowery stuff, which I actually like. I've been meaning to get more, but it has not been my top priority.
    Andrew! You are another person who really surprised me; I did not know that you liked or used GH ropes and flakes. You also "threw me for a loop" with Brown Irish X; some how I only thought of Peterson's Irish Flake which is supposed to be a very strong tobacco. GH has such a large array of tobaccos that it is overwhelming to me; you look at GH and you say to yourself "where do you begin?" I thank you again for your generosity and I am anxious to sample some GH that you personally like.

Potentate of Meerschaum Granger's Avatar

Got an Altinok Meer in the mail today (Along with some tobaccos from Captain Enormous so you can guess what I am doing today!).

Now, on the negative, this pipe took a long time to get here...but on the positive it is an awesome pipe. It is the Cutty, but I had this one made to hold a 9mm filter so it has a larger stem, but it feels good and it is an excellent straight pipe. The Cutty style has a foot and is a great standing pipe!

So let me remind you all of a few things

1) Meer pipes are awesome, try one if you don't have one.

2) Give 9mm filters a chance, you MIGHT like it (not those things in Grabow pipes either but 9mm charcoal filters with ceramic caps)

3) Try one from Altinok...quality and good service every time

4) Sugar Barrel is a great OTC
    ...have I ever mentioned that I smoke Meers and love Sugar Barrel?

Got this bad boy in the mail today. Sorry for the pic quality. This is an old Savinelli Hercules 803EX. Its a chunk of briar! Got it on ebay for $16. I could not believe I got it for that price. I was pumped. The pipe is in excellent shape other than some oxidation on the stem which will be tended to.

[/IMG]

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast