Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1268

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; said to be from 70's or 80's vintage No date on the can...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

said to be from 70's or 80's vintage No date on the can
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

This one's for Robert... The Fascist returns!

Yes, it's a different tin...
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    This one's for Robert... The Fascist returns!

Yes, it's a different tin...
    Doode, stop hording all the vintage ( ;
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Newbie in the ocean

Hello all, I just received an Arley Curtz that is beautiful and has a stem that seems to be custom fit to my clinch! Cant believe this pipe...will upload a picture after I post 4 more replies and get the status.

Hello all, I just received an Arley Curtz that is beautiful and has a stem that seems to be custom fit to my clinch! Cant believe this pipe...will upload a picture after I post 4 more replies and get the status.
    Wonderful!!! I am heading to his house shortly to smoke. I hope you enjoy your new pipe. Please post pictures so I can see it. Where did you purchase it?
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    Sent off the check today. I've been stashing cash my Latakia Blending Tobacco can for some time.

Jack Howell 284 L_Photo by Neill Archer Roan by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Just thought I'd share that I saw both prototypes this past weekend. Talk about very nice pipes! One of the guys that smokes with us said it was a very good smoker. It's money well spent! lol.
    Wilson Roa (aka: Will)
    www.wilsonroaphotography.com

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Thanks for the report, Wilson! Now my PAD has really kicked in!

DJ
    Credo quia absurdum!

I managed to stop in at SmokingPipes' storefront last week and picked up this Savinelli Fuoco Dark 616KS:

Here's a pic of the box along with a few tins I picked up. Note it's not the standard dark box, but an eye catching yellow with a reproduction of Fire by Giuseppe Arcimboldo. Very nice.

All four tins are from my "must try" list. I found the Robusto and Old Gowrie in their "scratch and dent" bin. They were marked down significantly and the seal was still intact. Score!
    Last edited by Stonedog; 04-16-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

That Fuoco looks great. I've been wanting to see a real picture of one for some time. I like that the mount is aluminum and not silver as it won't tarnish. Great lines too. Enjoy.

Got this Savinelli Vaniglia a couple weeks ago because it only weighs an ounce and I'm a sucker for dublins. Smokes cool as a cucumber despite being new and smoking straight virginias. Fun pipe.

screenshot on pc

665 Neighbor of The Beast Wharfrat's Avatar

Just got in my bonus buy. Mm Great Dane Bent Spool ( my 4th cob ) A Bjarne Copenhagen Bent Egg ( my 1st briar ) and a 6 pack of H&H tins
    Mohawk River
    Marble Kake
    Anniversary Kake
    Old Tartan
    Classic Burley Kake
    Old Kinderhook
    The Anni and Mohawk I have had before but the others are new to me. I am fairly new to pipes. Had a limited experience back in the late 80's. So now I'm trying to do it right or at least making it look like I am.

Ropp Altesse 210 (Estate).

Attachment 76820Attachment 76821

Time for a test drive with Germain's Rich Dark Flake.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    That Fuoco looks great. I've been wanting to see a real picture of one for some time. I like that the mount is aluminum and not silver as it won't tarnish. Great lines too. Enjoy.
    This is by far my most expensive pipe and to my eye most attractive. I've yet to try it though, it just sits in the pipe rack looking pretty. One of these days I'll work up the nerve, but I need to pick an appropriate tobacco and right now I don't have anything open that seems worthy. Maybe I should pop that tin of GL Pease Robusto and see how it does in that larger than average bowl.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    This is by far my most expensive pipe and to my eye most attractive. I've yet to try it though, it just sits in the pipe rack looking pretty. One of these days I'll work up the nerve, but I need to pick an appropriate tobacco and right now I don't have anything open that seems worthy. Maybe I should pop that tin of GL Pease Robusto and see how it does in that larger than average bowl.
    I've had that problem in the past. Your pic really makes me want to get one now as that stain is quite beautiful (was on the fence.) Let us know how she smokes when you get to it.

"Ooh, marshmallow!" SmokinSpider's Avatar

May I bring this thread back? I am so bummed it has not been posted in all year, is no one else buying pipe stuff anymore?

Some REAL pipe tobacco for me.

Nording Black Freehand

(p.s. if this thread was supposed to die I am sorry, I didn't see any other similar thread.

Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast