Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1268

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by SmokinSpider May I bring this thread back? I am so bummed it has not been posted in ...

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinSpider View Post
    May I bring this thread back? I am so bummed it has not been posted in all year, is no one else buying pipe stuff anymore?
    No, I buy stuff all the time

I just didn't know that this thread existed. I will have to post in her now though
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

^^^Me either I already posted it in my own thread but.

Nording Virgin Grain #1

"Ooh, marshmallow!" SmokinSpider's Avatar

Cool.

Before everything went sideways for me this was my favorite thread. Then I leave for a bit and it disappears, so I figured it needed a bump lol.

Beautiful pipe Thomas,

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinSpider View Post
    May I bring this thread back? I am so bummed it has not been posted in all year, is no one else buying pipe stuff anymore?

[/URL]
    Nording Black Freehand
    Everybody has generally been posting over here. Amazingly, it dates back to '05. It's one of those six to one, half a dozen to the other scenarios.

That is a gorgeous freehand by the way

Full grown Puffer Fish LandonColby's Avatar

@Tgs679 @SmokinSpider

Beautiful Nordings! I love his pipes but HATE that coating on the inside of the bowl. Have you guys noticed a strange flavor when breaking them in? I smoked mine religiously for a couple months trying to break it in and get rid of the dry, parched taste but to no avail. I finally scraped clumps of the rubbery coating out with a pocket knife and followed up by sanding the inside down to the briar and starting fresh. Break in only took a handful of smokes after that and all my tobaccos tasted normal again. What are your experiences?
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    -Bertrand Russell

Thank you Tobias. I never bothered looking into that thread. Figured all I would see are vintage tobacco tins and estate pipe lol

Unfortunately I have been unable to smoke my new pipe, I suddenly came down with a sinus cold the night I posted those pictures, cant breath through my nose today. I have read that most people don't notice the pre-carbonizing but some people do.
    This is my first Nording as well, my last pipe which was a Made in Denmark Stanwell had a very thin deep black almost smooth pre carbonizing. During break in I didn't notice it, but looking at the Nording's pre carb it seems thicker, lighter shade of black and looks more porous than my Stanwell. I will smoke it with the pre carb and see, If after a few bowls I don't notice improvement I will gently sand it out.

Alpha Puffer Fish lukesparksoff's Avatar

Went to a tobacco tasting event hosted by Jonathan drew and Marvin Samel last Friday
    "A wisely chosen cigar, to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments; in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away." Zino Davidoff

I heard so much positive notes on cobs, I ordered a few from Pipes & Cigars. Still waiting.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Very cool, glad to see Drew Estate's Tobacco on the board.

Once you get over the stigma of it being a cob pipe and that feeling of needing a jug with XXX on the side cobs are fantastic. I have a few, they are fun to smoke since they always smoke cool, rarely gurgle and if I drop, loose, burn out or just plain loose it I am not out a bunch of money. I keep thinking I need to get a Forever Stem for my cobs.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish JustTroItIn's Avatar

I just picked up a forever stem for my cobs and have absolutely no regrets. I clench often and tend to mangle the stems you get with a cob. I purchased the long stem too so the smoke is a bit cooler.

I just picked up this Savinelli Extra 122.
    Name:  Savinelli 2.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  15.4 KB

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tony78's Avatar

Excellent choice Robert... a fine looking pipe indeed!

Thanks, Tony. I'm a fan of Sav' s and I couldn't pass this one up. It came pre-restored and requires a break in, but already displays all the qualities one would expect of a Savinelli.

Young Puffer Fish

Dr Grabow smooth omega Love the tip easy to hold in your mouth. its my 2nd pipe first one ia a Dr Grabow smooth savoy

Two ounces of Butternut Burley, and I added twelve tins of Hamborger Veermaster to meet the shipping minimum.
    ********.com

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast